Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JuhaL

Guru
I'm almost a pure climber so my Sprint is like a child's. :sad:
Thats how it usually goes, climbers are not very often good sprinters and good sprinters are rarely good climbers. If you are light weight climber you are obviously lost muscle cells but you can still practice sprints and improve that part to certain level.

Milzy

Guru
Checked out Dylan Johnson on youtube @bobinski ..... flip he's dull! He may know his stuff, but I struggled to get through whole videos. Anyway, re the FTP video he did confirm that the workouts I'm doing (the 2x20 mins @ FTP) is a standard workout to improve your FTP (I've also got workouts for 3x15 mins which he also said was a standard workout) :okay: Unfortunately he also re-iterated the need to mix hi-intensity with zone 2 rides so I'll need to learn to stick the trainer in zone 2 ERG mode and pootle and ignore the other riders coming past me :whistle:

My main caveat to this guy is, whilst he quotes a lot of science, if you look at the articles he refers too, most of the time it's the same piece of research from 2010 (there may be more but I only saw that one pop up in multiple videos). The sceptic in me thinks he has found a piece of research that matches his own view and he'll keep pushing that one out. I'd have been more convinced by his arguments if he had quoted a wider source of research (as he's trying to prove his arguments are based on science).

Anyway, thanks for linking to him, he had a bit of interesting stuff to say, but I think I'll go back to GCN and Chris Pritchard as they're more my style of 'info-tainment' :okay:

Now, do I do an FTP workout later, or a zone 2 ride? :laugh:
Thats how it usually goes, climbers are not very often good sprinters and good sprinters are rarely good climbers. If you are light weight climber you are obviously lost muscle cells but you can still practice sprints and improve that part to certain level.
It's a funny one, many say if you're a Rouiler/climber type of guy you may as well just keep recruiting slow twitch muscle fibres instead of fast ones. The pro peloton does have a few rare members who seem to be light weights with a decent Sprint though.

peterob

Veteran
The four-kilometer mark was run at 5-6 watts per second. It cost 12 riders, including Morten Valgren (DBR), Lennart Kruse and legendary cycling powerhouse, Peter Robinson (CycleChat).

I think my Google translate is off.

peterob

Veteran
Yes, on mine it said “old slow a$$ Peter Robinson”. Strange...
Hey - less of the 'old' :angry:

MichaelO

Veteran
Anyone know what the routes are for this weekend's Zwift Vatternrundan rides? Can't see anything on the events page or anywhere else!!

bridgy

Legendary Member
Anyone know what the routes are for this weekend's Zwift Vatternrundan rides? Can't see anything on the events page or anywhere else!!
Saturday is the London Pretzel, and Sunday is the Bambino Fondo course in Watopia. They're on the Companion app if you find the event on there.

I'm planning to do the Saturday one at least - probably at 9am

MichaelO

Veteran
Saturday is the London Pretzel, and Sunday is the Bambino Fondo course in Watopia. They're on the Companion app if you find the event on there.

I'm planning to do the Saturday one at least - probably at 9am
Thanks - I was looking on the website. Yes, can see them now on the app :okay:

Actually, there's multiple routes:
1 - London Triple Loops
2 - London Pretzel
3 - Watopia Dust in the Wind
4 - Watopia Big Loop
5 - Watopia Bambino Fondo
6 - London Pretzel
7 - Watopia Bambino Fondo
8 - London Pretzel
9 - Watopia Dust in the Wind
10 - London Triple Loops
11 - Watopia Big Loop
12 - London Pretzel

bridgy

Legendary Member
Thanks - I was looking on the website. Yes, can see them now on the app :okay:

Actually, there's multiple routes:
1 - London Triple Loops
2 - London Pretzel
3 - Watopia Dust in the Wind
4 - Watopia Big Loop
5 - Watopia Bambino Fondo
6 - London Pretzel
7 - Watopia Bambino Fondo
8 - London Pretzel
9 - Watopia Dust in the Wind
10 - London Triple Loops
11 - Watopia Big Loop
12 - London Pretzel
Oh yeah, sorry I only loked at the time I was interested in and assumed all would be on the same route each day

Top Bottom