Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have questioned this on the comments section of the race

This was the answer I received

There is a 0.2 w/kg grace if you sign up for the proper category before the race. They are all under 3.4 w/kg for 95% of 20 min and were C's before the race.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8065

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
And as others have said, racing in a team and seeing all the green jerseys and ginger dreadlocks around you has been great.
Really missed riding with you on Tuesday ... I feel I lost a little bromance with you gone :hugs: :biggrin:

I've been lucky in every stage to have one of you guys near me on the road .... sometimes in the same group, sometimes the one ahead or the one behind, but always nice seeing your names pop up and knowing I'm not just racing those around me, but i'm also part of a team and trying to do the right thing for the team.

Going up to B I know will change this, I need to work hard to get there and try to move on my racing :training:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Really missed riding with you on Tuesday ... I feel I lost a little bromance with you gone :hugs: :biggrin:

I've been lucky in every stage to have one of you guys near me on the road .... sometimes in the same group, sometimes the one ahead or the one behind, but always nice seeing your names pop up and knowing I'm not just racing those around me, but i'm also part of a team and trying to do the right thing for the team.

Going up to B I know will change this, I need to work hard to get there and try to move on my racing :training:

Come on @Whorty you can do it. Just get into B and stop messing around 😊:okay:

Whorty

Come on @Whorty you can do it. Just get into B and stop messing around 😊:okay:
I'm trying so hard, but just don't seem to be able to get over the limit. I think it's the flat courses, I need a 30 minute climb to push me over to B limit :okay: Saying that though, I'll be going full out again Tuesday to see if I can finally get myself up to B :training:

mjd1988

Guru
https://zwift.com/events/series/royal-classics-workout-series/

Screenshot_20200327-101325.png

These two should get you into B Carl!

BurningLegs

Veteran
I'm regretting my decision to sit out this race series now! It looks like it has been a great series with a fantastic atmosphere.

I have been on a training plan, targeting an event in May which has now been cancelled. In hindsight, I should have taken part in this Danish league.

When my event was cancelled I lost motivation and didn't ride for a week but I'm back riding again now - trying to do one outdoor ride per week and a couple of Zwift rides, so looking to get back into the racing scene when possible.

Any plans for an April league? Would there be any benefit to the CycleChat team in me riding the crit race next week (and is that the last stage)?

Last edited:

steverob

Guru
You have to join the race to spectate it. Christian (the writer) joins the B-race, but never rides it, so probably spectating/recording. The A-race is live streamed. Must be some third guy recording the C-race. Having a fourth and fifth guy doing it for D and E too may be a bit too much, as there is usually less than 15 riders across those.
I could try recording the D race as I’ve got a pretty good PC spec. But it would rely on me keeping up with the lead group for the entire race otherwise it wouldn’t be much use to those trying to figure out who won!

Whorty

I'm regretting my decision to sit out this race series now! It looks like it has been a great series with a fantastic atmosphere.

I have been on a training plan, targeting an event in May which has now been cancelled. In hindsight, I should have taken part in this Danish league.

When my event was cancelled I lost motivation and didn't ride for a week but I'm back riding again now - trying to do one outdoor ride per week and a couple of Zwift rides, so looking to get back into the racing scene when possible.

Any plans for an April league? Would there be any benefit to the CycleChat team in me riding the crit race next week (and is that the last stage)?
Def worth joining us in C. Top 3 riders in each team score for the league so if you are in our top 3, you will add points. But, even if not, it's a good race and I think you'll enjoy it. Be great to see you on the start line :okay:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I could try recording the D race as I’ve got a pretty good PC spec. But it would rely on me keeping up with the lead group for the entire race otherwise it wouldn’t be much use to those trying to figure out who won!

Its interesting for your own interest, to see what you might do differently next time.

Press 'Windows' key and the letter 'G' up pops the record features. Move the panels to places that don't interfere with the Zwift screen. They aren't recorded when playing back

Norry1

Legendary Member
The next Feltek race is on the Downtown Dolphin course. I thought it might be useful to put up the recording I did of when @peterob and I raced this course recently. Unfortunately it only has the first 1.9 miles as I seem to have accidentally stopped it then. It is enough to see the layout under race conditions.

The race starts about 2 minutes into the vid.
The race pens let you out at, but just after, the finish arch.
After about 1 minute, get ready for the only real incline. When you see blue flags on the building to your left, you are 2 turns or 11 seconds from the climb. The climb is timed and is a Prime. It lasts about 18 seconds and takes you to the arch.
The rest of the lap is largely flat. The Zwiftinsider description is here: https://zwiftinsider.com/downtown-dolphin/

So basically - flat out from the pens, then high threshold for 28 minutes with 13 x 20 second VO2 Max efforts and a final sprint :smile:

View: https://youtu.be/fd6S1rVSXGs

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Yes, them pre/post race articles and the league add another dimension to the racing. Almost makes us feel like being part of a Pro race. 😜

Some here like the meet-ups instead and don’t want to do these league races against other people outside CC. Each to their own, I guess...

I’m not sure that’s true is it? Pretty much everyone here does other races and tours other than just the meet ups. Maybe I’m wrong.

Personally I just didn’t feel like it at the time so I wouldn’t over think it if I were you.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
I’m not sure that’s true is it? Pretty much everyone here does other races and tours other than just the meet ups. Maybe I’m wrong.

Personally I just didn’t feel like it at the time so I wouldn’t over think it if I were you.

I don't know, neither you or @berty bassett (and a few others) did this league, where as you did the meet-ups on Tuesdays.

Doing other races about the same time as these races must be a sign that you lot didn't want to join in on this league and help the team, right?

Imagine Froome, Bernal, G. etc. saying to their lower ranked Ineos teammates "Nah, we don't wanna do the Tour de France. You just go ahead and do it, and then we'll do some other random races those 3 weeks." :smile:

Maybe I'm overthinking it... :smile:

Brusgaard

Über Guru

Yes, they do ask for videos of the B->D races. But of course they are mostly interested in the top 20 riders. Lucky for you, only a few riders are in the D-cat, so basically everyone is a top 20 rider. ^_^

Top Bottom