Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steverob

Guru
Pretty proud of my effort in C. Got myself into the second group on the road and hung on to them until the penultimate lap, when a split happened on the downhill bit (which was a surprise) and I was on the wrong side of it. Three of us tried to sprint our way back on, but I gave up when it hit the uphill again and cruised home - 31st out of 59. If I had held on, I think I'd have finished about halfway in that group, which would have been probably 20th.

Ketty

Über Member
Pretty proud of my effort in C. Got myself into the second group on the road and hung on to them until the penultimate lap, when a split happened on the downhill bit (which was a surprise) and I was on the wrong side of it. Three of us tried to sprint our way back on, but I gave up when it hit the uphill again and cruised home - 31st out of 59. If I had held on, I think I'd have finished about halfway in that group, which would have been probably 20th.
Excellent Steve :okay:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Wow that was a hard race! How did everyone do. I could hardly see the tarmac for ZSUNR jerseys. I managed to stay in the front group but was on the Rev limiter on the last lap. I had planned an all out 30 sec sprint but in the end I had to up the gas a good 60s from the finish and managed to slip my way through the field to around 25th place. Average heart rate was way way up there into hZ4 and max was my max 🤢
Yeah agreed, that was relentlessly hard! Never have I looked so often at the distance to go counter! I was happy to stay with the front group to the end- even if I was right at the back of it! Had nothing left for a sprint finish at all :heat:

Well done all :thumbsup:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Have any of you followed the Zwift Academy training plan? I’m just thinking it might be an idea for some structured training . I see they have an Irish coaching company (Dig Deep Coaching) designing the plan this year who themselves have been using Zwift quite a lot with their own race team.

Have any of you followed the Zwift Academy training plan? I’m just thinking it might be an idea for some structured training . I see they have an Irish coaching company (Dig Deep Coaching) designing the plan this year who themselves have been using Zwift quite a lot with their own race team.
I had done previous years and to me it didn’t seem like there was much structure to it. It was more aimed at the selection of the academy winner to pro level. Think they are taking a new approach this year though so might be worth a go

Edit. There prob was structure to it and with my little knowledge didn’t realise it 😂

Joffey

Big Dosser

I'm gonna give it a go. With me moving into Cat C it seems like a good time to do some structured training and this seems like a good opportunity.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Al
I did 2y ago and found it poor compared to well known training software .This year is supposed to be a marked improvement.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Al
I did 2y ago and found it poor compared to well known training software .This year is supposed to be a marked improvement.
The Zwiftcast (podcast) had an interview with the coaches. It did sound like the focus was more on providing a training plan rather than finding pros, though they will have all of the riders data to use for that should they so wish - still time for us Old boys yet 😂

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/zwiftcast/id1063161736

Alongo

Guru
Thought I’d share on here as might be useful,most have prob have heard of it but some not I guess? Website called intervals.icu hooks up with strava but gives a lot more data. Useful for training. 👍🏼
First time I’ve seen this , thanks Brendan. Just signed up for it and thought I’d test it out in a 10 mile TT on Zwift . I thought I’d start off around 270W for a minute then up it a bit to about 275W, I got a bit carried away and went over 280W for a while and had to ease off slightly.Finished in 23:07 and was pleased with that, but the interesting thing is the was pretty spot on with these three points in the race which it identified as intervals , obviously I didn’t press any lap buttons either. I’ve tried Xert free trial but don’t want to pay for it, so this will make a training programme more interesting, fun or geeky 😀, was getting a bit bored or stale or maybe just that time of year but I think this will help me focus a bit 👍
6D1489F2-63B0-4793-A753-9C75E61FB61E.png

First time I’ve seen this , thanks Brendan. Just signed up for it and thought I’d test it out in a 10 mile TT on Zwift . I thought I’d start off around 270W for a minute then up it a bit to about 275W, I got a bit carried away and went over 280W for a while and had to ease off slightly.Finished in 23:07 and was pleased with that, but the interesting thing is the was pretty spot on with these three points in the race which it identified as intervals , obviously I didn’t press any lap buttons either. I’ve tried Xert free trial but don’t want to pay for it, so this will make a training programme more interesting, fun or geeky 😀, was getting a bit bored or stale or maybe just that time of year but I think this will help me focus a bit 👍 View attachment 546278
The fitness tab is really good aswell let’s you know when’s optimal to race etc. 👍🏼

Top Bottom