Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sprint points could be very valuable Brendan. It will be a big ask for the same riders to go for all of the sprint bonus given there are 3 primes plus the finish. That’s a lot of matches to burn. There are 30 points Total available at the primes and then 20 at the finish.

you might think about a crafty attack to sneak points...maybe save your legs on lap 2 and go for it on lap 3.

this is my first Zwift race where there have been prime bonus on offer so it will be interesting To see how it affects the race. In real life you see breaks getting away to claim the primes, but i expect in Zwift any attack or attempt to break will be quickly chased down?

this is were team work might help. Are we using Discord tonight?
What makes you think I’ll be near the pointy end at lap 3 😂😂😂
But I get where your coming from 👍🏼

BurningLegs

Veteran
Would love Ventoux in real life @<Tommy> - wonder if the wife would fancy a family holiday in the south of France next summer :whistle:

mjd1988

Guru
@IrishAl forgive me for being thick- how many points is there for the actual finishing position- I get that it's double points for the winner of the sprint but are there still points allocated for the top 20 or 30 riders? Or is it just those finishing in the top 8 of sprints and 1 point to all other finishers. Hope that makes sense.

If it's points for sprints I'd be tempted to go all out for the first one

BurningLegs

Veteran
Congratulations to @IrishAl and @Joffey - CycleChat riding high in the early league standings!

How did you irritate people @bobinski ?

@mjd1988 - do you mean the sprint at the end of the lead in?! Our group sprinted for that too, I did enough to stay in the draft but hoped it wasn’t a true sprint.

It was a small field in A which really helped me. Thanks to some prime points (:laugh:) I’m in 9th place which is a pleasant surprise (think I finished 17th on the road a few seconds off the main group). 21 started the race and I got 4th, 6th, 7th and 9th in the primes.

Del C

Veteran
Well ridden @Whorty

If you can ride like that then no reason to pack in Zwift. You stuck in well tonight.

I don’t know how @bobinski annoyed anyone. He announced he was half Polish and half Irish on lap 4 but I think he got away with it! :laugh:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Well, what a start. I was so up for tonight’s race. Coffee- tick. Jelly babies- tick. Then I found all 3 cheap pairs of bt headphones were dead. So I put my big over ears on. Clock ticking away .start up my 80’s play list. 30s to go- use bt to turn Kickr headwind one full. It won’t connect. Argh- lean down turn it up and as I come up race starts and I knock atv remote into floor. Panic! Everyone is riding away. I sprint but gradually a big group separates and then ... is gone. I was so fecked off. Kept trying to dig in and give chase but gave up going up Northumberland Avenue. Waited for a group and persuaded them to chase del and Carl down about 40s up the road we caught them and they snuck in with us. A few bants. Apologies to anyone offended. I wanted the group to speed up to catch Brendan but it wasn’t happening so apart from the odd surge I kept an eye to make sure we weren’t caught .it was good fun.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Well ridden @Whorty

If you can ride like that then no reason to pack in Zwift. You stuck in well tonight.

I don’t know how @bobinski annoyed anyone. He announced he was half Polish and half Irish on lap 4 but I think he got away with it! :laugh:

😁
I thought I offended you coz you were very quiet after I told everyone how old you were and when I asked if your hearing aid had fallen out😉
Also no one reacted to me saying don’t mix vodka and Guinness 😀

Well, what a start. I was so up for tonight’s race. Coffee- tick. Jelly babies- tick. Then I found all 3 cheap pairs of bt headphones were dead. So I put my big over ears on. Clock ticking away .start up my 80’s play list. 30s to go- use bt to turn Kickr headwind one full. It won’t connect. Argh- lean down turn it up and as I come up race starts and I knock atv remote into floor. Panic! Everyone is riding away. I sprint but gradually a big group separates and then ... is gone. I was so fecked off. Kept trying to dig in and give chase but gave up going up Northumberland Avenue. Waited for a group and persuaded them to chase del and Carl down about 40s up the road we caught them and they snuck in with us. A few bants. Apologies to anyone offended. I wanted the group to speed up to catch Brendan but it wasn’t happening so apart from the odd surge I kept an eye to make sure we weren’t caught .it was good fun.
I am so surprised you lot didn’t. Every time we passed on a return I see you lot over the banners. I lost the lead group on second little bump. Was messaging a BRT guy who was in trouble and lost concentration. Gone. Ended up in a group of three and one lad did not want to help and actually pissed me off badly at the time but looking back now I’m sure I’ve done that before. Thought you lot was toying with me and was gunna smash me to the line. Even more annoying I thought I got some prime points on first one but didn’t even get that 😂. Everyday a school day hey 👍🏼 Well done everyone.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Pretty sure I had a rush of blood to the head and contested the no point prime...
I didn't make it that far .... drop just before the flamb rouge on the lead in :laugh: Thankfully @Del C was close by with a couple of mates to drag me along until @bobinski brings along a few more wheels for me to suck :okay: Spent the rest of the ride hanging on for dear life - but at least I didn't come last :wahhey:

Top Bottom