Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Del C

Veteran
Well don @Del C - I'm sure you did work hard, you kind of have no choice in these TTT's which is what makes them so tough I think!

I rode with the ZSUN Jupiter team in Frappe and we managed 33:39 which I think was a good time, but they were hoping for a top 10 finish and we ended up 13th, missing out on the top 10 by just a handful of seconds (apparently - I can't see the results myself). For the first time in one of these I think, the start went really well and we both maintained a good speed, AND stayed together - usually it's carnage for the first minute or two!
Just register on the WTRL website and get yourself a log in. You can see all the results, team splits, individual rider times, etc.

When I looked last night you were 9th in Frappe and destined for next week’s Premier League. I didn’t post anything in case results from the late zones pushed you down and that’s what’s happened.

Still, 33.39 was a cracking time!

Del C

Veteran
Last night's TTT was my first time on the new French roads - didn't notice any of the graphics at all!
Yeah!

Not the best race for sightseeing! 😂

bridgy

Legendary Member
Just register on the WTRL website and get yourself a log in. You can see all the results, team splits, individual rider times, etc.

When I looked last night you were 9th in Frappe and destined for next week’s Premier League. I didn’t post anything in case results from the late zones pushed you down and that’s what’s happened.

Still, 33.39 was a cracking time!
I have tried signing up a few times and its never let me - but I just tried again and success! 4 seconds off 10th place - blimey that was close!

bridgy

Legendary Member
Too much sweat in the eyes? :heat: That will be me on the Monday IRL race too :laugh:
Yeah! And I just don't tend to notice the surroundings when racing at all really - I always find it slightly surprising when people say they didn't enjoy a particular race because they don't like the graphics or whatever in a particular world - I'm far to busy looking at the other riders, my data, and just generally suffering to notice anything!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Yeah! And I just don't tend to notice the surroundings when racing at all really - I always find it slightly surprising when people say they didn't enjoy a particular race because they don't like the graphics or whatever in a particular world - I'm far to busy looking at the other riders, my data, and just generally suffering to notice anything!
I'm similar - took me ages before I noticed the steam train on Fuego flats, and I've never seen the yeti up the Alpe even though I've climbed it over 25 times :wacko:

I decided "Feck it", every group needs a guinea pig, so I've pulled the trigger :biggrin: Could be an expensive paperweight, but I've hardly been out the house spending money since February and my bank balance is desperate for some action :laugh:
must be the big rush but my checkout has stalled for the last 5 minutes. I had steering via a 9 pinn serial port on a Gateway computer back in 2000 on my first VR bike program called Ultracoach VR. It allowed crashes and was really cool.

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
I was wondering how you and @bobinski got on tonight

We had a different team line up tonight. Normal captain out. 6 riders on the start line. One of them an A rider from WTRL Volendam who are a regular top 10 Espresso team and 2 new guys who are strong Bs. Then me, stand-in captain and our 12 year old lad as the regulars.

Stand in captain's power supply went pop in the first km. Then we lost the 12 year old boy in the sticky draft of a team we overtook. He always coasts along at the back but this time because the pace was so high he got caught out.

That left 4 of us and me thinking 'Oh f**k. There goes my heroic effort and sacrifice myself near the viaduct option. I've now got to hang on all the way to the end!'

I did it! It needed the guys to just pace me over the 5% grade on the viaducts then it was full bore for home. Like @bridgy said those rollers on the last few kms were absolute killers, but we got in at a time of 35.13 and currently we're 52nd out of 122 in Frappe class.

Equalled my highest ever average power at 3.6w/kg and 20 minute power at 3.7w/kg. Average power on Strava of 258w. I think I worked pretty hard tonight!

cracking time Del on a tough course. We finished about a minute slower. 2 of us always pull away on the climbs. Last week I ended up 15s in front on the leg Snapper 😬. 3 of us tend to pull at the front. But we can rarely make up the time lost on the climbs. We need an A we can dig in behind.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
You're lucky. Mine stalled out and after a Bkool ride and taking the dogs for a trot, they took mine out of my cart and now they're out of stock!
I feared that might be the case which is why I pulled the trigger in the end - wife said I'd regret not getting it if I waited to long and they all sell out in one day. I'm not normally as impulsive with purchases but this just sounds like fun even though I had zero interest in the BMX route with the companion app steering option. At least I know if I don't get on wit it I should be able to resell for pretty much the same as I bought it :laugh:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Photo Winner
I have tried signing up a few times and its never let me - but I just tried again and success! 4 seconds off 10th place - blimey that was close!
You guys could well be on for a premier league wild card place. There is usually one or two teams that don’t accept the invite. Get your captain to keep an eye out for an email 👍

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Photo Winner
Have a mail already that mine has been dispatched :okay:
It will be interesting to see the uptake but I do wonder how zwift will level the playing field in races. Given the number of riders on dumb trainers / zpower then there will surely only be a relatively small percentage of rider will Have the complete set up with steerable bikes. perhaps they will simulate a steering response from non-steering riders but at a disadvantage

Top Bottom