Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjd1988

Guru
I’m in but am happy to be very flexible with the teams , not a problem to be in “B” team , will do my best in “A” team. The riding I have been doing recently can hardly be described as training so not feeling very sharp. Oh, and I’ve just been down to London today to meet my new grandson and my daughter , in Bristol , expecting her first child tomorrow , so I can see weekends being tied up travelling up and down the country quite a bit , we live near Leeds .

Congratulations 👏

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Just found this on the BBC iPlayer, might be worth a watch.... :okay:

Time Trial: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000mwqq via @bbciplayer

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Very bad timing but I have just realised I have my flu jab tomorrow afternoon- just before the big race. @<Tommy> I have provided clear documentary evidence of potential adverse effects below so am expecting a particularly generous excuse rating 👍

View attachment 549683

I think to make things easier from now on you guys should give yourselves a score out of 10. And then subtract at least 5 until the score looks a bit more realistic. For reference that would now give you a minus 4 👍.

😂

much as it pains me to say it you really should not race after the jab. Someone we know rode last week post jab and heart rate spike alarmingly- he wasn’t even racing.

Ok... with this new information I guess you can have a minus 3 :rolleyes:. See you on the start line tomorrow night! Looks a bit challenging doesn’t it!

steverob

Guru
Everyone in the 3R Sundown League ready for tomorrow's Queen Stage?

I'm hoping to break into the top 10 in C overall (currently 11th), although that's more to do with the fact that two people ahead of me in the standings haven't signed up yet and so I'm hoping it'll stay that way and I'll overtake them by default!

There's little to no chance I'll actually overtake anyone the traditional way - the one person who I'm closest to in the standings is over 20kg lighter than me so even if I manage the impossible and stay with him on the 3 x Leg Snapper climbs, he'll then completely destroy me on the actual KOM itself. My main aim will probably be to mark those guys who are behind me so that I don't lose any places.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Last edited:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Some may hate him but there is no denying the impact, both good and bad, of

Lance Part 1
Lance Part 2

Not seen either yet, waiting for them to DL. But having seen several longform podcast/vodcast interviews with him, he can sure spin a yarn :unsure::laugh:.

Edit to add

Just found this as well

Geraint Thomas : The Road Will Decide

I watched the Lance programmes this week with Wendy and we both found them fascinating. I was going to post up in here but you best me to it.

I watched the G one a while ago and that is also good :okay:

<Tommy>

According to Zwift insider Lee is one of only three racers in the A cat and 50+

:okay:

Not to take anything anyway from lee who has al my (begrudging) respect. But I think you’ve misread the article.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
⚠️ Zwift game update ⚠️
Sept 28th update details from from Wes Salmon:

Hello Zwifters!

Today we released an update to the game client which further sets the stage for the start of Zwift Academy (kicking off October 1st). In addition, the update includes a number of content additions for upcoming events and as always, bug fixes and improvements.

The update is available for download now for PC, Mac and Android and will appear in the Apple App store for iOS and Apple TV soon.

If you are planning to join an event on your next Zwift session, please make sure you log in a few minutes early to download the update and get access to all the latest features.

Missions and Programs

• Zwift Academy has arrived and this update delivers all the components for Zwift Academy Road, Run and Tri.

Content

• Added or updated numerous kits across cycling and running.

• Updated Pace Partners to inform riders when they join or leave the range of a Pace Partner.

• Added Baby on Board workout collection consisting of shorter workouts for expectant moms or riders who are looking for a less intense, yet still motivating, workout.

Events and Meetups

• Added a filter to show (or hide) Zwift Academy events on the event list.

Bug Fixes and Improvements

• Fixed a bug that caused route badges to not be awarded to riders who completed the Four Horseman and Uber Pretzel routes on Watopia.

• Fixed a bug that caused riders to swerve in steering disabled events when a steering device was paired.

• Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause auto-paired steering devices to not work properly with steering in-game.

• Fixed a crash on MacOS 10.15 due to a folder permission issue. The OS will now prompt the user to update permissions when Zwift launches, and if permission is denied, Zwift will gracefully exit.

• Pace Partners will no longer win segment jerseys.

• Nailed down the remaining bugs with items floating in the air in some parts of the France map.

• Fixed a bug that caused AppleTV to report an incorrect number of paired BLE devices.

• Fixed issues on Android causing Repack Ridge dirt roads to improperly extend into the normal roads.

• Fixed a bug causing the DT Swiss ARC wheels to display both disc brake and rim brakes at the same time.

• Fixed a lighting issue in Yorkshire that would sometimes cause jerseys to have washed out colors.

• Updated numerous workouts to fix typos.

If you happen to hit any issues with this update, please post in the thread below.

See you in Watopia, Ride On! 📷

Ketty

Über Member
Sounds good. 7pm every Tuesday. TTT one week, scratch race the next.
Looking back over last few days I think we have interest confirmed from:-
Moi
@Brendan Parker
@mjd1988
@<Tommy>
@bridgy
@Alongo
@bobinski

Not sure about @peterob @Del C @Norry1 @Spartak or @Brusgaard? I think that’s our active cchat B riders.

@Ketty did you try Team Irl? There’s a couple of chaps looking to form teams for C riders. Alternatively You’d be welcome to race with us as I’m sure there will be weeks when not everyone can make it. We even have enough for 2 ‘B’ teams if some of the chaps listed are up for it, and maybe @Whorty or @Joffey could be tempted?

Good call @<Tommy> on a team manager. It needs to be someone with a heartless nasty streak that doesn’t take excuses. I can think of one person who fits that bill 🤭😂
Hi @IrishAl apologies for the late reply!

I’m certainly up for this; be it a CC/WTRL team or IRL. Are you suggesting I join a CC team at Cat B with you guys as that will certainly be good training but I dont want to let you down?

I’m right in thinking it’s 7pm on a Tuesday?

I’m pretty rubbish about finding the how/what on stuff like this so apologies for the questions! Is WTRL who you guys are going to ride for?

first race the 13th I think.

@Whorty sent me IRL application form so depending on your reply I will then decide - shame we have a gap at CAT C right now

Tim

<Tommy>

Lee is deffo top 50, just to wind Tommy up a little bit :smile:

:laugh:

actually it’s a win / win for me. I like to see lee doing well. Plus the higher up the rankings he is the bigger the scalp!

Ad Micheal said, the article was actually focused on the top 50 guys from A and A+. What it did highlight is how those guys generally win, even though they’re different ages and also weights. Long story short don’t stick your nose in front until you have to!

Top Bottom