Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Do we have over 10 now for the league? Must be close. @CXRAndy fancy it?

@Milzy
You're joking, not ridden more than a few miles in over 3 months. I'm basically a beginner again:ohmy:. We are in the midst of decorating our own home to sell. Wife is packing anything that doesn't fit her smart dressed home, so turbo is out of bounds for the foreseeable. I now expect next year before I start cycling again :ohmy:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
You're joking, not ridden more than a few miles in over 3 months. I'm basically a beginner again:ohmy:. We are in the midst of decorating our own home to sell. Wife is packing anything that doesn't fit her smart dressed home, so turbo is out of bounds for the foreseeable. I now expect next year before I start cycling again :ohmy:

We’ll put you down as a ‘maybe’ 👍😄

<Tommy>

Paul
Alan
Alongo
Michael
Bob
Tommy

Then?

Brendan
Pete
Ketty
Spartak
Joffey

Those are just rough suggestion for the teams so I hope I’m not offending anyone. The good thing is we can move people around.

Am I missing someone?

edit: apologies @Norry1...

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
WTRL ZWIFT RACING LEAGUE

OK I've gone trhough the replies and I think the following people have said they are up for racing in this league in some form or other (some are up for every race, others have said they would be happy to help out when needed and/or ride in a "second" team. I have ordered everyone in order of 20 minute w/kg as per Zwiftpower, just so we know what we're dealing with. (N.B as I understand it the team squad number can be unlimited, but max team size for each race is 6 riders. Each rider can ride for up to 2 teams):

1. @<Tommy> 4.3w/kg /328w
2. @IrishAl 4.0 w/kg / 311w
3. @bridgy 4.1w/kg / 309w
4. @Alongo 3.9w/kg / 275w
5. @peterob 3.8w/kg / 298w
6. @Norry1 3.8w/kg / 263w
7. @bobinski 3.73w/kg / 269w
8. @mjd1988 3.7w/kg / 311w
9. @Brendan Parker 3.7w/kg / 303w
10. @Spartak 3.5w/kg / 277w
11. @Ketty 3.2w/kg / 260w
12. @Joffey 2.7w/kg / 277w

So, we can enter TWO teams of 12, and sign everyone up for both.

We could then pick a 6 man team for each event, split between our two teams - but with the option of swapping people between teams as needed. There's bound to be weeks when people can't make the race so this would give us maximum strength and flexibility - whilst ensuring everyone gets to race each week.

Thoughts guys?

Ketty

Über Member
WTRL ZWIFT RACING LEAGUE

OK I've gone trhough the replies and I think the following people have said they are up for racing in this league in some form or other (some are up for every race, others have said they would be happy to help out when needed and/or ride in a "second" team. I have ordered everyone in order of 20 minute w/kg as per Zwiftpower, just so we know what we're dealing with. (N.B as I understand it the team squad number can be unlimited, but max team size for each race is 6 riders. Each rider can ride for up to 2 teams):

We could then pick a 6 man team for each event, split between our two teams - but with the option of swapping people between teams as needed. There's bound to be weeks when people can't make the race so this would give us maximum strength and flexibility - whilst ensuring everyone gets to race each week.

Thoughts guys?
Spot on - I’m in! going to be a wild ride in B :wacko:

I like idea of a captain to keep us (me!) right :laugh:

<Tommy>

WTRL ZWIFT RACING LEAGUE

Thoughts guys?

Spot on mate 👍

bobinski

Legendary Member
WTRL ZWIFT RACING LEAGUE

Thoughts guys?

that 269w was a one off on the Bologna course. I am a 250w average so 3.5 W/k.

bridgy

Legendary Member
that 269w was a one off on the Bologna course. I am a 250w average so 3.5 W/k.
OK Bob, fair enough - although it doesn't really matter too much as it was only for general guidance and there's probably similar for others too. The main thing is - are you in? :thumbsup:

Ketty

Über Member
WTRL ZWIFT RACING LEAGUE

Thoughts guys?
Do we need to sign up or will our captain do that :okay:

mjd1988

Guru
WTRL ZWIFT RACING LEAGUE

Thoughts guys?

Great work, I'm in.

Joffey

Big Dosser
WTRL ZWIFT RACING LEAGUE

Thoughts guys?

Yeah, fine with me. Sounds like a laugh... :biggrin:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
WTRL ZWIFT RACING LEAGUE

Thoughts guys?

Thats good work Bridgy and Tommy. It’s tough because theres a lot of riders of similar ability. I think the course and availability might determine the teams, for instance @mjd1988 has a great sprint, and my climbing ability is akin to Andre Greipel.

Can we agree on 2 captains. I’m happy to register one team (and I’d like to get in early on 1st October) as the earlier you enter the higher up the ladder the team will be.

now we just need a clever and witty team name...ideas on a postcard

Top Bottom