Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjd1988

Guru
Off to warm up in a sec - nice long one as the race itself will be relatively short (I'm expecting close to 30 minutes).

Go off hard and try to hold on, or go off steady and try to keep the power nice and level for the whole race? Never quite get my TT tactics right :tongue:

I never really do TTs so just gonna try my best and hold current best 20 min power for 30ish mins (hoping to dip under 30 mins but no real target)

BurningLegs

Veteran
I’m off at 19:03 tonight but legs feeling tired after reading all the excuses ^_^

mjd1988

Guru
I'm probably just easily impressed but the set up in the pens is cool. Reminds me of the end of gladiators

And I'm making friends in the pens. Very close friends

Last edited:

BurningLegs

Veteran
Anyone else have specific playlists for different events? I’ve now got a TT playlist. Not much of a playlist though - one track in it and it’ll be on repeat :laugh:

mjd1988

Guru
That was a wee bit confusing...I just kept pushing on to the very end at 19.3km or wherever it was but it may have ended earlier? Realistically wouldn't have made must difference.

Time not great, power a little lower than hoped but at the same time only passed by one b and over took another. Passed by a fair few as and two 'c's though.

Edit 16/26 so could have gone worse. 288 watt average. Need to do some structured work to avoid plateauing probably.

Some great results, d team bossing it as always, and @bridgy putting in a great shift. @BurningLegs still putting out A numbers as well

Last edited:

Ketty

Über Member
That was a wee bit confusing...I just kept pushing on to the very end at 19.3km or wherever it was but it may have ended earlier? Realistically wouldn't have made must difference.

Time not great, power a little lower than hoped but at the same time only passed by one b and over took another. Passed by a fair few as and two 'c's though.
I had no idea how to pace it so tried to do 105% FTP for full distance. Should have gone harder but that’s hindsight. 30min was the target. Hoping for an FTP increase if anything!

edit: finished 10th and now up to 6th in the league table.

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
I wasn't lying earlier when I said my legs really ached- but it turns out that was just my walking legs and my cycling legs were just fine :blush:. Was aiming for 300w average and managed 307 so very happy with that.

@Whorty I'm definitely in the "go as hard as you can and hang on for dear life " camp :okay:

steverob

Guru
I had signed up early and was off at 1900 but have since quit and resigned up to get a later start time. I’d rather have some people to chase down. There are 24 signed up and I’ve now got a 1905 start time.
I'm glad you mentioned that - I was also down for a 19:00 start, but with your advice, quit and rejoined the event this afternoon and got a 19:03 start, which turned out to be the last but one of the Ds. Gave me a lot of targets to chase down, each one getting progressively harder than the last to catch!

As for the end result, I'll let this screenshot give you the final result...
Image1.jpg

Last edited:

BurningLegs

Veteran
Second proper ride with the PM tonight and my FTP has gone from 251W to 256W. Not sure what to make of that really - I was hoping for more to be honest. Maybe next week.

Great to share the road with so many other CCers this evening after a lonely few weeks in the IRL league! Really enjoyed chasing people down, and I made sure to wave at the two CCers I passed :smile:

It was nice to have an opportunity to post a few silly comments, but didn’t see anyone else doing the same so not sure if comments were actually visible?! Think I may have been typing into an echo chamber :laugh:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

Edit 16/26 so could have gone worse. 288 watt average. Need to do some structured work to avoid plateauing probably.

Some great results, d team bossing it as always, and @bridgy putting in a great shift. @BurningLegs still putting out A numbers as well
those C's are the 2 top chaps ... they push big big numbers but on the hills I get a little bit of revenge :tongue: I had no real chance against them tonight, but even at 6th place I only lost a few points tonight so not too bad.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Well done all CC 'ers tonight, I had a 'mare but I won't make excuses.... I tried to keep up with @Whorty as he passed me but just couldn't, well done buddy & chapeau to @steverob... 👍
I waved as I caught you :biggrin: I was expecting you to stick with me and we pace each other but you did seem to be struggling tonight to hold the numbers you've been hitting recently. I guess we all have nights like that sometimes - hopefully better next week :okay:

Well done the rest of the CCers - saw a few on the road. @bridgy caught me with about 5km to go - I was really struggling at that point but seeing a familiar name gave me a little boost to keep pushing.

Spartak