Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alongo

Guru
I think this is what I'm planning to do tonight .... but the heat of the moment may change this!

Out the pens push about 230 watts. Aiming to push between 210-230 until I get to the first Little Climb. I'm expecting, as always, that many will go off far too fast and, once they get up the little climb they will probably be on their limit. Will try to average about 280-290 up the climb and see what the group looks like on the descent. Hopefully I'll be in a decent group for the next lap, sitting in again about 210 watts, and again looking to push about 280 on the little climb. Repeat this until the final circuit and run in to the KoM. I'm I can rest for 5 mins in a group that will drag me to the start of the KoM, getting to the bottom about 45 mins in. On the climb, I'm hoping to get up in about 27-28 mins, pushing on average about 230 watts.

It's a plan .... let's see how I execute it :rofl:
Looks like a well thought out plan Carl , waiting to hear how it was executed💪

bobinski

Legendary Member
😄

I have a feeling some people may object

🤔

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Badly :B)

ZP is down so can't confirm time, but companion app has me at 1:10:53 so, if confirmed I'm pretty chuffed with that. @Del C caught me with about 3.7km of the climb left, and I was pretty dead by then but managed to dig in and finished without xx(

I may have gone a little too hard on the laps, setting 2 PBs out of 3 laps. I got to the base of the KoM 2 minutes ahead of plan (about 43 mins) and thought I'd blown it as I was struggling on the climb. But, I actually set my second best time on the KoM :okay: Probably could have paced better but if I was offered this time ahead of the ride I'd have taken it :wahhey:

Just need @peterob to update the league ^_^

Edit : ZwiftPower has me at 1:10:53 and @Del C at 1:10:12 :notworthy:

Last edited:
Badly :B)

ZP is down so can't confirm time, but companion app has me at 1:10:53 so, if confirmed I'm pretty chuffed with that. @Del C caught me with about 3.7km of the climb left, and I was pretty dead by then but managed to dig in and finished without xx(

I may have gone a little too hard on the laps, setting 2 PBs out of 3 laps. I got to the base of the KoM 2 minutes ahead of plan (about 43 mins) and thought I'd blown it as I was struggling on the climb. But, I actually set my second best time on the KoM :okay: Probably could have paced better but if I was offered this time ahead of the ride I'd have taken it :wahhey:

Just need @peterob to update the league ^_^

Edit : ZwiftPower has me at 1:10:53 and @Del C at 1:10:12 :notworthy:
Good effort @Whorty pulling away already :boxing:

Del C

Veteran
I think I may have executed @Whorty 's plan the way he meant to do it!

1.10.12 for me please @peterob

I couldn't see Carl at the start, but the companion app said he was close by, as we were showing the same distance and I guessed he was in one of the groups just ahead of me.

I rode precisely to Carl's plan on the 3 laps around Innsbruck. I was sitting around 318th out of 971, keeping nicely inside a bunch at around 220W, making sure I had plenty left for the final climb. On the sharp climb (Hugel?) I just rode to hold position. No attacking, just defensively keeping my place and making sure I could kick down the descent.

After the final time up the climb I'd moved up to around 300th and all felt good. Got to the bottom of the final climb and a virtual @Whorty was waiting for me with a jiffy bag and a giant hypodermic needle. I understood his plan and thanked his virtual self! :laugh:

Got a message from Carl saying he was around 224th. I'd moved up to around 275 at this time. Got into a really nice rhythm on the climb and started passing riders until l caught Carl around half way up. We rode together for a while but then Carl started to drop a little. I just tapped out the same pace and ended quite strongly and finished in 237th place.

Felt comfortable and good and felt I'd paced it as well as I could.

Just got to get Carl to follow his own plan now!

Last edited:

Whorty

Good effort @Whorty pulling away already :boxing:
Cheers :okay:

Surprised myself, but .... again .... had some good groups to hang on to during the laps. I probably worked harder than I planned, but they dragged me along at a decent pace. I think it comes down to a bit of luck sometimes on these big rides, on whether there are a good number of riders of a similar ability to form a group.

Today is day 1 of trying to get the 14 day Zwift badge, so I may fatigue as the fortnight goes on :wacko: Still plenty stages left to drag me back and put me in my place like Del did tonight :B)

Del C

Veteran
I've done it - @peterob can you get my time from ZP? I have no idea what it was cos I was delirious.

Slower than last time and only 3 trainer signal drop outs this ride. Anyone else get them on TdZ? It only happens for me on these stages. Odd.

When's the flat stages lads? :laugh:
Zwiftpower says your time was 1.51.41

You can find it if you go to Team, then click on Results and then click on All.

Whorty

I think I may have executed @Whorty 's plan the way he meant to do it!

1.10.12 for m please @peterob

I couldn't see Carl at the start, but the companion app said he was close by, as we were showing the same distance and I guessed he was in one of the groups just ahead of me.

I rode precisely to Carl's plan on the 3 laps around Innsbruck. I was sitting around 318th out of 971, keeping nicely inside a bunch at around 220W, making sure I had plenty left for the final climb. On the sharp climb (Hugel?) I just rode to hold position. No attacking, just defensively keeping my place and making sure I could kick down the descent.

After the final time up the climb I'd moved up to around 300th and all felt good. Got to the bottom of the final climb and a virtual @Whorty was waiting for me with a jiffy bag and a giant hypodermic needle. I understood his plan and thanked his virtual self! :laugh:

Got a message from Carl saying he was around 224th. I'd moved up to around 275 at this time. Got into a really nice rhythm on the climb and started passing riders until l caught Carl around half way up. We rode together for a while but then Carl started to drop a little. I just tapped out the same pace and ended quite strongly and finished in 237th place.

Felt comfortable and good and felt I'd paced it as well as I could.

Just got to get Carl to follow his own plan now!
:wahhey: I'm glad someone can execute my plan :rofl:

On the laps I was in a group at position 205 to probably 230. Out of 1200 riders I knew this felt too far up the field and I'd pay for it on the climb but it was too late by then and I just had to carry on. In ZP I set my best 20 min power (236 watts / 3.2 w/kg) 1 min at 301 watts (I think this was first time up the little climb).

I couldn't see where you was but when you said you was climbing, and only 50 places behind me, I guessed you was in the big group chasing me down. I ended that climb in 280th I think, so lost 60 places. I was waiting for you to catch me and there was nothing I could do to stay with you. The best I could do at that point was just keep the pedals turning over.The 10% sections were killers!

Whorty

I honestly think he should be promoted this week ^_^
:cry:

Because the rides are over an hour, I'm not actually hitting B cat numbers. I'm still only at 3.0 w/kg (my 95% of 20 mins today was only 3.03 w/kg). If these races were shorter, say 30-40 mins, I think I'd be pushing into B numbers so I'm 'lucky' these are long, painful races :laugh: I'm hoping to get into B cat numbers by this Summer, ready for ToC :thumbsup:

Top Bottom