Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Im going to have a couple of easy rides today/tomorrow.

If I feel ok. then I'll join you C's for a Danish bacon butty ride:okay:

PS. Don't expect a great deal from me as usual:laugh:
Easy ride for me too today - gonna tick off the remaining Yorkshire routes in a bit. Rest tomorrow and hopefully will feel OK for Tuesday. Be good to see you in the pen too Andy; being a flat course with your power you'll be at the front of the group doing a Stannard or Rowe :okay:

mjd1988

Guru
All done!

Green jersey, green long socks, green tron bike!

We'll look like a giant ball of snot!

Snot can move pretty fast though

bobinski

Legendary Member
B5924DD5-C0E3-46C4-B381-BC7634F79E34.jpeg

Well, you lot should have no difficulty finding each other 😁

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Blaming you for this one @Randyberlin.... 😁 You planted the seed about getting lighter shoes to drop weight. And also after making a strong argument for bike related purchases improving the world in generalould I not do it! (Think the missus will buy that excuses?... :secret:). I don’t think I’ll be getting a new bike this year so this is the least I can do right!

s works 7 road shoes:

(600g for the pair with shimano cleats)

s works exos road shoe:

(380g for the pair with look keo cleats)

The two shoes are the same in terms of fit. But the exos has been stripped back as much as possible to reduce the weight. Cannot wait to try them on the road!

I’ve been inspired by norry. And decided to give these to myself as a belated Valentine’s Day present :girl:

Blaming you for this one @Randyberlin.... 😁 You planted the seed about getting lighter shoes to drop weight. And also after making a strong argument for bike related purchases improving the world in generalould I not do it! (Think the missus will buy that excuses?... :secret:). I don’t think I’ll be getting a new bike this year so this is the least I can do right!

s works 7 road shoes:

View attachment 505730

s works exos road shoe:

View attachment 505731

The two shoes are the same in terms of fit. But the exos has been stripped back as much as possible to reduce the weight. Cannot wait to try them on the road!

I’ve been inspired by norry. And decided to give these to myself as a belated Valentine’s Day present :girl:
If you compare my Chrome Kursk Pros at 1020 grams or a little over 1 pound more than your sworks at 80 rpm cadence for just one hour you've saved over 2 tons.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200223-081150.png
    Screenshot_20200223-081150.png
    57.5 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
After a bit of chitchat, I thought I would try my sprinting legs. I can still peak 1200W, :biggrin:
Ive done more outdoors and on my previous setup which was more planted. Bike was bouncing like a Kangaroo! I set the dogs off barking:laugh:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200223-173254_Strava.jpg
    Screenshot_20200223-173254_Strava.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 2

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
If you compare my Chrome Kursk Pros at 1020 grams or a little over 1 pound more than your sworks at 80 rpm cadence for just one hour you've saved over 2 tons.

Now that’s my kind of thinking! Yet again you come through for me randy!

Drivetrain efficiency in general is quite an interesting one. Well above my pay grade! But I’ve seen tests comparing different drivetrain components and watts saved between ceramic and normal bearings. (Normally it’s nominal to be honest). But more and more you find the really lightweight components come with ceramic rather than Steele bearings.

I just picked up these new pedals. Claimed weight is 90g a pedal which is a fair bit lighter than my shimano ones. They’re look keo Blade carbon pedals with ceramic bearings and titanium spindles.

I’ll put them both on the scale some point later. (Claimed weight is 180g for the pair compared to my shimano dura ace at 250g or something from memory). I’ve not seen any tests comparing pedal bearings but it could make a marginal difference I guess. More importantly they seem to reset back to vertical when un clipped. Which look keo carbon pedals historically haven’t done, and it can be a real pain when clipping back in. Oh, and they’re around 70g lighter 😄

JuhaL

Guru

s works 7 road shoes:

View attachment 505730

s works exos road shoe:

View attachment 505731

Adam Hansen have or had his own cycling shoe brand, they were very ultimate shoes for the price and far as i remember for a weight as well. Probably not available anymore, well i didn't found website anymore where they are available.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
After a bit of chitchat, I thought I would try my sprinting legs. I can still peak 1200W, :biggrin:
Ive done more outdoors and on my previous setup which was more planted. Bike was bouncing like a Kangaroo! I set the dogs off barking:laugh:
Well, seems we have found our sprinter .... just need some tactics now to deliver you to the line :okay: I'm happy to play the role of domestique ... just got to get my ass into the lead group and not get dropped during the crazy start :wacko:

JuhaL

Guru
Well, seems we have found our sprinter .... just need some tactics now to deliver you to the line :okay: I'm happy to play the role of domestique ... just got to get my ass into the lead group and not get dropped during the crazy start :wacko:
It would be optimal situation when you race and you feel fatigue in your leg and despite for that you can still produced +1000w peak power in a final sprint. It would be worthy to train that for the future purposes.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
It's Yorkshire ..... Pancake flat :whistle:
Crazy power!
It would be optimal situation when you race and you feel fatigue in your leg and despite for that you can still produced +1000w peak power in a final sprint. It would be worthy to train that for the future purposes.

:okay::blush: Thanks chaps

I've just looked at my sprint, there was way too many revs to maintain@ 143rpm:wacko:, need to choose a couple of higher cogs

JuhaL

Guru
:okay::blush: Thanks chaps

I've just looked at my sprint, there was way too many revs to maintain@ 143rpm:wacko:, need to choose a couple of higher cogs
I have found many times when i try to produced peak power it's been a difficult task to select right gears for sprint. It need to done pretty quick, if it takes too much time to sprint you just lose energy too much. I think the sprint segments on Zwift are perfectly designed for length.

Top Bottom