Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Well I think the plan is to register 2 teams. I don't think you have to assign particular riders to the teams when registering - just a Captain. We have 12-13 people interested in taking part, so we can pick 6 people for each team each week.

I think the plan would be to put out a strongest team possible in Team 1 each week from the available riders, with everyone else riding in Team 2. The exact make-up of Team 1 could therefore change depending on rider availability and possibly the strengths/weaknesses of particular riders in relation to that week's course. There's a few of us very close in ability so could be some tricky decisions some weeks so we'll all have to be very grown up about it!

But based on your power figures I think you'll be in Team 1 most weeks if you're available?
Hope it’s hilly 😠

Norry1

Legendary Member
Well I think the plan is to register 2 teams. I don't think you have to assign particular riders to the teams when registering - just a Captain. We have 12-13 people interested in taking part, so we can pick 6 people for each team each week.

I think the plan would be to put out a strongest team possible in Team 1 each week from the available riders, with everyone else riding in Team 2. The exact make-up of Team 1 could therefore change depending on rider availability and possibly the strengths/weaknesses of particular riders in relation to that week's course. There's a few of us very close in ability so could be some tricky decisions some weeks so we'll all have to be very grown up about it!

But based on your power figures I think you'll be in Team 1 most weeks if you're available?

Yep, I'm available - and yep I think I'll sit near the boundary between the 2 teams - assuming I perform roughly as I was, as I've not raced on Zwift for a while. And yep, goes against the grain but I'm sure I'll be grown up about it ^_^

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Not sure which Team I'm in - @<Tommy> kindly forgot all about me ^_^

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
I doubt it'll matter whether CC is your "Primary" team or not, as long as you're a member of that team. We'll have to wait until the registration form comes out tomorrow but my reading of it is we register as many teams as we want - each with a different Captain - but then we just assign any riders from the Cyclechat team to each race each week. The riders chosen for the team would need to add a specific tag to their ZP name and join via a specific link given to them. In other words I don't think we'll need to list all the riders, just register a team and assign a captain initially.

IF I'm reading it right..!
I think that’s right - we will need to add our team name after our name in Zwiftpower. You can also pre-set your team for a particular league/series. I put together a quick tutorial a while back HERE.

Good point @Norry1 on the kit! Here’s a drone shot from one of the recent 3R races from ZwiftInsider. Lots of black, white, yellow.

51FF27ED-2239-470A-9688-D189BA9D9041.jpeg

im thinking we could all (Both teams) go for Basic 4 I keeping with the forum colours ⏬. It’s unlikely both teams will be in the same league anyway as there are only 20 teams per league. Even if we do end up in the same race we should all work together.
83B7B6F3-FD21-4C14-8C28-184156A1152A.jpeg

bridgy

Legendary Member
I think that’s right - we will need to add our team name after our name in Zwiftpower. You can also pre-set your team for a particular league/series. I put together a quick tutorial a while back HERE.

Good point @Norry1 on the kit! Here’s a drone shot from one of the recent 3R races from ZwiftInsider. Lots of black, white, yellow.

View attachment 549956

im thinking we could all (Both teams) go for Basic 4 I keeping with the forum colours ⏬. It’s unlikely both teams will be in the same league anyway as there are only 20 teams per league. Even if we do end up in the same race we should all work together.
View attachment 549967
Like it :okay:

bobinski

Legendary Member

View attachment 549956

View attachment 549967

look at all that lovely distinctive ZsunR kit 😁 And I know that there are some that hate the red shorts, eh Tommy? But it’s always an easy catch the eye in a group ride. So, something distinctive 👍

Last edited:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
OK, I will register and captain team 1, aka “Cyclechat 23”. We need someone to create an account on WTRL to captain and register team 2. “Cyclechat 68“ was suggested as a name 😷

I think we will need to move our posting of race login details to a private conversation rather than on this public thread. This can be done in the forum toolbar above (see pci below). Closer to the time we can set this up. We can keep all of the pre and post race chatter to here.

E49A04E8-0368-4FD9-ACC6-735AB4D8F481.jpeg

OK, I will register and captain team 1, aka “Cyclechat 23”. We need someone to create an account on WTRL to captain and register team 2. “Cyclechat 68“ was suggested as a name 😷

I think we will need to move our posting of race login details to a private conversation rather than on this public thread. This can be done in the forum toolbar above (see pci below). Closer to the time we can set this up. We can keep all of the pre and post race chatter to here.

View attachment 549972
Right. I have now persuaded my wife to possibly do the Tuesday football run if needed time slot dependant. Which as your all probably aware I will be indebted to for a very long time 🙄 considering it’s getting cold.

I have a WTRL account from my TTT days so will volunteer to register team #68, @IrishAl you might need to prompt me if anything else needs doing. 👍🏼

Last edited:

mjd1988

Guru
Right. I have now persuaded my wife to possibly do the Tuesday football run if needed time slot dependant. Which as your all probably aware I will be indebted to for a very long time 🙄 considering it’s getting cold.

I have a WTRL account from my TTT days so will volunteer to register team #68, @IrishAl you might need to prompt me if anything else needs doing. 👍🏼

Cheers Brendan. That FB page looks interesting too. It'll be great to see how many teams sign up. I see someone has suggested that the group's will be streamlined after a couple of races, not sure if that's based on fact or not.

Top Bottom