Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
If the C Cat race is anything like the B's prepare for a very fast start with no let up for AGES!!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Quick Question - will Zwift look OK on a 640 x 480 projector. I may have found a very old un-used one at work "3M micro projector".

Currently Zwifting on 2 x 23" monitors (1 with Zwift, 1 with music/netflix).

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
It’s all about the points from best 3 rides in the team. If we can get 3 in the top 10:boxing:
I've not done this course before, but looking at Chris and Del's PBs, they're both sub 40 mins. Feels like it's going to be one for the power riders and not enough opportunities for a lighter rider like me to get any advantage. Going to be very fast; if you get dropped from the lead group, there will be no chance to get back on.

There are a couple of B riders already signed up to ZP, so probably a few more signed up who are not on ZP. They will probably go off fast and the stronger riders will get dragged along with them. :stop:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Loads of riders with 300+Watts for 20 mins :ohmy:
I saw that too :eek: I can hold that for a minute, after that I have to hope the dreaded sticky draft helps me for once, rather than hinders me :laugh:

JhnBssll

Veteran

Brusgaard

Über Guru
My projector is 640x480 and looks ok. For me, frame rate and brightness are more important than resolution. If I were to replace the projector I'd upgrade but until this one starts to play up I'm happy with the image :okay:

640x480 on a micro projetor which requires a completely dark room due to it‘s very low lumen? It might look OK, but my eyes/head would hurt before I even finished a race. How is Zwift in that 80’s/early 90’s resolution? I would never go below 1024x768, and I don’t even think Win10 supports that 640x480 resolution.

JhnBssll

Veteran
640x480 on a micro projetor which requires a completely dark room due to it‘s very low lumen? It might look OK, but my eyes/head would hurt before I even finished a race. How is Zwift in that 80’s/early 90’s resolution? I would never go below 1024x768, and I don’t even think Win10 supports that 640x480 resolution.

Mine isn't a micro projector, it's a decent Benq DLP projector. I just checked its spec and actually its 800x600 so slightly higher res. Perfectly adequate for my needs :okay:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Mine isn't a micro projector, it's a decent Benq DLP projector. I just checked its spec and actually its 800x600 so slightly higher res. Perfectly adequate for my needs :okay:
I was referring to the projetor OP was asking about.

Yes, 800x600 is OK. I did sell quite a lot of those in the late 90’s/early 00’s, when 800x600 was still an OK desktop/Powerpoint resolution (also OK for video back then as PAL is 720x576) and the 1024x768 projectors were quite a bit more expensive . Yours is probably at least 1000 ANSI lumen too. Those micro things are often less than 100, thus useless with any daylight.

Last edited:
Top Bottom