Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Yeah, that's what I was wanting. Might give me a better idea of where our lads are on the road than relying on Discord etc which I'm sure will crash.
I tend to have the companion app open, and on the riders close by I have the 'friends' tab. Can't see exactly where people are but I can see if they are ahead or behind me which is really useful for me.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Enjoyed the racing this evening. Well done on your debut @CMaguire - the starts are tough aren’t they!

A tad disappointing for me - stuck with the front group through the first lap (just!) and felt good with a feather in the power up pocket for the KOM at the start of second lap. Was going to try and scoop up some points on that KOM but got out of the saddle to put more power down and the resistance instantly went from the trainer 😢

So for the entire second lap I effectively rode with a dumb trainer and power meter. I was maxing out at about 4.5w/kg in my toughest gear and a high cadence so no chance of getting back into front group but manage to nurse it home in the second group and got 42nd (I think). Overall disappointing because I was well suited to this course and could/should have been top 30.

And the worst thing? @Del C completely ghosted me 😝A couple of my comments “WTRL, DS Derek says get into the grupetto” and “Derek, Derek, give us a wave” went completely unanswered 🙈

Del C

Veteran
And the worst thing? @Del C completely ghosted me 😝A couple of my comments “WTRL, DS Derek says get into the grupetto” and “Derek, Derek, give us a wave” went completely unanswered 🙈

I didn’t see the grupetto comment, but I saw the ‘give us a wave’ one and started laughing.

I was going to reply, but forgot to use the Companion App - I was staring at the main Zwift screen for some reason.

That was a tough race. We had 4 riders finish in the top 20. You were going well and I could see you up there with the lead group until you fell back on lap 2.

I was ridiculously enjoying being the DS. The team said I did well, apart from the time I told them they had just 400kms to the top of the last climb - that caused a bit of surprise! 🤦‍♂️:laugh:

Last edited:

mjd1988

Guru
No technicals for 68 as far as I'm aware which is a world first!

Really strong riding from @Girafitti on debut, seems like you and Connor both did us proud first time out.

Delighted with that personally as felt like I had an issue with every race last time around. Foot was a total non issue (altho I'll see how it is tomorrow) but had been bad all day, maybe the adrenaline just got me through.

Held with first group up first two climbs just outside the top 10, held on as far as Libby second time around then wheelsucked a fella who brought us into a little group. Think I got top 5 (possibly second) on monument and was 6th fastest time overall when I went through the second time.

Very little left in the tank for the end but top 30, closely followed by girafitti and @Ketty

Not sure how everyone else fared @bobinski and @Brendan Parker but @steverob was in the points at the end, did a great job.

Felt good, will keep an eye on primes going forward, I think Brendan was close to some points as well on the primes?

Ketty

Über Member
No technicals for 68 as far as I'm aware which is a world first!

Really strong riding from @Girafitti on debut, seems like you and Connor both did us proud first time out.

Delighted with that personally as felt like I had an issue with every race last time around. Foot was a total non issue (altho I'll see how it is tomorrow) but had been bad all day, maybe the adrenaline just got me through.

Held with first group up first two climbs just outside the top 10, held on as far as Libby second time around then wheelsucked a fella who brought us into a little group. Think I got top 5 (possibly second) on monument and was 6th fastest time overall when I went through the second time.

Very little left in the tank for the end but top 30, closely followed by girafitti and @Ketty

Not sure how everyone else fared @bobinski and @Brendan Parker but @steverob was in the points at the end, did a great job.

Felt good, will keep an eye on primes going forward, I think Brendan was close to some points as well on the primes?
31/81 for me and I think 11/81 on KOM which will be very annoying!!

great riding #68:okay:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Things going well on the WTRL website :whistle:

39th on the road overall, as much as I knew it was coming that start totally kicked the S@@t out of me, managed to stay with the second group but still hadn’t recovered enough for the fastest through sprint on first lap so left it. Stayed with second group until second round of climbs, was with @Ketty @Girafitti until I got dropped on climbs. Got in with a nice group. Had an aero and recovered ok so was lining up a blast on the second lap sprint. Gave it all I had and come 12th I think ☹️. Happy overall.
well done everyone. 👍🏼👍🏼

steverob

Guru
Well I went for a lovely pootle around Richmond this evening. There may have been a race on at the same time, not sure - I basically didn't see anyone after the steep bit of the first climb started!

But the fact that not every team started with the full compliment of riders meant I was already going to get more than one point, and then overtaking a few riders that were stationary by the side of the road at various points round the course gave me 77th, which was worth four points - result! Looking forward to not having to race in B category next week though... ^_^

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Didn't pay attention at the start, so started with only 150W rather than the 330-350 I had planned ... So there went the first couple of groups, clawed my way up to about 30-40th over the climbs, in a reasonable group, saw Richard Robinson (FCCC) 2 Seconds up the road in another group, and tried for half a lap to bridge ... Lost them on the start of lap two, then it was D Lane and I in a group of 5/6 with a couple of IRL 3 riders for the remainder. Tucked in as much as I could on the final flat stuff, and waited and waited, then as everyone started playing powerups and streching for home, I played a blinder hit 4W/Kg ... and played the Aero power up I had been saving to pass 3 of them just at the line, should have been 4 but ZP gave the position to an IRL rider :sad:

Totally Knackered

Top Bottom