Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JuhaL

Guru
You had impressive average speed.
That would be impressive if i can do that alone but that was a group ride in a pace. Not so impressive in that point of view but thank you Randy.

bobinski

Legendary Member
@Del C @bridgy and anyone else doing the TTT- how did it go? I must be a bit odd because I seem to be the only person who likes the Harrogate UCI course. I know it’s lumpy but the climbs are not too long nor too steep. Just about right really. So you can probably tell I had a good ride tonight and you would be right. So pleased after last weeks poor performance. The team did great and we managed to beat our may time by 18 seconds and that was without our other fast B who has now moved up a level. It won’t be enough to join the PL but there is always next time.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Been struggling to get on the bike lately with family commitments and illness. I’ve ridden three times since 20th of August! :sad:

Fortunately I’ve kept the weight off but it sounds like there are a few of us facing challenges at the moment, either weight or power wise. I suppose it’s just all part of the game and we are all faster/fitter than 90% of the population, right?!

Del C

Veteran
@Del C @bridgy and anyone else doing the TTT- how did it go? I must be a bit odd because I seem to be the only person who likes the Harrogate UCI course. I know it’s lumpy but the climbs are not too long nor too steep. Just about right really. So you can probably tell I had a good ride tonight and you would be right. So pleased after last weeks poor performance. The team did great and we managed to beat our may time by 18 seconds and that was without our other fast B who has now moved up a level. It won’t be enough to join the PL but there is always next time.
Tough course but I’m the same as you. I like it!

I’ve often got caught out through easing off after the long ramp at the start and getting dropped on the downhill, but no trouble today.

We dropped one of our team on the longish stepped climb near the end of the first lap and then we stayed together until l got dropped on the same climb 2nd time around. It was bloody annoying because I was closing the gap towards the top and just ran out of road. I was hanging about 5 to 6 seconds behind the rest of the team for a couple of kms but ended up 1 minute down at the finish!

Looked at my power numbers after the race and averaged 251W, the 2nd highest for my team. All but one of them are lighter than me, so the choices seem to be find even more power or cut an arm off............ or something like that! :wacko:

Team currently 70 out of 122 in Frappe on 44.44. Glad your ride was better this week. Thought you said you were too late with your entry and didn’t have a place this week? How did things work out?

No TTT for me next week as I’m down in Cornwall with the family in our bubble of 6 plus 2 infants.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Tough course but I’m the same as you. I like it!

I’ve often got caught out through easing off after the long ramp at the start and getting dropped on the downhill, but no trouble today.

We dropped one of our team on the longish stepped climb near the end of the first lap and then we stayed together until l got dropped on the same climb 2nd time around. It was bloody annoying because I was closing the gap towards the top and just ran out of road. I was hanging about 5 to 6 seconds behind the rest of the team for a couple of kms but ended up 1 minute down at the finish!

Looked at my power numbers after the race and averaged 251W, the 2nd highest for my team. All but one of them are lighter than me, so the choices seem to be find even more power or cut an arm off............ or something like that! :wacko:

Team currently 70 out of 122 in Frappe on 44.44. Glad your ride was better this week. Thought you said you were too late with your entry and didn’t have a place this week? How did things work out?

No TTT for me next week as I’m down in Cornwall with the family in our bubble of 6 plus 2 infants.
Nice👍
I, err, played a few cards and some people got moved around. I think the idea was that as the strongest climber in our team I risked pulling the team apart on the climbs and that did happen and I kept being told to slow and hold back. So I do understand.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Well done on the ride Bob 👍. I'm off TTT duties on Thursdays for now as my son's football training has resumed one of the nights is Thursday. I might be able to make the occasional one though, we'll see.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
That's one competition I'd win :laugh: (Highest number counts yeah?)

😄

What’s surprising for me is that I’ve been drinking at a fairly steady rate recently, l’ve just rekindled my love triangle with party rings and dark chocolate digestives, and I’ve not raced much at all the last few weeks. But I’m not in bad shape at all considering. In fact I’m starting to seriously think vodka is a highly underrated training aid!

Joffey

Big Dosser
😄

What’s surprising for me is that I’ve been drinking at a fairly steady rate recently, l’ve just rekindled my love triangle with party rings and dark chocolate digestives, and I’ve not raced much at all the last few weeks. But I’m not in bad shape at all considering. In fact I’m starting to seriously think vodka is a highly underrated training aid!

Party Rings? They are dangerous!!

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Party Rings? They are dangerous!!

They really are! Everyone knows too many trips to the shop for a sneaky pack of Jaffa cakes and you’ve got a problem. But the party rings are deadly. One minute you’re just eating the broken ones no one else wants. Next minute you’re lying in a puddle of crumbs not really sure what just happened!

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
They really are! Everyone knows too many trips to the shop for a sneaky pack of Jaffa cakes and you’ve got a problem. But the party rings are deadly. One minute you’re just eating the broken ones no one else wants. Next minute you’re lying in a puddle of crumbs not really sure what just happened!
So easy to demolish a full pack of them. One or two just aren’t satisfying.

Top Bottom