Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjd1988

Guru
It appears to have been split into 4 tiers, so we would definitely have been close but at the very bottom of div 1. No excuses now for tomorrow’s race.

on a more worrying note I’ve got the invite link for tomorrow’s race but in the Zwift companion app it’s saying the race is EMEA W Div 6. Has the CC#68 crew checked their racer link out?

Our link seems okay to me

bridgy

Legendary Member
It appears to have been split into 4 tiers, so we would definitely have been close but at the very bottom of div 1. No excuses now for tomorrow’s race.

on a more worrying note I’ve got the invite link for tomorrow’s race but in the Zwift companion app it’s saying the race is EMEA W Div 6. Has the CC#68 crew checked their racer link out?
I've queried that with WTRL Al....(I suspect it's just an incorrectly labelled Zwift race)

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
View attachment 554607 View attachment 554608
#23 ⤴...................................#68⤴

On a Thursday I sometimes ride for the Timsbury (TCG) team in the WTRL league which are in the CC#68 ZRL League...!!!!
Although I've never been in the COYP team, I'm usually in COYM or COYL - all very confusing... 😉

EDIT : COYP are quite a strong cat B team, so a good challenge.

Last edited:

Del C

Veteran
I’m a little surprised #23 aren’t in one of the top divisions but having thought about it that should mean we are one of the stronger teams In our division. I notice that the team just above us in our pool made the B1 cut so it must have been close. Hopefully we can be competitive which should be good for team morale rather than taking a kicking each week.
Must check notes with you after tomorrow’s racing, because I suspect we (and particularly me) are in for one of those kickings!

I was hoping we’d be 2nd division as I think we’d have been competitive

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Must check notes with you after tomorrow’s racing, because I suspect we (and particularly me) are in for one of those kickings!

I was hoping we’d be 2nd division as I think we’d have been competitive
I think this mornings announcement will certainly upset our tactics (in a good way) which were simply “try to survive the climbs”. If as expected we are one of the stronger teams then we will have to look at going for sprints, KOMs and even the win.

mjd1988

Guru
I think this mornings announcement will certainly upset our tactics (in a good way) which were simply “try to survive the climbs”. If as expected we are one of the stronger teams then we will have to look at going for sprints, KOMs and even the win.

I think you have a good mix to be honest, from sprinters to pure climbers - there's something for everything including the overall GC. Should be really interesting (hopefully someone will be on hand to video)

bridgy

Legendary Member
I haven't received an email from WTRL confirming this yet but reading comments on the Facebook page it sounds like it may be only top 3 on intermediates scoring points in this race (instead of top 5) - there are 4 intermediates/KOMs each lap, so eight in total throughout the race

Norry1

Legendary Member
I think you have a good mix to be honest, from sprinters to pure climbers - there's something for everything including the overall GC. Should be really interesting (hopefully someone will be on hand to video)

I plan to record again (so long as I don't cock it up) but in the race, we typically split up. Ideally, someone not racing could video the race and hop around between us.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
I haven't received an email from WTRL confirming this yet but reading comments on the Facebook page it sounds like it may be only top 3 on intermediates scoring points in this race (instead of top 5) - there are 4 intermediates/KOMs each lap, so eight in total throughout the race
I read that too. Looking at the early sign-ons in our race I’d be up for going for the early sprint, but think i will want to save myself on the 2nd in favour of getting up the hills. I know if I go into the red for sprint 2 I won’t recover in time. I won’t be near the pace to contest the KOMs so I’ll be aiming to get over them with the group and fight it out for finishing points. I can see teams deploying a sprint train for these early sprints so it will be interesting.

Im working from home today so I’m planning an easy recovery ride around Richmond just after 5pm if that suits anyone? I can throw out a meet up invite.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I read that too. Looking at the early sign-ons in our race I’d be up for going for the early sprint, but think i will want to save myself on the 2nd in favour of getting up the hills. I know if I go into the red for sprint 2 I won’t recover in time. I won’t be near the pace to contest the KOMs so I’ll be aiming to get over them with the group and fight it out for finishing points. I can see teams deploying a sprint train for these early sprints so it will be interesting.

Im working from home today so I’m planning an easy recovery ride around Richmond just after 5pm if that suits anyone? I can throw out a meet up invite.
Send me an invite please Al - if I'm back from work in time I'll join you

peterob

Veteran

Hi Al. Can you send me an invite please. I'll try and join you if I can

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Same please. I’m on now spinning. Probably should if chosen the route we’re doing... maybe I try and watch you guys even if I’m off the bike.

I just changed courses and did a loop of Richmond. Realised which course it is we’re racing... 🤦‍♂️

Those hills... I’ve raced it a couple of times.

There will be blood

(xx()

Top Bottom