Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Flippin cheek! All that effort and Zwift posts a picture of me below the target power because it's 1 second into the interval and the trainer hasn't caught up yet :wacko:

I completed the first 2 sets of intervals of 10 at 100%. After the first interval in block 3 I had to knock it down to 250 watts. But still, 21 minutes at 270 watts, and 9 mins at 250 watts is not too shabby for a lightweight (as in power, not actual weight :laugh:)
1582222991629.png

JuhaL

Guru
Flippin cheek! All that effort and Zwift posts a picture of me below the target power because it's 1 second into the interval and the trainer hasn't caught up yet :wacko:
View attachment 505412
I have noticed too that saying picture speaks more than 1000 words doesn't match on Zwift.

edit. what i meant was i have noticed that Zwift takes screenshots many times at a wrong moment. Something like when speed is low and bpm are high on a flat or something like that etc...

Last edited:

kipster

Guru
Looks like Steven Kruijswijk did an easy training ride today, Strava estimated power shows mostly z1 and 50 minutes at z2.

Yes I know Strava estimated power isn't great.

Z2 rides on the turbo are dull for me, a steady ride with some intervals work for me, can't do Z2 outside as I'll get dropped, unless I'm drafting on a flatish section.

I'm more concerned about my ever reducing consumption of drink on rides. I was down to 450ml on the last irl ride of 55 ish miles. :wacko:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Looks like Steven Kruijswijk did an easy training ride today, Strava estimated power shows mostly z1 and 50 minutes at z2.
View attachment 505423

Yes I know Strava estimated power isn't great.

Z2 rides on the turbo are dull for me, a steady ride with some intervals work for me, can't do Z2 outside as I'll get dropped, unless I'm drafting on a flatish section.

I'm more concerned about my ever reducing consumption of drink on rides. I was down to 450ml on the last irl ride of 55 ish miles. :wacko:

Why is that kip, you just forget to drink? You get post ride headaches / dark pee?

bridgy

Legendary Member

I completed the first 2 sets of intervals of 10 at 100%. After the first interval in block 3 I had to knock it down to 250 watts. But still, 21 minutes at 270 watts, and 9 mins at 250 watts is not too shabby for a lightweight (as in power, not actual weight :laugh:)
View attachment 505412
Talking of flippin cheek, earlier I absolutely beasted myself doing a 35 minute run immediately followed by a 20km ride on Zwift - both trying pretty damn hard, and this is what I get from Strava :headshake:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Talking of flippin cheek, earlier I absolutely beasted myself doing a 35 minute run immediately followed by a 20km ride on Zwift - both trying pretty damn hard, and this is what I get from Strava :headshake:
View attachment 505428
Does @<Tommy> work for Strava in the 'relative effort' scoring team? :laugh:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
To be fair it’s not saying it was a bad effort. It’s saying it’s lower than your average effort. So it’s actually a complement.

And it’s not very often anyone around here has anything complementary to say about jogging. So I’d be grateful if I were you! 😄

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Photo Winner
I'm hoping that as it's cold out I'm not sweating so don't need it, just don't feel thirsty, no dry mouth etc.., no headaches or dark pee.
I would be the same at the moment...definitely not drinking much outdoors - 500ml in a three hour spin.

I think the z2 steady efforts are fine on a 3 hour plus ride and essential training if you’re aiming for long distance outdoor rides come summer. An hour z2 would possibly fall into the junk miles category for me, but then my aim would be those competitive 2 to 3 hour races.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Looking at Tuesday's race in Zwiftpower it looks like there are a few riders in the rankings with 4.1 Watt/kg in cat B. Shouldn't they be DQ ?
Lot's af B's able to stay right around the 4.0 mark for the duration of the races...not looking good for the races to come.

DQ or not depends on 95% of your 20 min. power.

I.e. if your 20 min. power is 4.2wkg, 95% of that is 3.99 wkg and thus still within B-cat limits.

Milzy

Guru
My sprint is sh1t so I either need to get into a lead group with only a few riders, or I need to get into the lead group with 1 or more of you guys and I try to disrupt the group over the last 3km to put pressure on other teams to try and kill their sprinters to give one of you guys a chance.

Because my sprint is so bad, I always start out about 1km from the finish, push as much power as I can and hope I can hold it for over a minute. I always get swallowed up by the finish by the faster sprinters, but I do manage to take a few scalps along the way :laugh:
I'm almost a pure climber so my Sprint is like a child's. :sad:

Top Bottom