Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
It does look very like the veloton app steering (and zwift invested in virtupro which was the semi smart bike compatible with that app). Wonder if they've moved that hardware along at all.

Any update on the stages bike @Brendan Parker ?

Also, first pootle around the France world today - very nice and simple lush scenery with the odd wee flourish. Big fan so far.
I did an hour ride on there yesterday and was a little surprised ... for some reason I was expecting it to be a little flatter than it was, but it was quite rolling. Some nice little lumps (we did the petit KoM). Should be a really popular place to race as gives quite a few areas to attack. Looking forwrad to Monday's IRL race although I may get blown apart by the stronger riders if I can't hold on to the wheels and draft :wacko:

It does look very like the veloton app steering (and zwift invested in virtupro which was the semi smart bike compatible with that app). Wonder if they've moved that hardware along at all.

Any update on the stages bike @Brendan Parker ?

Also, first pootle around the France world today - very nice and simple lush scenery with the odd wee flourish. Big fan so far.
Well it arrived which is a result on its own. Took longer to set up than I imagined silly little things which I think gp lama picked up on like no clearance for the pedals and bars screws but to be honest I ll prob never need to touch again so no biggy The app was a bit temperamental picking up all 3 power meters and sync ing but once done seems ok. Tried to give it a go yesterday but just too hot in the cabin. Outdoors tomorrow so first proper will be Monday night IRL race. So will let you know after that. 👍🏼

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Im leaning more towards Stages SB20 for the future.

What I liked to see is each other adopt their best features to make a super trainer bike

This is the VR I started with. Steering 20 years ago. I think I'll get it again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200808-063732.png
    Screenshot_20200808-063732.png
    65.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20200808-063705.png
    Screenshot_20200808-063705.png
    56.9 KB · Views: 5

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Just watched the video and have to say if enough people get it , I think it will make things really interesting - think it would come into its own on a ttt
It’s a thumbs up from me

steverob

Guru
View attachment 540499

So on Monday as it stands there is a double points Kom prime and the finish line triple, so not just where you finish at the end.
I wouldn't count on that quite yet - the Primes are still a work in progress on the France course apparently.

I did the Herd Racing League event today on the Petite Boucle course (62km in this heat - I must be mad!) and they said they had set up primes on the Aqueduct both Forward and Reverse, plus also the Petit KOM - they said that none of the sprints had been set up yet, so those weren't an option.

However the results on ZP only show Aqueduct Forward and Petit KOM as scoring points, plus the Aqueduct seems to have taken the results from when we went over it in Reverse, despite it being described as Forward, so there's even more confusion there. Maybe that'll be sorted out by Monday, but I wouldn't guarantee it.

mjd1988

Guru
I wouldn't count on that quite yet - the Primes are still a work in progress on the France course apparently.

I did the Herd Racing League event today on the Petite Boucle course (62km in this heat - I must be mad!) and they said they had set up primes on the Aqueduct both Forward and Reverse, plus also the Petit KOM - they said that none of the sprints had been set up yet, so those weren't an option.

However the results on ZP only show Aqueduct Forward and Petit KOM as scoring points, plus the Aqueduct seems to have taken the results from when we went over it in Reverse, despite it being described as Forward, so there's even more confusion there. Maybe that'll be sorted out by Monday, but I wouldn't guarantee it.
Fair, I'll definitely be checking last minute. Doubt I'm going to feature in the Kom anyway!

So glad I got the Gcn app, saw 2 cracking finishes today. Eurosport would be handier as I don't have Chromecast but for 20 quid its good (and Eurosport didn't have a similar deal on at the moment)

BurningLegs

Veteran
Jumbo Visma had a very good day ;)
Yes, they look like the new Ineos to be honest. I suppose the question on everyone’s lips is have they peaked too soon? That and have Ineos peaked yet?

I am still going for Ineos at the tour - they often look out of sorts on the lead up, and even in the first week or two they can often look a bit off the boil but they always seem to come good in the final week.

Top Bottom