Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I was waiting for you but you were so far back I thought you had crashed!

My schoolboy error was to go from BSim to Zwift without' rebooting' the trainer so I ended up as a very slow to react superhero.
I didn't save the ride as a result.

AAAC

Time for you to get a Neo:okay:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Anyone else fancy a repeat of stage one tonight?
Can't - sorry - on wife duty tonight :okay:

Whorty

It's all a learning curve - groups and drafting is great when it works (like that handicap race last Thursday) and bad when they go wrong and miss the start (London). Hopefully Innsbruck will be kinder... even with all that climbing ^_^
My tactic, and everyone will find their own method, but this works for me, is to work on the flats to stay in a group but don't let your nose get out in front. Sit in the draft, and work hard enough to stay in that group. If you are feeling strong, and you think you can jump to the next group ahead, then give it a go, else just sit in. On any little incline (there are a few in London even on the 'flat' sections, then work hard to get over the top of these lumps and not lose your group, but then just sit in again.

When you get to the hills, just ignore everyone else. I used to try to race those around me, and this would end up with me going into the red and blowing up. As there is next to no draft benefit on a climb I just ignore what others are doing; settle into a rhythm you're comfortable with and just turn the pedals. Ignore anyone overtaking you ... if you chase, you will probably blow up.

Like I say, works for me now but may not work for others :okay:

mjd1988

Guru
My tactic, and everyone will find their own method, but this works for me, is to work on the flats to stay in a group but don't let your nose get out in front. Sit in the draft, and work hard enough to stay in that group. If you are feeling strong, and you think you can jump to the next group ahead, then give it a go, else just sit in. On any little incline (there are a few in London even on the 'flat' sections, then work hard to get over the top of these lumps and not lose your group, but then just sit in again.

When you get to the hills, just ignore everyone else. I used to try to race those around me, and this would end up with me going into the red and blowing up. As there is next to no draft benefit on a climb I just ignore what others are doing; settle into a rhythm you're comfortable with and just turn the pedals. Ignore anyone overtaking you ... if you chase, you will probably blow up.

I think on a course like that this is the way to go

Whorty

put an asterisk next to Carl's remarkable time:whistle:
You wait until I have my next EPO and blood transfusion before stage 2 :laugh: Did I mention I've lost weight too, and I'm down to 65 kg? :tongue: Well, I was that weight at one time in my life :rofl:

Joffey

Big Dosser

Great advice! That's what I did last week to great effect but I was messing about with a new HR strap at the start last night and missed everyone going off so I was chasing to find a group from the start... Schoolboy error. I did as you suggest on the climb then my trainer signal stopped costing me more time to reconnect.

Hopefully I'll sort myself out for the next one and be a bit closer to my Cat D rivals.

I'd do London again but my legs are gone today :laugh:

Marino.g

Veteran
Lots of rides and lots of strong performances yesterday. Well done all :bravo:

@IrishAl may have a new turbo, but it's the same old story as he sets the early pace. But lots of standout efforts, such as @Whorty heading the blues with a good ride despite his back pains, @Marino.g knocking 6 mins off his first attempt and @Joffey belying his initial categorisation and infiltrating the blues (we may have to bump you up if you continue in that vain mate :okay:)

Stage 2 starts tomorrow - remember it's the long distance that we're using.
View attachment 500552
I’m not super competitive or anything like that but I think you’ve got the wrong time for Joffey:blush:

Attachments

• FDB933A9-50B5-4EA3-9852-B8E187433A76.png
    FDB933A9-50B5-4EA3-9852-B8E187433A76.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 5
Top Bottom