Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

mjd1988

Guru
Had a puncture yesterday.

When I got home (walked a mile) I looked at the tyre and saw this....

View attachment 549335

Just shows how much I check my equipment - must do better :wacko:

New bike needed

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
I’ll definitely be interested in a spot in a CC B team in the Zwift league.

Just returned to Zwift this week now that Autumn’s setting in. Hopefully will be up to race speed soon and ready for the league 👍
Good stuff Pete. I thought I saw you last week on Zwift. A few of us are doing the 3R race on a Tuesdays. It’s a rude awakener to how tough B races can be as it’s a packed field full of high quality Zwifters (no names being mentioned) 😛

I gather registration opens on Thursday 1st October and the first 20 teams registered form league B1. As I understand it is those 20 that are the ones fighting for promotion to the next seasons A league, it does seem a bit random that It is first come first served but suppose there is no other way to do it.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Yes a rider can race for a max of 2 teams in a season.

If everyone is happy with the set up we should have 2 teams and go with the strongest 6 available for the ‘firsts’ and that might vary depending on the course parcours. Everyone else who wants to race jumps in with the ‘seconds’.

it would be good as well to have Discord going so we can try and coordinate.
Just trying to catch up with and understand this ZRL stuff and where we're at with it.

Where are we in terms of numbers for people who want to race in B and C teams? Is anyone keeping track as I think we're going to have to register teams soon right?

(And whilst I'd rather we set up a CC team, if for any reason we can't, I will join one of the ZSUN teams instead and the deadline for that is tomorrow so...^_^)

mjd1988

Guru
So am I right in saying the following people are up for riding in a CC team in Cat B?

Me (yes!)
@IrishAl
@<Tommy>
@Alongo
@peterob
@Norry1
@mjd1988
@bobinski

Have I missed anyone? Are all the above definitely up for it?

Was @Brendan Parker on @IrishAl s list as well?

bobinski

Legendary Member
Just trying to catch up with and understand this ZRL stuff and where we're at with it.

Where are we in terms of numbers for people who want to race in B and C teams? Is anyone keeping track as I think we're going to have to register teams soon right?

(And whilst I'd rather we set up a CC team, if for any reason we can't, I will join one of the ZSUN teams instead and the deadline for that is tomorrow so...^_^)

I am in the same boat though the admin is, as i have found, pretty ruthless at Zsunr swapping people around. If, as looks likely, there are too many B's for a single team but too few for 2 teams i can rise for Zsun. Also, i am not one of the faster B's anyway so this may be best anyways.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Some people may be pleased about the following rule...

"A riders starting category in their FIRST race of a season will be used as their effective category for the season. If a rider starts as a C but upgrades to a B, they will be allowed to conitnue the season in that division but may need to move to a higher divisional team the following season. Zwift and WTRL do not believe in punishing a rider and preventing them from riding with their team just because they got better"

mjd1988

Guru
Confirmed squad so far....
  1. @IrishAl
  2. @Brendan Parker
  3. @mjd1988
  4. @<Tommy>
  5. @bridgy
  6. @Alongo
  7. @bobinski
  8. @peterob
  9. @Norry1
@Del C is racing for WTRL

Not sure about @Spartak or @Brusgaard.

We could race as one squad, but as teams are limited to 6 riders that will mean we end up with some riders not getting a race. Two teams is an option, but that could mean the 2nd team not having enough riders if someone is not available.

Not easy!

As a weaker b I don't mind getting bumped if there's enough others signed up. My understanding is I could then just jump on under a different team and ride for the craic anyway? Regardless, not too fussed

Top Bottom