Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
I vote for a vote. Survey anyone?...

SURVEY?? :hyper:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Photo Winner
Because I use a vintage bike for the turbo and can't find cleats that fit it (/haven't looked at all) I just cycle in my trainers in the turbo. Wonder how many watts I'm missing there
Clip in pedals are overrated and are Just one part of the marginal gains bunkum pushed by Brailsford and the pro cycling world trying to sell more fancy hardware. Standard trainers (or gutties as we call them) all the way!! 😂

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Unfortunately I doubt it is subtracting as many watts as my wheel-on trainer may adding!
There is part of me that hopes when I move to turbo bike or direct drive I'll be world class but...I doubt it

Ah don’t worry about it. The beauty of zwift is that there’s always someone slower than you, and everyone faster than you is obviously gaming the system!👌👍

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Unfortunately I doubt it is subtracting as many watts as my wheel-on trainer may adding!
There is part of me that hopes when I move to turbo bike or direct drive I'll be world class but...I doubt it
When I started I had an old hybrid bike, no fan, flat pedals, unpadded shorts, on a Bkool Pro trainer. On Bkool I got myself up to 300 watts for a 30 minute blast on the velodrome.

Switched to newer bike, SPD pedals, padded shorts, NEO trainer, with fan and it dropped to 220 ish. I'm still not sure if it was the pedals or the padded shorts that lost me all those watts :tongue:

I do have days I wish I'd kept the Bkool trainer :laugh:

JuhaL

Guru
My indoor history started early 2000 when i had Tacx Cycleforce Basic and Trek 5500 bike, no fan either. It was very primitive trainer. From remote you could change slope or resistance but no programming, all had to do manually. Those days i was better shape than now and now i have power meter, smart trainer etc... :blush:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
My indoor history started early 2000 when i had Tacx Cycleforce Basic and Trek 5500 bike, no fan either. It was very primitive trainer.

@bobinski, care to talk us through your first turbo trainer?

Top Bottom