Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
46.06 for stage 4 @peterob please
Not very nice with no where to hide ☹
That's a really good time considering the smaller number of riders in the re-run - I bet you flew up those climbs though!

Milzy

Guru
Have you try to adjust b-tension screw a bit?. That might help a bit before you need to change the chain or a cassette.
I lowered the jockeys with the B screw by quite a long way. It has cured the problem. I don't understand how it came to this, never had that happen before. How queer.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
@Whorty @peterob - I just completed stage three in... 1h 22m 23s so unless there’s a real twist in Cat C you’re a worthy winner of the league.

Congratulations on a great performance all through the tour :bravo::cheers:
Difficult stage for you to do as a catch up with less riders around. Well done for giving it a go :okay: Don't see your time yet on ZP ... it really is struggling to process the data for all these rides :tongue:

Suppose I'll have a target on my back for the next league 🎯

Last edited:

JuhaL

Guru
I lowered the jockeys with the B screw by quite a long way. It has cured the problem. I don't understand how it came to this, never had that happen before. How queer.
Over time indoor training can cause problems for drivetrain, noticed that in short period of time. I check regularly derailleur hanger as well, it might bend or screws get loose and cause poor shifting, especially it's a risk if you ride often out of the saddle. I have need to align hanger few times. I have also noticed that i use indoor more torque and bigger gears than outdoors, which cause faster stretching of chain.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Difficult stage for you to do as a catch up with less riders around. Well done for giving it a go :okay: Don't see your time yet on ZP ... it really is struggling to process the data for all these rides :tongue:

There were 111 participants apparently. I think I finished 23rd according to Zwift.

Can I request one of your graphic comparisons of our efforts? I suspect I might have been faster than you on the first 50% of the stage and then slower on the second 50%

I tried to take it relatively easy on the way to the big climb at the start and hit that hard but try and descend with a group. Managed that really well with a big group of approx 20 on the flat upto the climb then a group of 4 for the descent. Unfortunately I lost my group on the second smaller climb and then found the last 25% of the ride very lonely on the flat.

Got my tactics wrong basically!

Last edited:

JuhaL

Guru

I think these catch up days are compromised for the first rides. There is less help of pace but on the other hand less of sticky draft as well. I think moderate or amateur rider like me can't loose much time with these catch up days if i do re-run.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Mainland Spain or the Islands?
Mainland 30 minutes south of Alicante ^_^

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
There were 111 participants apparently. I think I finished 23rd according to Zwift.

Can I request one of your graphic comparisons of our efforts? I suspect I might have been faster than you on the first 50% of the stage and then slower on the second 50%

I tried to take it relatively easy on the way to the big climb at the start and hit that hard but try and descend with a group. Managed that really well with a big group of approx 20 on the flat upto the climb then a group of 4 for the descent. Unfortunately I lost my group on the second smaller climb and then found the last 25% of the ride very lonely on the flat.

Got my tactics wrong basically!
I can't do the comparison as your Strava rides are locked - I can only see stage 6 ride, nothing else.

I can see your ride on ZP now ... impressive 5 min and 20 min w/kg numbers but overall your w/kg for the whole ride was low. Looks like you may have gone too hard at one point? If you open the Strava ride to public I'll pull up the graph :okay:

JuhaL

Guru
How are we all signing up for the TdZ catch-up rides? It won't let me do it on the companion app...
have you try can you sign up any other event or have you try only one?. Something like that happened to me last week when i try to sign up to S6.

BurningLegs

Veteran
I can't do the comparison as your Strava rides are locked - I can only see stage 6 ride, nothing else.

I can see your ride on ZP now ... impressive 5 min and 20 min w/kg numbers but overall your w/kg for the whole ride was low. Looks like you may have gone too hard at one point? If you open the Strava ride to public I'll pull up the graph :okay:
That’s odd - my default is private but I switched this ride to “everyone” in the app yesterday: https://strava.app.link/IPLsGc5eZ3

You’re right - had a good start up and over the first climb but blew up on the flat after the second climb. Was only pushing 2.0-2.5 on the last 10km of flat!

Top Bottom