Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
im doing ZHR handicap in 30 mins

mjd1988

Guru
Feckin annoying. Got kicked out - everyone vanished!

Ah no! You were looking really strong. Sorry I went for a sprint you were going for - I was marking Jan bladt as he won the last series so I basically just wanted to beat him

@BurningLegs and myself stayed with front group (may have been some fliers ahead, not totally sure) Some mega cat and mouse games.

Now to throw up

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Ah no! You were looking really strong. Sorry I went for a sprint you were going for - I was marking Jan bladt as he won the last series so I basically just wanted to beat him

@BurningLegs and myself stayed with front group (may have been some fliers ahead, not totally sure) Some mega cat and mouse games.

Now to throw up
I wasn't going for the sprint, I was hoping I could pull you to the line and catch that guy in front :okay: Same for the KoM ... i gave it my all to try and stretch the field out and drop as many as possible. We managed to isolate Bladt ... I was looking forward to the 2nd lap as I was hoping we could put some pressure on him .... then you all vanished :banghead:

Oh well .... how did you 2 do?

Whorty

That’s really unfortunate, your pace was excellent and you looked strong!
I was in the red over the top of the KoM and struggling to hang on during the lumps back down to the desert, but once we were back on the flats I'd recovered a bit. It was great having all 3 of us in that lead group ... seeing team mates keeps the little legs spinning :laugh:

Joffey

Big Dosser
I'll try and give it the big one at the start then and see if I can get in the mix for the sprint, might be a case of survival after that. Not sure I'll get any KOM points but if I'm still up there I'll have a go. I presume what will happen is I'll be knackered after the first 5 miles and be looking for a group to grab on to to pull me round :laugh:

We can but try and see how we do. At least I'm in the right kit now.

Well set off like a trooper and got in the lead group. Slightly mistimed my sprint and came 2nd (hopefully he isn't on Zwift Power lol) then kept with them until the KOM where I lost about 15 places and saw @Marino.g fly past me with his luscious ginger dreadlocks.

After that I got stuck in no-mans land with another guy and we rode in together after I wheel sucked him for nearly a lap :laugh:

27th on the road, must have some sprint points and 7th on Zwift Power. Really tough races but really enjoyed it.

I hope them sprint points count for something... :becool:

EDIT - Can someone who knows ZP better than me check if I came first in the Sprint - I think I did but not sure...

Last edited:

Whorty

Well set off like a trooper and got in the lead group. Slightly mistimed my sprint and came 2nd (hopefully he isn't on Zwift Power lol) then kept with them until the KOM where I lost about 15 places and saw @Marino.g fly past me with his luscious ginger dreadlocks.

After that I got stuck in no-mans land with another guy and we rode in together after I wheel sucked him for nearly a lap :laugh:

27th on the road, must have some sprint points and 7th on Zwift Power. Really tough races but really enjoyed it.

I hope them sprint points count for something... :becool:

EDIT - Can someone who knows ZP better than me check if I came first in the Sprint - I think I did but not sure...
Looks like you're 2nd in the first sprint :wahhey:

@Marino.g scored big on sprints and 4th overall :okay:

Whorty

Now to throw up
Just noticed that Bladt was kicked out for not having a HRM ^_^

Alongo

Guru
I was expecting a fast start , and it was , managed to stay in mid pack and was going quite well but my heart rate seemed a little bit higher than usual so had to keep an eye on it as I was hovering round 95/96 % of max, and i can’t function in that area for long without blowing up.

Went over the KOM ok, but found the roller coaster bit after it really demanding with all the surges, got dropped from my group on the return roller coaster part. A Swiss guy caught me up and I managed to let him pull me up the climb , I dropped him on the descent and final flat on return , think I came in 41 on ZP.

Well done everyone who rode tonight , a good racing course but demanding .

Top Bottom