Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Got to the bottom of the final climb and a virtual @Whorty was waiting for me with a jiffy bag and a giant hypodermic needle. I understood his plan and thanked his virtual self! :laugh:
Jiffy bag? There was no jiffy bag .... and if there was, I don't know what was in it :ph34r: Honest :angel:

:cry:

Because the rides are over an hour, I'm not actually hitting B cat numbers. I'm still only at 3.0 w/kg (my 95% of 20 mins today was only 3.03 w/kg). If these races were shorter, say 30-40 mins, I think I'd be pushing into B numbers so I'm 'lucky' these are long, painful races :laugh: I'm hoping to get into B cat numbers by this Summer, ready for ToC :thumbsup:
What event you doing on TOC?

Whorty

What event you doing on TOC?
The Grand Fondo 100 miler. We have a carer arranged for the wife, so assuming all goes well with that I'll be driving to the event again in the morning ready for the ride. This year I'll not be on the Single Speed, will be on my new Spesh Roubaix Expert instead :wahhey: Really looking forward to it. You doing it again this year?

The Grand Fondo 100 miler. We have a carer arranged for the wife, so assuming all goes well with that I'll be driving to the event again in the morning ready for the ride. This year I'll not be on the Single Speed, will be on my new Spesh Roubaix Expert instead :wahhey: Really looking forward to it. You doing it again this year?
Yer I will if a few of you guys will be there. Be good to see if you all actually exist as why wife thinks I’m kind of strange riding with my “imaginary friends” as she calls it. :laugh:

Del C

Veteran
:wahhey: I'm glad someone can execute my plan :rofl:

On the laps I was in a group at position 205 to probably 230. Out of 1200 riders I knew this felt too far up the field and I'd pay for it on the climb but it was too late by then and I just had to carry on. In ZP I set my best 20 min power (236 watts / 3.2 w/kg) 1 min at 301 watts (I think this was first time up the little climb).

I couldn't see where you was but when you said you was climbing, and only 50 places behind me, I guessed you was in the big group chasing me down. I ended that climb in 280th I think, so lost 60 places. I was waiting for you to catch me and there was nothing I could do to stay with you. The best I could do at that point was just keep the pedals turning over.The 10% sections were killers!
Yeah that was quite interesting looking at your power numbers. All your numbers for interval times from 15s to 20m are actually higher than mine, but your overall power is lower, which I think confirms your thought that you took too much out of yourself, sticking with the faster groups early on.

I've done the same thing myself and paid for it towards the end. It is hard to back off when you're in a group. There's always a fear of being dropped and then sliding back a long way. I'm sure you passed me recently in the same way in a race, where I started strongly and got into a fast group and then blew up towards the end. So it was interesting today for me that holding back a bit made a big difference for me on the final climb.

Whorty

Yer I will if a few of you guys will be there. Be good to see if you all actually exist as why wife thinks I’m kind of strange riding with my “imaginary friends” as she calls it. :laugh:
I think there are a few doing it again the same as last year .... I could be wrong but I think @<Tommy> , @bridgy , @peterob , @Norry1 , @CXRAndy , @berty bassett Anyone else?

Top Bottom