Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
05D5B5B4-C644-4A21-8E31-7D20B27770DE.png

Once you’ve got into it, group riding is almost a natural thing. Tips, don’t watch the rider in front of you, watch the one in front of him/her, don’t half wheel, they won’t like that. Learn not to surge, if they peel off the front, you maintain the speed, the one peeling off slows down. If you ever get the chance do a velodrome session with a coach, it is a great way to quickly learn trust for group riding. Learn the calls, but know that if you jump to another club they will have different calls. If you’re having a bad day, still do work on the front, but keep it to a minimum. If you haven’t already mastered it, you’ll have to practice peeling a banana, removing and putting on a jacket / gilet / arm warmers etc.. while travelling at speed with wheels all around you. Only teasing, best to drop to the back of the group to do it.
@kipster you’re way over complicating it. Just keep the yellow guy in the box at the top of the screen.

Joffey

Big Dosser
First group ride in real life. Really good fun, good social ride at very relaxed pace, good place to learn signals.

Zwift has left me with very soft hands! Blisters on both hands from being on the brakes the whole time :laugh:

I love a group ride. Sometimes in our little firm we have 8-10 and we tootle along with the "car up" "car back" and the secret signs and free speed and free wind protection.

Joffey

Big Dosser
So, my Cat C brothers... :laugh: who is racing on Monday night??? :hyper:

I'll be knackered so I'm good for a 3 min leadout from the start then i'll groupetto it until the end.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I won't be much use to you at the business end anyway! I look forward to our first Cat C together... and I hope I can help somehow!
Which course is it Monday? I'll see how Rach is during the day and if she's not too bad and I think I can join then I will. I'll not be 'racing' though so happy to help you as much as I can. No promises though until the day I'm afraid.

steverob

Guru
I'm sticking to the 3R series on Tuesday nights for now. Even then it's going to be a close run thing - this week that's a day I'm supposed to be in the office, so I've got to make sure I leave work dead on time otherwise there's a good chance I won't get on the fast train home, which will mean missing the start of the race. The week after will be fine, as I'm working from home again then.

Joffey

Big Dosser
I'm sticking to the 3R series on Tuesday nights for now. Even then it's going to be a close run thing - this week that's a day I'm supposed to be in the office, so I've got to make sure I leave work dead on time otherwise there's a good chance I won't get on the fast train home, which will mean missing the start of the race. The week after will be fine, as I'm working from home again then.

Out out on Tuesday or I would have joined you :okay:

Top Bottom