Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Don't you worry @<Tommy> , I'll happily explain to @IrishAl about my time...^_^

I actually did try and hold back on the flat and go as hard as possible on the climb and it does seem to really work when you compare our times. Our avearage watts for the whole thing were nearly identical but on the flat you did 8:23 at 320w, and I did 8:16 at 301w. On the climb you did 9:05 at 322w, and I did 8:41 at 339w. So a lot of time gained/lost on the climb. What bike did you use? I was faster than you on the flat for less watts so I'm assuming you didn't use a TT bike which I did?

Kudos to Tommy and Lee who both absolutely smashed it :notworthy:

Edit: ah I see you used Tron bike - I used Felt TT bike with Zipp 454s
Well done Paul - great time. It isn’t easy holding back but I figured I would try the steady pacing this time just to see the difference. I was constantly looking at the clock counting down to how long I thought I had to go as it’s always tough doing a long interval like that.

i see New Heights absolutely smashed it in B again today. The wee man fairly packs a punch ☺️

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
If you can be part of more than 1 team per league.

If you have more than ten riders register 3 teams so everyone is on a least 2 and almost guaranteed to get a ride, if they are available and want one.
Yes a rider can race for a max of 2 teams in a season.

If everyone is happy with the set up we should have 2 teams and go with the strongest 6 available for the ‘firsts’ and that might vary depending on the course parcours. Everyone else who wants to race jumps in with the ‘seconds’.

it would be good as well to have Discord going so we can try and coordinate.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Well done Paul - great time. It isn’t easy holding back but I figured I would try the steady pacing this time just to see the difference. I was constantly looking at the clock counting down to how long I thought I had to go as it’s always tough doing a long interval like that.

i see New Heights absolutely smashed it in B again today. The wee man fairly packs a punch ☺
48kg??? :eek:

mjd1988

Guru
Yes a rider can race for a max of 2 teams in a season.

If everyone is happy with the set up we should have 2 teams and go with the strongest 6 available for the ‘firsts’ and that might vary depending on the course parcours. Everyone else who wants to race jumps in with the ‘seconds’.

it would be good as well to have Discord going so we can try and coordinate.

Sounds fair

berty bassett

Legendary Member
would have loved to be in the team - even to the point where i have emailed zwiftpower to see what i can do about being demoted
the answer is basically sod all
i am not A material but the maths has me just over the threshold so i am stuck
if there is a work around please don't forget about me :hello:
its lonely :sad:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
would have loved to be in the team - even to the point where i have emailed zwiftpower to see what i can do about being demoted
the answer is basically sod all
i am not A material but the maths has me just over the threshold so i am stuck
if there is a work around please don't forget about me :hello:
its lonely :sad:
Why not have the 1st team in A cat, and the 2nd team in B cat? Then you and Legs can be in 1st team and there are enough B's in CC who are close enough to A to be competitive? The C's and weaker B's can be in the 2nd team.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Why not have the 1st team in A cat, and the 2nd team in B cat? Then you and Legs can be in 1st team and there are enough B's in CC who are close enough to A to be competitive? The C's and weaker B's can be in the 2nd team.
Good suggestion Carl.

Personally I’d not really want to be in the A team getting a kicking each week - I did race A for a brief period at the start of the year and i was Out the back early most races were there was a good turn out.

I know a few of the top Bs here are probably capable of surviving in the A league but I don’t think it’s for me. I know what I’ve suggested is the same for the Cs racing in B. I think our Bs have a really good chance of doing well in the B division , but ultimately if the others want to go for A then I’ve no qualms and will support

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Good suggestion Carl.

Personally I’d not really want to be in the A team getting a kicking each week - I did race A for a brief period at the start of the year and i was Out the back early most races were there was a good turn out.

I know a few of the top Bs here are probably capable of surviving in the A league but I don’t think it’s for me. I know what I’ve suggested is the same for the Cs racing in B. I think our Bs have a really good chance of doing well in the B division , but ultimately if the others want to go for A then I’ve no qualms and will support

No I’m with you. If the majority were in A cat I’d prob join them for the sake of being in the team. But as it is it seems like the majority of the group are in B now so it’s the best cat to go for. Having two teams in the same cat also means we can chop and change between the teams.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I’ve been reinstated into the results for the Bologna tt. 4th place in the race. And Bridgy 7th too. Not too shabby for a couple of middle weights mate! 😄. I’m actually quite pleased with that. Normally I can be a bit hard on myself after the races but I think we did pretty well there even if I do say so myself...

Regarding the team event I’m not part of team cc on zp anymore. Am I right in thinking if I rejoin I’ll be in both teams on zp?

bridgy

Legendary Member
I’ve been reinstated into the results for the Bologna tt. 4th place in the race. And Bridgy 7th too. Not too shabby for a couple of middle weights mate! 😄. I’m actually quite pleased with that. Normally I can be a bit hard on myself after the races but I think we did pretty well there even if I do say so myself...

Regarding the team event I’m not part of team cc on zp anymore. Am I right in thinking if I rejoin I’ll be in both teams on zp?
Yeah you can be in both teams - like I am. You have to choose one as your default, but you can select either team for any particular race you're doing. Message me if you need any help with setting it up on ZP :okay:

bridgy

Legendary Member
I agree with Al and Tommy but I do really feel for Lee. The thing is, Lee is cat A but still isn't particularly competitive in A - the rest of us Bs definitely aren't. Especially in a team event against a full team of Cat As.

It's a real shame though that Lee is caught on the wrong side of the category settings because in reality he's basically right with me, Tommy and Al in most races (unless there's a big hill and then he's off like a whippet!). Wish I had a better suggestion 😕

Top Bottom