Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
My watts are still an average of 25w down compared to 6 weeks ago. That didn't matter too much amidst a big group on the falt but began to tell on each of the climbs where i was a fair bit slower than my best times. I am hoping i make some progress there as the series develops.
You riding the TTT tomorrow?
[/QUOTE]
your not getting any younger 😁

JuhaL

Guru
Is in a market any carbon fibre made walkers with power meter?. I just start to thing my retirement days already ^_^.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Anyone know when we might get some official results? Today perhaps??

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
So do we conclude that you may get promoted from one category to another during the season, but you can’t show higher category number during a race? Or decision made at their discretion? Seems like it’s going to be a constant conversation if it’s the latter.

@BurningLegs, hopefully find out soon eh!

BurningLegs

Veteran
No idea. To be honest I don't know what basis they could have DQd him on. I thought the rules were quite clear, you race the series in whatever cat you start it in. The rules explicitly state that riders who move up a cat can continue to compete for the rest of the series!

Norry1

Legendary Member
No idea. To be honest I don't know what basis they could have DQd him on. I thought the rules were quite clear, you race the series in whatever cat you start it in. The rules explicitly state that riders who move up a cat can continue to compete for the rest of the series!

Yes, but I think that is all "within reason". They allow a decent margin of error - but if it looks too extreme they DQ people. I think they have an algorithm(s) to try and detect this.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I think it would be something like this ...... I'm C and race about 3 - 3.1 w/kg. My HR is always up high so if I squeeze into B by pushing just over the limits I'd be OK as I've never shown that I was a B sandbagging. But, if I had been suspected of cruising in C then jump to 3.4/3.5 w/kg in a race then I was clearly always a B and just sandbagging.

We've seen this before in DBR and IRL; in both we had a rider who was winning easily in C but staying just in the cat limits. Then they did a crit that accidentally bumped them up to B. Their next B race they were pushing 3.5+ w/kg (one guy was pushing 3.7) for an hour so they were clearly always a B but holding back in C to win.

It must be really hard for the organisers to spot, but there are loads doing it. On the FB page at the moment there are many C's complaining of riders winning with A numbers, but these guys were 'C' going into the league. Crazy!

Top Bottom