Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Well ridden @Whorty

If you can ride like that then no reason to pack in Zwift. You stuck in well tonight.

I don’t know how @bobinski annoyed anyone. He announced he was half Polish and half Irish on lap 4 but I think he got away with it! :laugh:
Thanks Del. I surprised myself to be honest. Legs were tired from yesterday so expected to d a lot worse. With fresh legs I may have held on a bit longer with the initial group. After that though it was drafting and working hard on the little climb. Had a bit left for the sprint but made the attempt a little too late as I still have something in the legs at the end :banghead:

Re leaving Zwift, it's really a rest to refocus and not leaving. Want to get some long rides in with the specific aim of burning calories. I need to get below 70kg if I'm going to feature at the sticky end of B races :okay:

Whorty

Well, what a start. I was so up for tonight’s race. Coffee- tick. Jelly babies- tick. Then I found all 3 cheap pairs of bt headphones were dead. So I put my big over ears on. Clock ticking away .start up my 80’s play list. 30s to go- use bt to turn Kickr headwind one full. It won’t connect. Argh- lean down turn it up and as I come up race starts and I knock atv remote into floor. Panic! Everyone is riding away. I sprint but gradually a big group separates and then ... is gone. I was so fecked off. Kept trying to dig in and give chase but gave up going up Northumberland Avenue. Waited for a group and persuaded them to chase del and Carl down about 40s up the road we caught them and they snuck in with us. A few bants. Apologies to anyone offended. I wanted the group to speed up to catch Brendan but it wasn’t happening so apart from the odd surge I kept an eye to make sure we weren’t caught .it was good fun.
I don't think you upset anyone. Nothing I saw anyway.

Every time you surged the rest of the group just carried on the same - no one was interested, or had the legs, to go with you. Had the group been smaller I may have tried to help but no way I'd have the legs to attempt a break from a group that bit :surrender:

Whorty

I am so surprised you lot didn’t. Every time we passed on a return I see you lot over the banners. I lost the lead group on second little bump. Was messaging a BRT guy who was in trouble and lost concentration. Gone. Ended up in a group of three and one lad did not want to help and actually pissed me off badly at the time but looking back now I’m sure I’ve done that before. Thought you lot was toying with me and was gunna smash me to the line. Even more annoying I thought I got some prime points on first one but didn’t even get that 😂. Everyday a school day hey 👍🏼 Well done everyone.
I did chuckle when when you asked Farrel (?) if he wanted to take a turn :laugh:

I didn't realise you was just ahead of us. Not that it would have made any difference as I was in no fit state to chase :heat:

Alongo

Guru
Well done @IrishAl and @Joffey , also @BurningLegs : great race in the A’s .
I rode in the front group with @IrishAl casually and economically surfing round the pack and @mjd1988 going really well too. Felt a bit tired from weekend and I felt it on last lap up Northumberland Ave and the pack dropped me. It wasn’t so bad as there was only about 2 km to struggle home. I do think this league attracts a pretty decent quality field so I was pretty happy with that .
Are we still racing on Wed 10 th ?

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Well that was 'fun', rode in the Cat. C race. Went off like a rocket and was in the lead after a mile... :laugh:

Soon lost the lead and got dropped, found a group of approx. 8 riders in positions 23-32 and held on to them until the penultimate lap on Whitehall when I just couldn't hang on anymore, ended up in 31st place out of 62, so fairly happy with that.

Well done to all the CC 'ers racing tonight 👍

Joffey

Big Dosser
Cheers @BurningLegs & @Alongo :okay:

I enjoyed that tonight, went a bit mad at the start but then as the race settled down so did I.

What I really like about these racing series is the little battles you have with other riders. First it was Jason B, then Remi, now I thing Ben Mong is my new challenger. I seem to have the better of him on the flat so it will be interesting when we get a hilly ride.

Well done everyone who took part tonight :okay::okay::okay:

Spartak

Powered by M&M's

I enjoyed that tonight, went a bit mad at the start but then as the race settled down so did I.

What I really like about these racing series is the little battles you have with other riders. First it was Jason B, then Remi, now I thing Ben Mong is my new challenger. I seem to have the better of him on the flat so it will be interesting when we get a hilly ride.

Nice win @Joffey ... 👍

mjd1988

Guru
Flip. There was no let up there was there.

Well done @Joffey and @IrishAl on the wins! Some great rides throughout, @BurningLegs transitioning well to a and @Whorty putting out b numbers on tired legs. @bobinski taking over Nick's sledging duties as well!

Pleased enough with that, sprint mistake aside! Got 3 points from one of the other sprints and contested the first 3. Really mistimed the first, wasted power up and then just drifted to the front too soon. Live and learn.

