Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Del C

Veteran
Welcome to B-cat. I was quite surprised to suddenly see your name pop up in the group towards the end. But despite scrolling up and down the results after the finish, I couldn’t find you - well not until 1 lap’s time later... Guess you had a mechanical?
No.

Just a lousy start I'm afraid.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Nah. I was in the top 20, and I can hope for a few dqs and such but no chance of 3rd!
ZP all over the shop then! Probably be tomorrow morning before it's updated fully :wacko:

Still, amazing to even stick with that group - strong riding as there were B's in there pulling that group forward!

Whorty

far to fast that start for me, I don’t think it helps knowing that there was B riders in the group , I saw a few messages mentioning the watts that where been put out by the lead group and questioning if they were c cat riders, , I got pb for my lap by about 20 seconds so happy ,

I don’t know if peeps know but I learnt on the cool down ride that if you click on the white circle around your arrow on the map on the companion app it will give mass ride ons to all those riders around you😀

Well Done Guys good race and results for Michael and Carl
I saw that message - at the time I was having to push 5 w/kg to hang on to that group. Hence why I popped eventually :laugh:

Whorty

That was just insane.

I got dropped on the ramp after the start pens and was 5 seconds behind the group when it turned on to the bridge leading to the volcano circuit and my race was over as quick as that.

I momentarily thought of abandoning but then thought I'd ride and finish to pick up a point for the team, but effectively I did a 34km time trial. In some ways I'm pleased because I dug in and gave it everything, but with no draft and no one around me it was physical and mental torture.

I did actually catch and pass 1 guy and I moved up 2 more places. I don't whether they dropped out or not. I got caught on my 6th lap by the group with Paul, Steen and Lars in it and then I rode the whole lap with them without getting dropped before having to ride the last lap alone, where I nearly caught the guy in front of me. That said to me that I could hold the B level pace........... if I didn't have a C/D level start.

The silly thing is that I know how much effort I put in tonight and how that compared to my previous 5 races in C. I'm certain had I been racing in C tonight I'd have been in the front group.

Oh well. As somebody said, you get better by racing against harder opposition, so onwards and upwards. But there's a big temptation to sign up for C next week and take the DQ. Especially with the Crit Course. That really would be a lonely ride!
Same as me in week 1 when I joined the B race - I was dropped after 300 mtrs. The B starts are crazy.

Whorty

I'm now on 8th which feels more realistic (as they have given me a few sprint points)
Carl 22nd, Chris 34 but I definitely see some more likely dqs (that kid with the a numbers finished in the front pack
The guys who are winning these races, pushing out monster 300+ watts for the race duration, just blow me apart. Even though we are pushing similar w/kg, these massive watts are impossible for lighter riders to cope with (me anyway!). Only 1 rider in the top 20 is lighter than me :wacko: We need some hilly stages :laugh: Sort out these fatties :boxing:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Decent results chaps :okay:

I was trying to stay up near the front till the sprint, but was literally gasping for air, I popped trying to get up near the front for the sprint. I quickly looked at my HR stats 80% of the first 11 mins were anaerobic level, just unsustainable. Legs worked, just HR and lungs are well out of tune. More riding I reckon.

I recorded the my ride, If anyone is interested. I'll load up to YouTube?

The guys who are winning these races, pushing out monster 300+ watts for the race duration, just blow me apart. Even though we are pushing similar w/kg, these massive watts are impossible for lighter riders to cope with (me anyway!). Only 1 rider in the top 20 is lighter than me :wacko: We need some hilly stages :laugh: Sort out these fatties :boxing:
I’m still sulking about my mechanical. That seemed to be the perfect course for me. Got my self to the front of the pack for the little climb, mid pack at the top and creep up towards the front again. Thought I had it sussed.

LBHIFI

Veteran
Yeah, 322 Watt for C and 354 Watt for B for the entire race :blink:.
Still a bunch of riders exceeding 20 min. watt/kg limits, so we should gain a few places.

Whorty

I’m still sulking about my mechanical. That seemed to be the perfect course for me. Got my self to the front of the pack for the little climb, mid pack at the top and creep up towards the front again. Thought I had it sussed.
Next week will suit you too, the Crit. Again, the massive power numbers will take me out of the equation, all I can look to do is hold on for as long as possible and join the second group as it forms.

peterob

Veteran
Damn right leg gave me trouble again from km 15. Glad the pace dropped when we got caught by the group behind.
Nice to see Cc'ers besidde me:hello:. Wonder what happened to Pete.
Pete unfortunately had Zwift issues......I had gone into my settings with a few mins to go to check my resistance level and Zwift stopped responding. I frantically had to kill and restart it but when I had come back into Watopia I had missed the start by about 20 secs and couldn't join the event :sad:

I was gutted as I reckon that course would have suited me. I joined a British Cycling race on the same course that started about 10 mins after. As it happens I don't think I would have been any great shakes on the Feltek race as I didn't have a great start and was in 200th out of 500 when things settled down. I did pick up places as the race went on and finished 135th on the road (29th of 78 B's in ZP).

Well done to those who did mange to race sounds like there were some good performances again. I'll update the CC table shortly.

Whorty

I was trying to stay up near the front till the sprint, but was literally gasping for air, I popped trying to get up near the front for the sprint. I quickly looked at my HR stats 80% of the first 11 mins were anaerobic level, just unsustainable. Legs worked, just HR and lungs are well out of tune. More riding I reckon.
Same here, I was in the red and stayed there until the second group formed for the first 10 mins or so. When I popped, 4 or 5 others went at the same time so we all had a breather before starting again. We did pick up others during the rest of the ride, and out of the group of about 10 I finished with, I pipped them all on the line, which is a first. Probably helped the last 500 metres or so was all up hill :tongue:

Top Bottom