Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterob

Veteran

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
You can be our guinea pig then Carl ^_^. Give it a go and let us know how you get on with it - I'm interested but won't be spending £75 on a steering block until I hear some feedback and see if it does actually take off for use in races etc. I can see it going either way - if people love it, lots of races will include the feature and it'll really take off, but if it's less well received by racers for any reason it might remain just a bit of a gimmick to use when riding solo and in only a few select events

Honestly unless there’s something inherently flawed with the design or function I’d be surprised if it didn’t take off.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Just had a view of the video and it looks really cool. Might even be a game changer for the the dreaded 'sticky' draft. Rach said she'll buy me one so had a search on line and can't see one even for sale yet in the UK .... hopefully Wiggle will get them in stock soon.

Not often I get excited by cycling tech, but this is one that definitely has peeked my interest!
I think it said you could only buy them via the Zwift.com shop?

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Not sure about just a steering block ... Now a steering block combined with a climb ... That's a game changer ... You can bet that Wahoo will be working on something ready for when Elite loose their monopoly!! ... If only Tacx / Gamin would get their fingers out!!

Another tip for cycling in hot weather ... this one from the pros ... a small bag of ice draped over the back of the neck, or tucked under your bib braces. ;)

bridgy

Legendary Member
Heads up - live Tour de L'Ain on Eurosport at 1pm and Tour of Poland at 2.30 :okay:
Hell of a line up for Tour de L'Ain - well from Ineos and Jumbo Vista at least!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Looks like I'm the odd one out but steering on Zwift don't really do it for me. What am I missing?
I think like all things, it's horses for courses. I like the idea of steering around people, cutting the corner, training to choose the wheel to draft etc. For me I think it will add a bit more interest, assuming I can work it and it functions as well as the DC Rainmaker review says. I think once more people use them for racing it may well be a requisite to stay on a level playing field.

<Tommy>

Not sure about just a steering block ... Now a steering block combined with a climb ... That's a game changer ... You can bet that Wahoo will be working on something ready for when Elite loose their monopoly!! ... If only Tacx / Gamin would get their fingers out!!

Another tip for cycling in hot weather ... this one from the pros ... a small bag of ice draped over the back of the neck, or tucked under your bib braces. ;)

What makes you think Tacx won’t be making something similar?

I’m heading out this afternoon for a little spin but I think ill pass on the ice down the bib shorts technique. Seems a bit harsh on the little fella!

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
That sounds good, @Whorty - well done 🙂

I did a 90 minute group ride at an average of 2.7W/KG whilst watching some TV. It was nice to turn the legs over and roll round without feeling like it was anything too hard going.

I became a dad again on Tuesday, so I’ve got a couple of weeks away from work to get to grips with all that brings. That’s one reason why I didn’t want to race or do anything too tough today - two nights in and I haven’t adjusted to no sleep yet 😂

Hoping to continue with the IRL races on Monday evenings but might have to skip occasionally 🙂

Congrats buddy!

Del C

Veteran

I’m heading out this afternoon for a little spin but I think ill pass on the ice down the bib shorts technique. Seems a bit harsh on the little fella!
Yep!

Could be an even littler fella! 😂

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Well, I've not heard a whisper about the proposed collaboration between Tacx and Wahoo on making the Climb Tacx compatible, or rumours of a Tacx climb ... of course Tacx already have a steerer plate ... just not been given the OK by Zwift.
What part of back of the neck, under the bib braces did you fail to understand ? :biggrin: Of course it's handy when you have a team car to supply you with a refill while climbing in 30C+ heat :O

BurningLegs

Veteran
Wow, what an update. Classic Zwift to stall on any real feature development for what feels like a year and then drop steering, meet-up finishing results, new power ups and I think a couple of other little bits all at once 😂

Definitely interested in steering but won’t be buying yet. I’ve got a birthday coming up in October though so if it’s well received and no niggles emerge then maybe that’ll be the time to buy 🙂

On the release management side of things though, I do find it genuinely a little concerning to see so much change in one release. They don’t really have the best track record for QA, and some of the features in this release we’re previously pulled due to quality issues (meet up results). I thought they followed an “agile” dev methodology but surely not if we are seeing such a big release?! I worry that they’re just flying by the seat of their pants tbh 🤔

<Tommy>

Well, I've not heard a whisper about the proposed collaboration between Tacx and Wahoo on making the Climb Tacx compatible, or rumours of a Tacx climb ... of course Tacx already have a steerer plate ... just not been given the OK by Zwift.

What part of back of the neck, under the bib braces did you fail to understand ? :biggrin: Of course it's handy when you have a team car to supply you with a refill while climbing in 30C+ heat :O

😄😄

I don’t know why but I just instantly conjured an image of having to stuff a pack of ice down my bibs... not sure what a psychiatrist would make of that...

Regarding Tacx I see what you mean. Dunno... From a selfish perspective I just hope all the smart bike makers work out a way of getting this thing to work on zwift. They’ve all got the buttons to operated it. Apparently that was from a zwift recommendation 2 or even 3 years ago! I don’t know how it’ll work in practice. One movement left or right is probably a lot easier as a function rather than subtle changes in steering angle. But the amount of money in smart bikes surely they work it out?

Top Bottom