Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Interesting write up on Zwiftinsider On the companion app update. Looking at the app itself it seems a fairly basic upgrade. All of the worlds are available for Meet up selection (apart from Crit City and Bologna) including France and Paris. And from reading the ZI write up it looks like the meet up with race results starts like any other meet up...I.e. riders at the side of the road. And the finish line is the usual meet-up blue banner which appears at the distance set in the meet up menu. Only question...when is our first event? :hyper:

Interesting write up on Zwiftinsider On the companion app update. Looking at the app itself it seems a fairly basic upgrade. All of the worlds are available for Meet up selection (apart from Crit City and Bologna) including France and Paris. And from reading the ZI write up it looks like the meet up with race results starts like any other meet up...I.e. riders at the side of the road. And the finish line is the usual meet-up blue banner which appears at the distance set in the meet up menu. Only question...when is our first event? :hyper:
Someone say “Poll” 😂

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I’m well up for a race. Feels like ages since I’ve done one... team handicap next week? I only say team handicap because it’s the next one on the calendar. The weather looks sufficiently cooler too!

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Tried restarting phone, uninstalling an reinstalling the app ... so at least I know it's my phone and not the app per-se. I have an old phone with old Android OS so probably not compatible :wacko: Cheers
Just jailbreak the phone and put the latest version of Vanilla android on it :biggrin: ... I use a Galaxy Note II to run the companion app, Taxc Training Software, etc, and the old Android 4.2 wouldn't support those ... I think I'm running Android 9.0 ... ish

steverob

Guru
Just posted on the Zwift forums by Wes (Zwift Staff) regarding the Companion App:

[UPDATE]: For all those on Android that have been seeing crashes, we just released 3.17.1 for Android to resolve the crashing issue. It should appear in the Play store soon. Please update and let us know if you are still getting crashes/hangs on app launch.

Worth a try @Whorty ?

Last edited:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
I’m well up for a race. Feels like ages since I’ve done one... team handicap next week? I only say team handicap because it’s the next one on the calendar. The weather looks sufficiently cooler too!

Team TT handicap is a good call. The weather here is also looking a little unsettled.

Here it is...the POLL to try and pick the most suitable day. I trust 6.30 start time works for most people? and I have left Monday off as a good number are doing the IRL series. So choices are Tues/weds/thurs...tick yes or no if that day can work for you.

in case you missed it here is the LINK to the POLL 😃

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Team TT handicap is a good call. The weather here is also looking a little unsettled.

Here it is...the POLL to try and pick the most suitable day. I trust 6.30 start time works for most people? and I have left Monday off as a good number are doing the IRL series. So choices are Tues/weds/thurs...tick yes or no if that day can work for you.

in case you missed it here is the LINK to the POLL 😃

😄

Where would we be without a poll! 👍

I think you should probably discount Thursday too though mate. A few of us dip in and out of the ttt that day so we made it either Tuesday or Wednesday about errr 4 polls back? :rolleyes:😄

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Uninstall reboot phone re install
Yeah, did that too :banghead: Seems there was a bug in the version released that impacted Android 5.x and 6.x Supposed to be fixed but still not working for me so have raised a query with Zwift guys. I think 7.x and above Android should be fine.

Ketty

Über Member
I think I tend to stand for first 10 to 15 seconds or so and then back into the seat and just keeping putting out as much power as I can until I fade. My sprint training (which I love to hate) consists of a 10 minute warm up and then 7 or 8 all out 30 second sprints every 7 minutes, with zone 1 recovery in between the sprint. I find these are best done in free ride rather than in ERG Mode. A good course to do these on is London Classique as each lap takes roughly the 7 minutes and you can use the mall sprint as your target effort.
Thanks @IrishAl :okay:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Just jailbreak the phone and put the latest version of Vanilla android on it :biggrin: ... I use a Galaxy Note II to run the companion app, Taxc Training Software, etc, and the old Android 4.2 wouldn't support those ... I think I'm running Android 9.0 ... ish
If the phone wasn't so critical to me I would give this a pop but can't risk buggering it up and being phone-less :sad: I'll have a play when not working and see if I can get it fixed :okay:

Top Bottom