Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
All I can say is Friday 9pm isn’t too popular :laugh:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
So I jumped into a 5pm race this evening full of South africans. Once again on the volcano after party route. It turned out to be a Support SA Foundation series and there were good numbers entered - over 70 in the B race which was for riders with wkg of 4-1 so a big spread. 30 riders came to the foot of the volcano and surprising stayed largely together the most of the way up at a high pace unlike the team IRL race Which splintered early. Got 2nd B!

the SA guys seem to have a 9 week series on the go. 2 weeks left. there Were a few non-ZA riders but I guess they were mainly focussed on them’uns.

Last edited:

steverob

Guru
Well that was probably the loneliest race I've ever done!

Bolt Racing Time Trial League - only 32 took part, just 5 in D category, and of those only three (including me) were on ZwiftPower, one of whom was a borderline B/C rider! So it was basically me versus one other guy... and I beat him by almost 10 minutes. There were one or two points where I did see some other riders (outside of the early part of the first lap), but for most of it I felt like I'd done a world hack to get an empty map.

I can only hope that tomorrow's event by the same group is a little more interesting.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
P
Well a mixed couple of days.
It was the final event of the 3R league for me last night. Preparations went well. Cleaned chain 🤨. Started the race 3rd in GC and second place a no show. 4th place was a couple of minutes behind so surely a podium. All I had to do was finish in the front group! Easy hey. Well all was going well and lap 7 dolphin on the Crit up out of the saddle and crack! Chain went. Actually the quick link had been reused once more than it should have. Game over. DNF on stage 7 of 7. Absolutely gutted.
Sulked all night and got up early and there was another Crit race on. I had unfinished business 😂. So won that and got bumped to B for being billy big balls 😬. So anyone want a trophy cabinet I won’t be needing it for some time.

:laugh:
Well done mate. Welcome (back?) to the B’s! 🤘

<Tommy>

So I jumped into a 5pm race this evening full of South africans. Once again on the volcano after party route. It turned out to be a Support SA Foundation series and there were good numbers entered - over 70 in the B race which was for riders with wkg of 4-1 so a big spread. 30 riders came to the foot of the volcano and surprising stayed largely together the most of the way up at a high pace unlike the team IRL race Which splintered early. Got 2nd B!

the SA guys seem to have a 9 week series on the go. 2 weeks left. there Were a few non-ZA riders but I guess they were mainly focussed on them’uns.

You’re flying at the moment mate! 👍👍

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Raw data from the Survey results:-

When:-

717E1B9A-C8E8-49CD-A761-B14674224C7A.jpeg

8453F381-E877-4A51-A216-93EEE9385CF7.jpeg

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Frequency
so looks like fortnightly is the clear preference for how often

When
not a huge difference in the preferred evening but clearly the 6-7pm start time is most preferable
in order if votes Thursday 14, Tuesday 13, Wednesday 12, Monday/Friday 11

Type of Event
Again not a huge difference but the Team TT with handicaps get the majority closely followed by iTT with handicap. Surprisingly a straight up race also scored well, and the last man out crit also did ok.

maybe we just rotate the day of the week each fortnight and that way everyone is kept happy. Ie. Round 1 Mon, Round 2 Tues, round 3 Weds etc? We could also do a different style of race each round? Happy to come up with a plan. Poster and even a Promo video ^_^

<Tommy>

Ok 0/10 for that! :biggrin:

Feeling generous are we? 😁

Frequency
so looks like fortnightly is the clear preference for how often

When
not a huge difference in the preferred evening but clearly the 6-7pm start time is most preferable
in order if votes Thursday 14, Tuesday 13, Wednesday 12, Monday/Friday 11

Type of Event
Again not a huge difference but the Team TT with handicaps get the majority closely followed by iTT with handicap. Surprisingly a straight up race also scored well, and the last man out crit also did ok.

maybe we just rotate the day of the week each fortnight and that way everyone is kept happy. Ie. Round 1 Mon, Round 2 Tues, round 3 Weds etc? We could also do a different style of race each round? Happy to come up with a plan. Poster and even a Promo video ^_^

Personally I think stick to the same day each time but maybe rotate the events? Rotating the days is going to get confusing and it’ll be hard to plan if people are involved in other leagues.

It seems like a lot of the gang are going to be racing on Mondays Every week. And I can see a lot of people not really fancying consistently racing on Friday nights if they have families which will effect the numbers.
Can I suggest we pick either Wednesday or Thursday, races between 6 and 7pm and see how it goes?

Ketty

Über Member
Was talking to @Ketty last night and we both were unsure what's going on now with our race nights now. Do we still need to do a couple of laps of Tick Tock?

And in other news is there a website that tells you what race leagues / series are about to start? I could do with another one now DBR has stopped.

Many thanks!!
Think I might jump into the 20:20 Crit race @steverob mentioned tomorrow. Then start @IrishAl new Ireland league on Monday, Cat C?

steverob

Guru
Personally I think stick to the same day each time but maybe rotate the events? Rotating the days is going to get confusing and it’ll be hard to plan if people are involved in other leagues.
The trouble with always being on the same day is that means there’s going to be a certain amount of people who are then never going to be able to make any of the rides.

Maybe alternating between the two most popular days gives everyone a chance of making at least half the rides and some lucky people will be able to get to all of them!

<Tommy>

The trouble with always being on the same day is that means there’s going to be a certain amount of people who are then never going to be able to make any of the rides.

Maybe alternating between the two most popular days gives everyone a chance of making at least half the rides and some lucky people will be able to get to all of them!

That’s a fair point steve. Although to be honest I do think you’re never going to please everyone. But a two day rotation is preferable to a 5 day carousel!
I think if history has taught us anything it’s that simple is often best (Donald Trump not included...)

Also am I the only person who only voted once in each section?! :blush: There’s only 20 odd people here and about 500 votes were cast. Robert Mugabe would of been proud of that one!

Top Bottom