Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Much like the few I had for you on the BigringVR Bales ride yesterday. I'd be broke if it was 200 per swear word.

:whistle: You'll hate me even more if you do the Col De La Madeleine :laugh:

The Bales was "Entertaining" When I did the Madeleine in the Goats League, she gave me a right kicking for the last third ... Not had the courage to revisit!!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
First group ride in real life. Really good fun, good social ride at very relaxed pace, good place to learn signals.

Zwift has left me with very soft hands! Blisters on both hands from being on the brakes the whole time :laugh:
Brakes? You mean you're not taking the hairpin corners at 80kph? :laugh:

I'm not great IRL in groups - very nervous riding so close to other's wheels. I've got better the more I do, but must be frustrating when I've ridden with the other CC guys to have me in the chaingang :whistle:

mjd1988

Guru
Brakes? You mean you're not taking the hairpin corners at 80kph? :laugh:

I'm not great IRL in groups - very nervous riding so close to other's wheels. I've got better the more I do, but must be frustrating when I've ridden with the other CC guys to have me in the chaingang :whistle:

Yeah it was a beginner level as I felt very uncertain about how close to be to the rider in front. I'm also like to surge, so need to stop that.

Might do that a couple of times before moving to a faster speed. Better to make mistakes a few mph slower than usual

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Yeah it was a beginner level as I felt very uncertain about how close to be to the rider in front. I'm also like to surge, so need to stop that.

Might do that a couple of times before moving to a faster speed. Better to make mistakes a few mph slower than usual
Found a guy on my wheel Thursday - just dropped down a hill and turned into another short steep hill. I could hear a car behind me so checked over shoulder and saw this bright orange shirted guy surfing my wheel. He didn't let me know so he was there so lucky I checked ... he did then say he hopes I don't mind him getting a rest on my wheel! Hmm ... going into the hill I gradually raised the power - nothing too obviously, just a ramping up whilst staying seated. Got to the top of hill where there was a junction. I stopped, turned around and guy was way off :tongue: I did the honourable thing and waited for him to see if he wanted to sit on my wheel a bit more ... I turned left, he turned right (gasping for breath)..... I guess the answer was no.

Have I been on Zwift too long that I get pleasure riding someone off my wheel? :shy: :cycle:

I was definitely on a good day ^_^

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **

Which club did you go out with?

kipster

Guru

Once you’ve got into it, group riding is almost a natural thing. Tips, don’t watch the rider in front of you, watch the one in front of him/her, don’t half wheel, they won’t like that. Learn not to surge, if they peel off the front, you maintain the speed, the one peeling off slows down. If you ever get the chance do a velodrome session with a coach, it is a great way to quickly learn trust for group riding. Learn the calls, but know that if you jump to another club they will have different calls. If you’re having a bad day, still do work on the front, but keep it to a minimum. If you haven’t already mastered it, you’ll have to practice peeling a banana, removing and putting on a jacket / gilet / arm warmers etc.. while travelling at speed with wheels all around you. Only teasing, best to drop to the back of the group to do it.

Top Bottom