Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Although I am going to be screwed in tt - I do like the idea of tommy leaving 30 seconds later than me for being 1 sec faster - I was smiling till I realised Paul is 30 secs infront ! Hope we can work it out somehow
Edited - Paul can’t come out to play 😁👍

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Me, a top B? Averaged 3.2 on the ride. Some of you need to try harder 😛
The average takes in the 5 mins sitting in the pens .... your riding average was probably closer to 3.7 (?)

Just pointing out that bragging (and that's what it sounded like) that As and top power Bs are beating lower powered riders would be like me bragging that I beat Joffey or other D riders.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Did you see my question about using the Cycling Weekly TT event for our TT? Might that be easier?

Thanks for pointing it out Joffey. It is a good option if all else fails. My personal preference is that we stagger the starting times so that we have the chasing or handicap element to the race. I figure it just nice that everyone up and down the field is fighting to the finish.

Whorty

I think you’re confusing ‘Surprising‘ and ‘excellent needle opportunity’ ;)
Sorry Tomy, but you're confusing bragging with needle. Like I said to Bob, pointing out that as A's you beat low Bs and Cs isn't needle - I wouldn't even contemplate bragging to a D rider that I beat them. If anything I'd be trying to encourage them and maybe even help them. but hey, that's me and we're all different I guess.

I enjoyed Tuesday - the roll out was fun and the race was hard and good exercise, but if it all just turns out to be a case of the ZSUN riders getting one over on those of us who are still CC riders then that will be me out. Hopefully it's not and was, as you say, just misjudged needle.

<Tommy>

Sorry Tomy, but you're confusing bragging with needle. Like I said to Bob, pointing out that as A's you beat low Bs and Cs isn't needle - I wouldn't even contemplate bragging to a D rider that I beat them. If anything I'd be trying to encourage them and maybe even help them. but hey, that's me and we're all different I guess.

I enjoyed Tuesday - the roll out was fun and the race was hard and good exercise, but if it all just turns out to be a case of the ZSUN riders getting one over on those of us who are still CC riders then that will be me out. Hopefully it's not and was, as you say, just misjudged needle.

Whorty let’s stop this before it starts mate... I said it, and I meant it as needle. Not aimed at any one person in particular but probably more aimed at the likes of Alan, andy, burning legs etc who are normally in those finishing spots. I’m sorry you took it any other way. It wasn’t mis judged. It’s just banter. Let’s not turn this into anything other than fun please mate. Believe or not I don’t find online racing as brag worthy 👍

<Tommy>

And just for the record Carl I’m trying my hardest to help organise this thing so that everyone feels included. It was my suggestion not to register a league table to make it too serious, and I’ve pushed the handicap element so no one feels isolated. It’s just fun and I try and keep it that way. Having a laugh with people is part of that no? Maybe you’re being a bit over sensitive.
For what it’s worth I also message people up and down this group to try and give them pointers and encouragement from time to time if I think it’ll help them. Doesn’t mean we can’t have a laugh does it mate?

Whorty

Whorty let’s stop this before it starts mate... I said it, and I meant it as needle. Not aimed at any one person in particular but probably more aimed at the likes of Alan, andy, burning legs etc who are normally in those finishing spots. I’m sorry you took it any other way. It wasn’t mis judged. It’s just banter. Let’s not turn this into anything other than fun please mate. Believe or not I don’t find online racing as brag worthy 👍
:okay:

<Tommy>

I'm sure one thing we can all agree that I was going to win until I had to bail.

Although given that I did, I technically came last so should start first in the TT :cuppa:

😄

I’m not sure if it’s best to start first or last. I still have nightmares about bridgy hunting me down and running me over from bkool!

Top Bottom