Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru

Easy :laugh:

mjd1988

Guru
Well here's a thing! Well 2 things actually!!

We were talking about something to do with GCN a week or so ago, and I told you that Oliver Bridgewood of GCN used to be a member of my club, Addiscombe Cycling Club.

Firstly, he's joining our Virtual Time Trial on Zwift tonight!

And secondly, I'm the only person he's following on Zwift!! :tongue:

So if you all want to say 'Woohoo" then you can start now! :laugh:

He comes across as a really nice guy

Marino.g

Veteran
Honestly?

Its quick as the fastest, but you lose the drafting signal where the rider sits up. The tron bike you're always tucked down
Yes honestly I earned it last night but hate to think how long it took me in months and years even :laugh: .
Should I use it for all rides or is there any negatives other than the drafting?

mjd1988

Guru
Yes honestly I earned it last night but hate to think how long it took me in months and years even :laugh: .
Should I use it for all rides or is there any negatives other than the drafting?

Unless you have the disk wheel 808s it is still the fastest on flat courses. It's not terrible on hilly courses but up the alpe you'd definitely be changing

JuhaL

Guru
It take some time for me as well to get Tron bike. I did my first Zwift ride end of 2015 and i think it was last year when i finally had it. Not much use it with my rides.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Well here's a thing! Well 2 things actually!!

We were talking about something to do with GCN a week or so ago, and I told you that Oliver Bridgewood of GCN used to be a member of my club, Addiscombe Cycling Club.

Firstly, he's joining our Virtual Time Trial on Zwift tonight!

And secondly, I'm the only person he's following on Zwift!! :tongue:

So if you all want to say 'Woohoo" then you can start now! :laugh:
That's another place in the race rankings you've lost :tongue:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

Grats mario!

I still remember feeling very chuffed when I finally climbed the alpe for the last time before getting the bike. I use it most the time. I prefer not bobbing up and down when going in and out of the draft though so maybe it suits me. I think the trouble with the head up and down feature is that because of the lag you’re never 100% sure you’re in the perfectdraft spot anyway. At least with the tron I don’t think about it. Plus it looks cool and it’s as fast as any other bike so it’s a no brained to me.

BurningLegs

Veteran
https://zwiftinsider.com/anti-sandbagging-plans/

Controls for sandbagging starting to be introduced to Zwift (code already in the current release, but will be rolled out to specific events to begin with and then scaled up).

Zwift will warn you when you are attempting to join a category for which your 1min and 5min power are too high (but will still let you join). If you break an unpublished limit for the 1min and 5min power intervals during a race your pace will be limited and a logo will be applied to your character to indicate that your pace has been limited.

If event organisers get the option to turn on the "prevent sandbagging" feature so people with 1min and 5min power numbers higher than the category they're entering then it will solve most of the problems.

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
https://zwiftinsider.com/anti-sandbagging-plans/

Controls for sandbagging starting to be introduced to Zwift (code already in the current release, but will be rolled out to specific events to begin with and then scaled up).

Zwift will warn you when you are attempting to join a category for which your 1min and 5min power are too high (but will still let you join). If you break an unpublished limit for the 1min and 5min power intervals during a race your pace will be limited and a logo will be applied to your character to indicate that your pace has been limited.

If event organisers get the option to turn on the "prevent sandbagging" feature so people with 1min and 5min power numbers higher than the category they're entering then it will solve most of the problems.
Good news
Just listening to Zwiftcast about this

Top Bottom