Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Del C

Veteran
Del you’ve put a lot of thought into it. I’m happy to go with the flow but given the chances of human error, people entering the wrong time...deleting someone else’s time...etc Im siding to go with Tommys suggestion.

let’s just agree Race night is 10 Jul at 7pm As planned
What ever race is on we race it...that way we get some variety in the courses. if there are 2 or 3 races at the same time then we can do a random draw
everyone on TT bikes
The start set off could have a start delay to let the real racers go like the wtrl ttt event
Ok so we don’t have the handicaps but we can Have and overall winner and also a Race against those In the same Zwiftpower category.
Yes I put in a lot of work, but that doesn’t mean I put forward the best option. Maybe I just put in the wrong type of work?

I’ve got a lot going on in my life right now, so I’m going to step back and take a bit more time for other stuff I need to attend to.

I’ll join in whatever we agree on but I’ll leave it to others to decide

Joffey

Big Dosser

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=hv9hIfgmKbA

Promo for the Monday race!

@IrishAl looking at the standings, in b cat you are third going into last race but have only done 4/5 races (unlike the 2 above you) so still very much in contention for the series?

Anyone racing in D tomorrow?

bobinski

Legendary Member
Yes I put in a lot of work, but that doesn’t mean I put forward the best option. Maybe I just put in the wrong type of work?

I’ve got a lot going on in my life right now, so I’m going to step back and take a bit more time for other stuff I need to attend to.

I’ll join in whatever we agree on but I’ll leave it to others to decide

Del, fwiw I think joining a race will be easier. I appreciate the effort you have put into finding a different way. I am just waiting for one of us to bollux up the race option to 😁

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I do normally listen to music on headphones anyway when I ride, so today was no different. Sometimes it’s just a random selection from my iPhone library, other times I will pick a particular playlist - this afternoon it was the music of Frank Turner.

The exception is our CC TTT events and some of the DBR leagues, but that’s just because I can’t have Discord and music playing the same time on my phone.
I'm a big fan of Frank Turner :okay:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I'm happy to go with this option.

Its not about me, its what the majority want to do.

The problem is with zwift and not us I think Del. It’s a shame that they can’t just give us the private race option we want but I think they obviously have a different agenda. I think like you said the problem is that the race time might be slightly different each week, depending on what races are available.
Also am I right in thinking you don’t want to be involved in the admin while your busy with other stuff? It might be that no one else has time either. I’m pretty busy at the moment or I’d try and relieve some of the strain on you. I think I could set handicaps as that would probably take a few minutes one evening. But I cant guarantee I’ll be around on a daily basis to corral people and I’m no good with spreadsheets!

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Just an idea for our TT endeavours - BRT run their TT League every Wednesday evening so the routes are known in advance - see lower half of the photo. I think the start time is 7.35pm each week.

20E158E7-D78D-42FA-A39E-CB2506A559D6.jpeg

mjd1988

Guru
Just an idea for our TT endeavours - BRT run their TT League every Wednesday evening so the routes are known in advance - see lower half of the photo. I think the start time is 7.35pm each week.

View attachment 533164

Timing wise that suits me but is that a bit late for some folks? I think that's a good shout though, as Tommy says (and despite @Del C putting in so much good work) the meetup feature is still lacking for the racing purpose.

It's a shame as in the release notes they said they created the French world's in 6-8 weeks. It seems so easy to me to put up a leaderboard / further customise a meet up.

steverob

Guru

I was tempted to enter this event this week regardless, mainly because last week there were no D riders at all (well there was one, but he wasn't on ZwiftPower), so it would be a nice easy chance for me to pick up a win! In fact there were only 14 riders in total taking part and just 8 finishers on ZP, meaning it could be almost as good as a private event if 10-15 of us all turned up!

The only trouble is that this week it's a VERY hilly route and I'm not sure I want to go up New York's KOM four times in a row!

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

View attachment 533164

It’s maybe a little late for some as michael said. But the fact the series is mapped out already is ideal. I’m assuming we could use normal bikes to if we wanted to some of the events.

@peterob has messaged me to say he’s happy to do a spreadsheet. Can everyone say if they’re happy with this? Then I’ll start setting handicaps if everyone’s ok with me doing that? Then people can say if they feel an adjustment is in order.

Del C

Veteran
The problem is with zwift and not us I think Del. It’s a shame that they can’t just give us the private race option we want but I think they obviously have a different agenda. I think like you said the problem is that the race time might be slightly different each week, depending on what races are available.
Also am I right in thinking you don’t want to be involved in the admin while your busy with other stuff? It might be that no one else has time either. I’m pretty busy at the moment or I’d try and relieve some of the strain on you. I think I could set handicaps as that would probably take a few minutes one evening. But I cant guarantee I’ll be around on a daily basis to corral people and I’m no good with spreadsheets!
I was hoping by now Zwift would have sorted out the absence of finishing times for Meet Ups. It was trailed as about to happen and then didn't. I saw a quote Zwift had found that another software module required updating for this to work, and that's why it hadn't happened. They didn't offer any date when this would be fixed.

So, it does make the admin work to get round this more time consuming than I'd thought, especially trying to find a Strava segment, finding out how far the start of the segment is from the spawn point and then realising that people's historic times are all over the place, because those times come all sorts of different rides. For example, my PB is better than your on Tick Tock, but that's not going to be happen in any race that we're in. The TTT event just added an extra layer of complexity, which I didn't mind as its a great little event, but it takes a lot of time.

Yesterday I just thought I can't keep this going. I like to get things right, so I'm never going to set out to do half a job and I do actually read everyone's replies to try and make sure I've taken everyone's views or questions on board. The problem I've got at the moment is that my Dad is back in hospital and I've got more to do to help out Mum. I also sort out the weekly club runs and TTs for my road club (which also use Meet Ups) and its just taking too much of my time.

So, I'd rather step back for a while and just ride.

Del C

Veteran

View attachment 533164
Actually this looks good, but I won't be able to join at least until July 15 as it clashes with my road club's TT, which I co-organise.

I did skip it last week to ride our TTT event, but I can't really keep doing that.

Top Bottom