The last two laps were complete pain the whole time as I was constantly getting spat out the back on the flat. Had to sprint to latch onto the group several times so had nothing for the last sprint. Looking at the strength of the field getting in the top 20 would have been very difficult so in retrospect maybe would have targeted the sprints even more as there would have been no difference finishing 30th or 60th, but really happy with the workout.

downside is that that was the flat course :eek:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Photo Winner
Well that was 'fun', rode in the Cat. C race. Went off like a rocket and was in the lead after a mile... :laugh:

View attachment 534520

Soon lost the lead and got dropped, found a group of approx. 8 riders in positions 23-32 and held on to them until the penultimate lap on Whitehall when I just couldn't hang on anymore, ended up in 31st place out of 62, so fairly happy with that.

View attachment 534521

Well done to all the CC 'ers racing tonight 👍
Well done Ian. All of these races bring you on that little bit and make you stronger for the next one. 💪

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Photo Winner

Fantastic result Joffey. Not often one rider dominates every sprint prime and the finish. Did your race stay intact most of the way or did anyone try any attacks?

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Photo Winner
I found the start really tough tonight. I was on the trainer with around 10mins to go bu pt my warm up was more just about tapping the pedals than anything above 1 or 2 wkg. I paid for it in the first few kms as the legs felt on fire but the power wasn’t there. I was even thinking there was a problem with the power readout as I felt I was pushing hard but it wasn’t helping me. Thankfully the pack settled down and i started feeling better in time for the lead in sprint. Managed 3rd on it. i was 90% sure I had the sprint primes right in terms of which laps to go so I sat back on lap 1 despite others going for it, I sat back so much I was under P as i found myself near the back and I was worried I was gonna get caught the wrong side of a split. I won the lap 2 prime, and 2nd on lap 3. Time for recovery for the finale but the sprint opened up much earlier than I anticipated so it meant chasing too big a spread of riders. I was gaining places but ran out of tarmac, Got 7th in the end. I see ive been given the 🏆 but that was based on points won rather than winning the race...but I’ll take it and move on 😀

we should try to use discord next week as although i could see most of you other Bs In the race i wasn’t sure how everyone was doing...apart from bob who I could see whittering away in the distance :laugh:

Joffey

Big Dosser
Fantastic result Joffey. Not often one rider dominates every sprint prime and the finish. Did your race stay intact most of the way or did anyone try any attacks?

Cheers Al. I pushed quite hard on the first lap and managed to break the race in half with one lad stuck in no mans land. Out of our lead group there was about 6 riders but only two of us on ZP so I managed to mark Ben Mong the entire race and steal the primes. The lad in no mans land was on ZP and then the others riders were all behind.

We had a couple of breakaway efforts from the non-ZP riders but they all came back into the group after half a lap or so.

I might have dominated the flat race but I don't think I'll be anywhere close on the hillier routes.

Ketty

Über Member

Well done mate 👍🏻🥇

Del C

Veteran
I found the start really tough tonight. I was on the trainer with around 10mins to go bu pt my warm up was more just about tapping the pedals than anything above 1 or 2 wkg. I paid for it in the first few kms as the legs felt on fire but the power wasn’t there. I was even thinking there was a problem with the power readout as I felt I was pushing hard but it wasn’t helping me. Thankfully the pack settled down and i started feeling better in time for the lead in sprint. Managed 3rd on it. i was 90% sure I had the sprint primes right in terms of which laps to go so I sat back on lap 1 despite others going for it, I sat back so much I was under P as i found myself near the back and I was worried I was gonna get caught the wrong side of a split. I won the lap 2 prime, and 2nd on lap 3. Time for recovery for the finale but the sprint opened up much earlier than I anticipated so it meant chasing too big a spread of riders. I was gaining places but ran out of tarmac, Got 7th in the end. I see ive been given the 🏆 but that was based on points won rather than winning the race...but I’ll take it and move on 😀

we should try to use discord next week as although i could see most of you other Bs In the race i wasn’t sure how everyone was doing...apart from bob who I could see whittering away in the distance :laugh:
A win is a win!

Great result!

Del C

Veteran
I missed the split at the top of Northumberland Avenue. Just sat a bit too far back and didn't have the right power up. There were feathers going off everywhere.

After that all I had to do was cope with some sledging from @bobinski which I laughed at but didn't reply to for fear of gapping myself while fumbling with a keypad!

Apart from that I was pretty happy with the race. Trying to change the way I'm riding after some advice from my super secret coach. Obviously I can't tell you what I'm changing or who the coach is, because it wouldn't be super or secret. But it seems to be helping my top end power as I was strong on the Whitehall climb and not too bad on the sprint!

Top Bottom