Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BurningLegs

Veteran
I also think it’s interesting that Zwift didn’t develop the hardware themselves on this.

We all know they now have a hardware division, and this is ultimately a pretty simple bit of hardware isn’t it! Instead it seems like they may release a full on bike and/or trainer from a standing start! This could have been a good project to get some of the fundamentals like supply chain and software engineering all lined up with a pretty simple product then build on it for the bike/trainer/whatever they’re ultimately planning.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I also think it’s interesting that Zwift didn’t develop the hardware themselves on this.

We all know they now have a hardware division, and this is ultimately a pretty simple bit of hardware isn’t it! Instead it seems like they may release a full on bike and/or trainer from a standing start! This could have been a good project to get some of the fundamentals like supply chain and software engineering all lined up with a pretty simple product then build on it for the bike/trainer/whatever they’re ultimately planning.

Do you know what it made me think a little along those lines too. But maybe there’s a chance this shows any hardware they develop will be done in conjunction with elite? It’s make sense from the perspective of a company with zero manufacturing background

bridgy

Legendary Member
I was wondering how you and @bobinski got on tonight

We had a different team line up tonight. Normal captain out. 6 riders on the start line. One of them an A rider from WTRL Volendam who are a regular top 10 Espresso team and 2 new guys who are strong Bs. Then me, stand-in captain and our 12 year old lad as the regulars.

Stand in captain's power supply went pop in the first km. Then we lost the 12 year old boy in the sticky draft of a team we overtook. He always coasts along at the back but this time because the pace was so high he got caught out.

That left 4 of us and me thinking 'Oh f**k. There goes my heroic effort and sacrifice myself near the viaduct option. I've now got to hang on all the way to the end!'

I did it! It needed the guys to just pace me over the 5% grade on the viaducts then it was full bore for home. Like @bridgy said those rollers on the last few kms were absolute killers, but we got in at a time of 35.13 and currently we're 52nd out of 122 in Frappe class.

Equalled my highest ever average power at 3.6w/kg and 20 minute power at 3.7w/kg. Average power on Strava of 258w. I think I worked pretty hard tonight!
Well don @Del C - I'm sure you did work hard, you kind of have no choice in these TTT's which is what makes them so tough I think!

I rode with the ZSUN Jupiter team in Frappe and we managed 33:39 which I think was a good time, but they were hoping for a top 10 finish and we ended up 13th, missing out on the top 10 by just a handful of seconds (apparently - I can't see the results myself). For the first time in one of these I think, the start went really well and we both maintained a good speed, AND stayed together - usually it's carnage for the first minute or two!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Horrific crash the other day in the sprint for the finish. What sh||t barriers, poor riding.

I hope the rider comes out of his induced coma after brain surgery:ohmy:
I watched it and it was truly horrendous. Don't know how Groenewegen is going to get out of this? His move looked intentional and not in the remotely accidental. One of the officials was also badly injured with neck and spinal injuries, and poor Jakobsen seems in a real mess. Very sad for the sport.

mjd1988

Guru
I’ve now got images of the CycleChat train in the IRL races fanning out across the road when it narrows and easing right off the pace to launch @IrishAl up the road 😂

Do you know I really wasn't sure about steering and haven't got a chance to watch the videos but it does actually sound properly exciting if it works properly. It's certainly got people talking.

As nick has said there the potential for teamwork and co ordinated attacks would be amazing if it all worked. But yeah it's a pretty steep price for what seems like simple enough hardware but watching with interest!

Whorty

Do you know I really wasn't sure about steering and haven't got a chance to watch the videos but it does actually sound properly exciting if it works properly. It's certainly got people talking.

As nick has said there the potential for teamwork and co ordinated attacks would be amazing if it all worked. But yeah it's a pretty steep price for what seems like simple enough hardware but watching with interest!
I decided "Feck it", every group needs a guinea pig, so I've pulled the trigger :biggrin: Could be an expensive paperweight, but I've hardly been out the house spending money since February and my bank balance is desperate for some action :laugh:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I decided "Feck it", every group needs a guinea pig, so I've pulled the trigger :biggrin: Could be an expensive paperweight, but I've hardly been out the house spending money since February and my bank balance is desperate for some action :laugh:

If you cant set it up, send it to me for testing :okay:

Brusgaard

Über Guru

You are aware that it currently only works with Bluetooth , right? My setup is ANT+ only, so not much point in me buying it at the moment,.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Well that didn't last long... looks like I have been promoted after all!
View attachment 540178

So today's race was 3 laps of Champs-Élysées - which for the record I did win (finished 7th, but everyone ahead of me was upgraded or DQ'd) basically by starting my sprint finish early and gapping the only other Ds in my group before they had a chance to sit on my wheel and out sprint me.

In the initial results my 20 minute power was displayed as 251 watts (95% being 238.45), but when I checked just now it had been updated to 252W. At that point, I refreshed my profile and it now said "D (nearly C)", so I started getting all geeky with the maths (as I tend to do) and tried to figure out exactly how close I was.

I calculated that my three race average should now be 2.50017452 w/kg. Yes, I was over by 0.00017452. Multiply that by my weight and that works out to one sixtieth (1/60) of a watt. And sure enough, the next time I refreshed the page, there was a big blue circle with a C in it looming out at me. So it looks like some of you will have a new companion to finish ahead of, at least for the next 90 days!

Oh dear, I'm going to have to pull my finger out and try and get promoted too :hyper:

Whorty

Signed up for the sub 2w/kg ride at 15:00 around France. Recovery day so have a chance to look around the French course - not done one yet so quite looking forward to it :okay:

In the meantime, watching the Tour de L'ain - it's nice to spend the afternoon watching live cycling 🍿

Joffey

Big Dosser
Signed up for the sub 2w/kg ride at 15:00 around France. Recovery day so have a chance to look around the French course - not done one yet so quite looking forward to it :okay:

In the meantime, watching the Tour de L'ain - it's nice to spend the afternoon watching live cycling 🍿

And listening to Carlton Kirby... :whistle:

bridgy

Legendary Member

Last night's TTT was my first time on the new French roads - didn't notice any of the graphics at all!

Top Bottom