Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I suppose its partly psychological that each week is that little bit harder and therefore achievable.

I don't know whether I'm trying too hard or not enough without a training plan :blush:

I do like that about training plans. I like that you can train multiple days in a row too without feeling burnt out.

What I don’t like is the feeling of always being on a journey and waiting for the pay off. When I’m racing a find the journey more fun, and you get the pay off most time’s.

But you personally andy always seemed more disciplined when you’re on a plan. It’s definitely horses for courses isn’t it!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Did a Crit race today, in B cat, and didn't come last :wahhey: I actually lasted 12 minutes with the lead group before my legs gave up on me so quite chuffed with that. I think it was lap 5 when I popped; the guy who was dropped prior to me finally caught up with me on the final lap (12), only to be out sprinted by me :laugh: I think he may have expended quite a bit of energy getting to me and had little left in the tank ... either that or I really am the sprinting god I see in my head :biggrin:

Upshot is, I wasn't last in a B race.

Last edited:

steverob

Guru
My latest ZwiftPower profile shows this:
1596734847064.png

I swear I am not doing this on purpose just to avoid going up to C! For one, if I was trying to do this, I would massively fail to achieve this level of accuracy, plus on all my recent events (the three listed above do happen to be my most recent three) I have absolutely given my maximum - maybe this is actually as good as I'll ever get?

To be fair, the above numbers are rounded - all three should actually be 2.497 w/kg, which is why it doesn't list me as "Nearly C" because I've never gone over. But at the same time it does mean that if I lose one more pound / half a kilo, that would make me a C, at least temporarily. That's unlikely at the moment though given I'm working from home and snacking like it's going out of fashion!

BurningLegs

Veteran
That sounds good, @Whorty - well done 🙂

I did a 90 minute group ride at an average of 2.7W/KG whilst watching some TV. It was nice to turn the legs over and roll round without feeling like it was anything too hard going.

I became a dad again on Tuesday, so I’ve got a couple of weeks away from work to get to grips with all that brings. That’s one reason why I didn’t want to race or do anything too tough today - two nights in and I haven’t adjusted to no sleep yet 😂

Hoping to continue with the IRL races on Monday evenings but might have to skip occasionally 🙂

berty bassett

Legendary Member

I did a 90 minute group ride at an average of 2.7W/KG whilst watching some TV. It was nice to turn the legs over and roll round without feeling like it was anything too hard going.

I became a dad again on Tuesday, so I’ve got a couple of weeks away from work to get to grips with all that brings. That’s one reason why I didn’t want to race or do anything too tough today - two nights in and I haven’t adjusted to no sleep yet 😂

Hoping to continue with the IRL races on Monday evenings but might have to skip occasionally 🙂
congrats sir - dont think for 1 minute that tommy will be accepting lack of sleep as an excuse tho ^_^

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

Congrats mate, to you and to missus Legs!

My eldest daughter is 21 and she still causes me the odd sleepless night I’m afraid to tell you. But it’s all completely worth it!

Whorty

My latest ZwiftPower profile shows this:
View attachment 540132
I swear I am not doing this on purpose just to avoid going up to C! For one, if I was trying to do this, I would massively fail to achieve this level of accuracy, plus on all my recent events (the three listed above do happen to be my most recent three) I have absolutely given my maximum - maybe this is actually as good as I'll ever get?

To be fair, the above numbers are rounded - all three should actually be 2.497 w/kg, which is why it doesn't list me as "Nearly C" because I've never gone over. But at the same time it does mean that if I lose one more pound / half a kilo, that would make me a C, at least temporarily. That's unlikely at the moment though given I'm working from home and snacking like it's going out of fashion!
You're definitely a consistent rider :laugh:

Whorty

Congrats Nick :okay:

1596736929962.png

mjd1988

Guru

Fantastic news, hope mum and baby doing well. Sleep is overrated:eek:

Congratulation mate. 👍🏼

Alongo

Guru

Congratulations Nick, to you and family .
“ but might have to skip occasionally”. Flat races eh ! 😀

bridgy

Legendary Member

Many congrats to you both :bravo:

Top Bottom