Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I can see the fundamental benefit of steering in a race, IF they sort out drafting. To be able to align yourself behind someone or swerve away to stop someone hogging your wheel could prove invaluable and entertaining :biggrin:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Hopefully the steering comes in for turbo bikes ASAP!

Game changer in the most literal sense? I think it’s going to completely change the dynamics of races. I’m going to say anyone who doesn’t get the steerer will be at a distinct disadvantage.

Del C

Veteran
Hopefully the steering comes in for turbo bikes ASAP!

Game changer in the most literal sense? I think it’s going to completely change the dynamics of races. I’m going to say anyone who doesn’t get the steerer will be at a distinct disadvantage.
Just wait for the new feature, where you can scatter some virtual tacks on the road behind you to get rid of those annoying bastards who keep sucking your wheel!

Now that’s a game changer!

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum

View: https://youtu.be/y54NA3nGYtw

Not sure if you can swerve to get those behind out of the draft. That would be cool.

You can! Check out the dcrainmaker review Michael put up. If you’re manually steering you also have to constantly steer. Eg if you don’t pay attention you will slip out of the drafting line. But alternatively you can take corners at the best line etc.

Apparently elite have exclusivity on the hardware until next spring. Nice pay day for them coming up!

Also not all races will include the steering option. Just a selection of races and free riding mode.

Great news about the meet up function too.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
What we need a handle bar lever attachment, something that has a lever to push left or right but them springs back to centre once released. I dont know how to 3D print a bracket and steal the innards from the Elite steerer plate.

Someone will make a device soon :okay:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Just a thought, if you have active steering does that mean you are no longer able to ride through another avatar? Will you need to steer around to pass?

Top Bottom