Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Breedon

Legendary Member
Just signed up to Zwift. Let's see if I ride more on BKool or Zwift, then I'll cancel the one I use the least.

Going to have a spin before the rugger today, so 3-30 ish. Looks like the Mountain is available so might have a pop at that.
Welcome aboard Whorty, I did a bkool session last night resistance wasn't being applied properly tried twice worked on 3rd attempt then video was running twice as fast, I don't get these problems on zwift I was shouting out loud.
Looks like I'll keep bkool for chaingang.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I hope you get more out of it. The obvious simple benefit is that at any time of the day there will be dozens of riders with you, so you can have a bit of competition if you want. There are races or group rides virtually ever hour of every day. So it will fit around your personal schedule. Check out Zwift power. Use Strava to link your rides from Zwift.

I have never ridden so much for distance rides on a trainer.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Just signed up to Zwift. Let's see if I ride more on BKool or Zwift, then I'll cancel the one I use the least.

Going to have a spin before the rugger today, so 3-30 ish. Looks like the Mountain is available so might have a pop at that.

A pop:stop:

Give yourself upwards of an hour from the start, warm up and after the tunnel you will do a left and then over the bridge an dthen it begins^_^
Enjoy, oh, and :welcome:
Do read the Titanium Geek guide and that will help you hugely.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
And how do you join races? There is a Mountain goat ride at 4:05, group D is 1 lap plus the mountain, but doesn't say how you join this, start the ride and make sure you stay on the correct course. Are there any instructions?

bobinski

Legendary Member
And how do you join races? There is a Mountain goat ride at 4:05, group D is 1 lap plus the mountain, but doesn't say how you join this, start the ride and make sure you stay on the correct course. Are there any instructions?

When you log into Zwift you will see that ride amongs others listed top right. Click it and you will join. The go for a warm up and about 20m before ride starts you will get a pop up asking if want to join and you will be taken to the warm up on the pier where you warm up on your turbo, banner ticks down and then you are off! You will be autondirected around the route with the group. Just stay with them;)

JLaw

Veteran
what ride do i choose? there is a 'Mountain 8' - is that the one to select?
There should just be "Mountain Route". "Mountain 8" would work too., but it's slightly different.

If you want some racing, there's a mountain goat race in about an hour. It's an interesting format. It's a staggered start based on category (I'll probably ride D). And each category does a different number of laps on Ocean Blvd. then up the climb. Presumably this results in a competitive end to the climb. It's similar to our chase races (they have those too, but haven't tried one yet).

Links to the C & D race info below:

http://zwiftpower.com/race.php?id=4676
http://zwiftpower.com/race.php?id=4683

JLaw

Veteran
When you log into Zwift you will see that ride amongs others listed top right. Click it and you will join. The go for a warm up and about 20m before ride starts you will get a pop up asking if want to join and you will be taken to the warm up on the pier where you warm up on your turbo, banner ticks down and then you are off! You will be autondirected around the route with the group. Just stay with them;)
Actually the mountain goat race requires a manual turn after completing laps in the flat lands.

You can sign up when first logging into the simulator. Alternately, use zwiftlink on a tablet/phone so you can get a reminder and sign up well in advance of the race.

I'll be looking for you Whorty. I'd guess you're either C or D. I'll be riding with the D group.

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Actually the mountain goat race requires a manual turn after completing laps in the flat lands.

You can sign up when first logging into the simulator. Alternately, use zwiftlink on a tablet/phone so you can get a reminder.

I'll be looking for you Whorty. I'd guess you're either C or D. I'll be riding with the D group.
I'll sign up for D as not sure how my power will relate to Zwift. Should be able to spot my avatar as Zwift has made me a little porker!! I'll have to watch out for the manual course change as I'm not close to my laptop when on the bike so I almost have to get off to press the keyboard :ohmy:

JLaw

Veteran
So on zwiftlink, it says

"The race module will end after you have completeed the number of laps for your Group BUT IS IS NOT THE END OF THE RACE. Keep racing and be ready to manually select the LEFT HAND TURN as soon as the option appears in the Biodome about 20 seconds later, after the first tunnel section and before the big tree.

Continue racing without further manual turns until you cross the race finish line at the Epic KoM banner -- this is the one with the blue polka dots and the statue of the goat-like ibex next to it. You will see the countdown to the Epic KoM when you are 1.6km (1 mile) from the banner, keep going until your KoM tie appears to finish the race
[ ... ]
You MUST add ZHR to both your Zwift name and later your Strava file name.
No TT bikes
Power-ups are allowed"

The Zwift/Strava file name changes are pretty typical. Presumably they allow for grabbing data on the riders from strava more easily.

JLaw

Veteran
I'll sign up for D as not sure how my power will relate to Zwift. Should be able to spot my avatar as Zwift has made me a little porker!! I'll have to watch out for the manual course change as I'm not close to my laptop when on the bike so I almost have to get off to press the keyboard :ohmy:
Carl Whorty, see you on the list.

Make sure to append ZHR to your zwift name

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
If you follow other riders in Zwift then you can see if they are logged on the opening pages. It's a social website encouraging connections

bobinski

Legendary Member
Next Saturday?

SATURDAY, MARCH 25TH
9:30AM GMT

Maratona dles Dolomites eFondo
maratona.jpg

DESCRIPTION
ABOUT

Join us for the first-ever eFondo on Zwift. Let's ride together to conquer the Watopia Pretzel course to celebrate on the world famous Maratona dles Dolomites. There is no leader so ride at your own pace and try to conquer the Watopia Preztel course in your best possible time.

UNLOCK THE MARATONA DLES DOLOMITES KIT

All Zwifters that finish the event will unlock the official Maratona does Dolomites kit. This is the only way to permanently unlock the kit. When Zwifters see you in the kit they will know you finished the eFondo. A true badge of honor!

GRAND PRIZE

We giving away 2 starting places at the real-world 31st edition of the Maratona dles Dolomites-Enel! We will choose one Zwifter at at random to win the starting places so bring a friend along!

If the winner already has a starting place at this years event, then we can offer 2 options:

1. Upgrade to start in the 1st wave of riders
2. The possibility to use the 2 entries for the 2018 edition

MORE PRIZES

We don't stop at the two free entries - we will draw more prizes for all entrants that finish the first edition of the eFondo including:

- Official Castelli Cycling kit of the Maratona dles Dolomites-Enel 2017 (available in July)

- Castelli Idro Jacket

- Special edition KASK Protone Maratona dles Dolomites - Enel edition helmet (available in July)

- Selle Italia saddle

COURSE INFO

COURSE: Watopia Pretzel
LAP DISTANCE: 44.9 mi / 72.2 km
ELEVATION GAIN: 4,375 ft / 1,333 m
LAPS: 1
TOTAL DISTANCE: 44.9 mi / 72.2 km
PACE: Ride your own pace. Race to the finish with the front group or ride along with others. Your finishing time will be displayed when you finish under the Maratona dles Dolomites arch.

Top Bottom