Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I always ride central these days. At least 3ft but more like 5ft from left kerb. Personally I've had much less trouble from drivers by doing this.

Andy, I know you said you hadn’t been riding much recently but have you put on so much weight You now need to ride central? 😛

or is it to all for space to fall into? 😉😀

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I went for a ride yesterday evening, leaving in 32 degrees of heat. On the way back I was caught in a really heavy thunderstorm. It was beautiful, cooled me down and had me smiling the rest of the way home. Only issue was the rivers of flash water running down the side of the road forcing me out towards the middle of the road.
Where was that last week. I was out in up to 38C at times with 50-70% humidity. Even the water from the cold taps was warm xx(

The one day we had any rain it last for about 5 minutes and was warm :cry:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Numbers do seem slightly thin on the ground at the moment. Can’t think why!

@Alongo, @Marino.g, @Milzy, @Norry1, @CXRAndy @peterob @anyone else I can’t think of right now. Fancy it?

It is going to be a fair bit cooler next week so maybe that’ll persuade people. Maybe... :heat:

Also we promised the next one would be flatter than the last couple if that sways people’s mind :angel:
Results so far - 17 voters which seems to capture most of the currently active group members ...
RESULTS
In summary - very close ...
Tuesday 11 ayes
Wednesday 12 ayes

so on that basis I’ll create a meet up for next Wednesday 👍

Alongo

Guru
Results so far - 17 voters which seems to capture most of the currently active group members ...
RESULTS
Tuesday 11 ayes
Wednesday 12 ayes

I voted for both but thought the vote showed who was voting to the surveyor , didn’t realise it was anonymous .

steverob

Guru
I say pick a course that's got quite a hilly second half to get all the lightweights aboard, then secretly set a custom distance on the meetup so that the blue finish line happens about 100 metres after the climbing starts!

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
RESULTS
Tuesday 11 ayes
Wednesday 12 ayes

Ah that’s good news. And to be honest I forgot to vote... so that would of been 18 voters. I guess there’s more people lurking in the shadows than posting :ph34r:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Signed up to a race at 18:00 tonight ... could be a big mistake in this heat! :wacko:
Flippin 'eck, that were hot! I lost the best part of 2kg and that was even with having the air-con unit in the room with me :sweat: Nothing special in the race, got cramp early on so sat up to shake it off, picked up the next group and had a nice cruise to the end.

An interesting sandbagger tonight - someone called Rojas and wearing a Movistar jersey. Others were saying he was a genuine Movistar rider (in Cat C race :laugh:). He was certainly doing his share of pulling early on :tongue: Think it was this chap : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Joaquín_Rojas Came 10th, with an average of 4.68 w/kg ..... surely he needs to be in D if he wants to win :laugh:

Last edited:
Yer I had a race tonight aswell. Blooming warm and I had an air con unit aswell. Think that was working harder than me 😂. Think I’m getting the hang of the bike a bit more now. Put my concern about the delay on the stages fb page and few have said it’s known on ant+ and is being addressed in next update. Tried on Bluetooth as suggested and felt loads better. Tactically my best race in B cat tonight aswell first top 10 finish (only 16 on zpower 😂) but only 1min behind winner and stayed with 2nd group till the end on 36km so we’ll happy with that.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Yer I had a race tonight aswell. Blooming warm and I had an air con unit aswell. Think that was working harder than me 😂. Think I’m getting the hang of the bike a bit more now. Put my concern about the delay on the stages fb page and few have said it’s known on ant+ and is being addressed in next update. Tried on Bluetooth as suggested and felt loads better. Tactically my best race in B cat tonight aswell first top 10 finish (only 16 on zpower 😂) but only 1min behind winner and stayed with 2nd group till the end on 36km so we’ll happy with that.

Glad you're liking the bike - and doing well in races :notworthy: Definitely helped you loads to race in B.

I couldn't get ant+ to work properly with FulGaz so bought a Bluetooth USB stick (couldn't get BT working very well on W10 directly) and now use that all the time even on Zwift. Works perfectly. This is the one I have - cheap as chips. Worth a try?

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07PPV29CY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Glad you're liking the bike - and doing well in races :notworthy: Definitely helped you loads to race in B.

I couldn't get ant+ to work properly with FulGaz so bought a Bluetooth USB stick (couldn't get BT working very well on W10 directly) and now use that all the time even on Zwift. Works perfectly. This is the one I have - cheap as chips. Worth a try?

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07PPV29CY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yer I have one very similar. 👌

bridgy

Legendary Member
RESULTS
Tuesday 11 ayes
Wednesday 12 ayes

Any thoughts on the course Al? As what we're planning to do is essentially a Hare & Hounds style race (as I understand it?) is it worth copying the H&H route this week to get an idea of suitable time gaps between the categories - I appreciate we may have to tweak these slightly for our own use but it should at least give an indication of suitable time gaps?

For example, this weeks's H&H is Watopia Flat and they have D off first, with C starting 7 minutes later, B are at + 10 minutes (so 3 mins after C) and A are + 12 minutes (2 mins after B).

Top Bottom