Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Just posted on the Zwift forums by Wes (Zwift Staff) regarding the Companion App:

[UPDATE]: For all those on Android that have been seeing crashes, we just released 3.17.1 for Android to resolve the crashing issue. It should appear in the Play store soon. Please update and let us know if you are still getting crashes/hangs on app launch.

Worth a try @Whorty ?
Yeah, saw that but didn't work so dropped him a msg. My phone is a cronky old thing like me so maybe needs to be upgraded (like me ;) )

bridgy

Legendary Member
Team TT handicap is a good call. The weather here is also looking a little unsettled.

Here it is...the POLL to try and pick the most suitable day. I trust 6.30 start time works for most people? and I have left Monday off as a good number are doing the IRL series. So choices are Tues/weds/thurs...tick yes or no if that day can work for you.

in case you missed it here is the LINK to the POLL 😃
@IrishAl I will race if at all possible, but I haven't voted in the poll because my youngest son's football is due to start next week and I don't yet know on which evenings so I really can't say anything for sure yet

BurningLegs

Veteran
A TTT doesn’t really make the most of the new meet-up results feature though, does it? I assume all participants will be timed from the start of the meet-up rather than when passing a line?? So we still need to use a Strava segment?

I’d be more up for a straight shoot out, group start, but will do a TTT if more people fancy that.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
A TTT doesn’t really make the most of the new meet-up results feature though, does it? I assume all participants will be timed from the start of the meet-up rather than when passing a line?? So we still need to use a Strava segment?

I’d be more up for a straight shoot out, group start, but will do a TTT if more people fancy that.

I just suggested the TTT because it was next on the rotation. I’m happy just to go with the flow. I normally lean towards handicap races because they tend to be a bit more inclusive but I’ll happily try anything.

The timing won’t be a problem for what it’s worth. It’ll be the same as the last race we did. Just sending people off the line at timed intervals. Only this time the whole race will be timed rather than just the Strava segment.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Just posted on the Zwift forums by Wes (Zwift Staff) regarding the Companion App:

[UPDATE]: For all those on Android that have been seeing crashes, we just released 3.17.1 for Android to resolve the crashing issue. It should appear in the Play store soon. Please update and let us know if you are still getting crashes/hangs on app launch.

Worth a try @Whorty ?
mine was 3.17.1 so jumped the crashy version;)

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Team TT handicap is a good call. The weather here is also looking a little unsettled.

Here it is...the POLL to try and pick the most suitable day. I trust 6.30 start time works for most people? and I have left Monday off as a good number are doing the IRL series. So choices are Tues/weds/thurs...tick yes or no if that day can work for you.

in case you missed it here is the LINK to the POLL 😃
I voted 'no' Al as can't make it this week, but actually I think I'll most likely be a no going forward too as CC races just turn into iTTs for me. If there are times when we jump onto other organised races where there are like abilities so my race feels like an actual race then I'd but up for that, but probably not CC only races. I'll try to look in though if I can to see how everyone is suffering :tongue:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Steve I watched your ride, you should/could have won your group sprint.

You worked hard to get back onto their wheel, then you recovered with an 8bpm drop before the line. You had plenty enough rpm on the pedals, but you built power steadily instead of smashing it

. Zwift reacts much better (Speed increase) if you smash the power very quickly. Then hold on for grim death :okay:

Ketty

Über Member
I voted 'no' Al as can't make it this week, but actually I think I'll most likely be a no going forward too as CC races just turn into iTTs for me. If there are times when we jump onto other organised races where there are like abilities so my race feels like an actual race then I'd but up for that, but probably not CC only races. I'll try to look in though if I can to see how everyone is suffering :tongue:
I like the team time trails with handicap as its inclusive of all categories:cheers:

steverob

Guru
Steve I watched your ride, you should/could have won your group sprint.

You worked hard to get back onto their wheel, then you recovered with an 8bpm drop before the line. You had plenty enough rpm on the pedals, but you built power steadily instead of smashing it

. Zwift reacts much better (Speed increase) if you smash the power very quickly. Then hold on for grim death :okay:
I would love to be able to do that, but I can't seem to for some reason. I've tried but am just not able to go from 250w to 800w in a second - I seem to have to go through all the other intermediate wattages first, which takes 2-3 seconds to build through.

I'm not sure if that's just down to me not having very good sprinters legs, or it might possibly even be the Wattbike itself - it is known to have power lag, but most people talk about that when it's still giving out power for a second or two after you've stopped pedalling, whereas I'm seeing the other side where I'm pedalling hard but not yet getting all the power!

Needless to say, I've had to adapt my sprint finishes to take account of this by starting them earlier and building in to them. To be honest I did kind of cock-up last night as I forgot that the finish line was only just round that right hand bend (usually I'm approaching that line from the pens, not from the T-junction, so I wasn't ready for it) and so I should have started sprinting a good 3-4 seconds earlier, that way I might have been able to overhaul the guy who jumped first.

Last edited:

Spartak