Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Can’t lie , I miss you lot ☹ Racing at the minute isn’t the same without the pressures that come trying to grab one of your wheels
I was in the same race and hoped to be seeing someone I knew but no such luck
I know I ain’t in your teams but is there anyway I could be included in results somehow ( as an also rode ? ) it’s good to read and catch up also the banter
Sounds like you all had your own demons last night - and I can vouch for it being scary just how far Paul will dig in and recover
I am out my depth here but finished mid pack ish after clawing a few places back on the last hill and set a few pb so knew I was trying
Good luck all in the new league - I will be keeping an eye out - and keeping a seat warm for anyone who hops over to the dark side

berty bassett

Legendary Member

bridgy

Legendary Member
And me! I am trying to work out if it’s Danny Davito but don’t want to stare at it for too long 😀
Have you decide what you'd like to do re: ZRL @bobinski ? Would be great to have you on board with us, but obviously I understand if you want to race with the (probably more organised!) ZSUNR team, particularly as there's still a few unknowns for us at this stage regarding exact team make-up for our two teams as we're kind of having to make it up as we go along! But your call.....

steverob

Guru
As per usual, if I have anything even approaching a semi-decent race, I'll upload a video and ask you to watch it! Not going to bore you by making you watch the full 85 minutes of course, but have got some links to the highlights below just in case.

View: https://youtu.be/tVKe6WkvbBI

The three attempts up the Leg Snapper - on each of these I'm either trying to chase down or breakaway from M.Koorts :
1) @ 8m 10s; 2) @ 22m 55s; 3) @ 37m 55s

And then the final parts of the KOM, closing in on M.Halliday and then trying to gain as much time as I can over him at the line (I'd watch this at double speed to be honest - makes it more interesting!) :
4) @ 1h 16m 50s

Del C

Veteran
A real mixed bag for me on the 3R Sundown Race yesterday.

First race since my sinuses have started to ease. Apparently its Rhinitis not Sinusitis. It hasn’t cleared yet but I can breathe properly again now!

Got a good enough start and stayed with the front group to around two thirds of the Legsnapper, matching my PB, but then just got gapped and that was that. Annoying, as I probably rode as well in the group as I’ve done and surfed the wheels well.

Got into a second Group on the descent and that group stayed together for the next 2 laps. On lap 2 we almost closed down another small group ahead of us on the Legsnapper. There was another WTRL rider in that group, the gap closed to about 2 seconds, but he got over the top before I could catch him and then bang! The descent kicked in and suddenly that gap shot out to 20 seconds by the time we reached the bridge!

I looked at Strava this morning and estimated that getting gapped on the last 50-100m of the Legsnapper probably cost me 2 minutes having lost the draft of a bigger group.

Got to the bottom of the KoM in the same group of 5 as I’d ridden the last 2 laps and the group slowly splintered. Unfortunately, it was me who got shelled out the back, even though I felt I was a riding ok. The front guy rode away and he took 2 minutes out of me on the climb. The other 3 were around 8-15 seconds ahead of me around half way, but then I started to pull them back. I had a PB on the second half of the KoM and got a lot of joy as I reeled them all back one by one and passed a couple of others.

I was only 8 seconds outside my PB for the KoM, so considering the course and my first race since my rhinitis diagnosis, I was pretty happy with that. 33 out of 43 on ZP was ok.

Been an interesting year on Zwift. Had to stop racing at the start of the year because of my heart scare, lost fitness and struggled in C cat when I got the all clear and returned. Got back to B and got smashed as I couldn’t handle the starts and sharp climbs. I’m now holding my own in the pack on the flats and I’m holding my power for much longer which also helps on the long climbs. I’m doing better on the shorter climbs. The challenge is whether I can improve a bit more on the short sharp climbs like the Legsnapper because that’s where I’m still losing time. Not as much, but if I can just make a small improvement there, I think it’s going to pay back a lot. Maybe easier said than done but its my target now.

Last edited:

mjd1988

Guru
I wonder do we need cc as our primary team for registration? I'm assuming the way the teams are signed up is by linking to the members zwiftpower accounts?

bridgy

Legendary Member
I wonder do we need cc as our primary team for registration? I'm assuming the way the teams are signed up is by linking to the members zwiftpower accounts?
I doubt it'll matter whether CC is your "Primary" team or not, as long as you're a member of that team. We'll have to wait until the registration form comes out tomorrow but my reading of it is we register as many teams as we want - each with a different Captain - but then we just assign any riders from the Cyclechat team to each race each week. The riders chosen for the team would need to add a specific tag to their ZP name and join via a specific link given to them. In other words I don't think we'll need to list all the riders, just register a team and assign a captain initially.

IF I'm reading it right..!

Norry1

Legendary Member
I doubt it'll matter whether CC is your "Primary" team or not, as long as you're a member of that team. We'll have to wait until the registration form comes out tomorrow but my reading of it is we register as many teams as we want - each with a different Captain - but then we just assign any riders from the Cyclechat team to each race each week. The riders chosen for the team would need to add a specific tag to their ZP name and join via a specific link given to them. In other words I don't think we'll need to list all the riders, just register a team and assign a captain initially.

IF I'm reading it right..!

Yep that's all fine ........

but what kits are we using ^_^

bridgy

Legendary Member
Not sure which Team I'm in - @<Tommy> kindly forgot all about me ^_^
Well I think the plan is to register 2 teams. I don't think you have to assign particular riders to the teams when registering - just a Captain. We have 12-13 people interested in taking part, so we can pick 6 people for each team each week.

I think the plan would be to put out a strongest team possible in Team 1 each week from the available riders, with everyone else riding in Team 2. The exact make-up of Team 1 could therefore change depending on rider availability and possibly the strengths/weaknesses of particular riders in relation to that week's course. There's a few of us very close in ability so could be some tricky decisions some weeks so we'll all have to be very grown up about it!

But based on your power figures I think you'll be in Team 1 most weeks if you're available?

Top Bottom