Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjd1988

Guru
Hope 23s results end up okay, if they are on zwiftpower should be okay?

How'd team CCC get on?

bridgy

Legendary Member
Team #23 results have finally appeared- phew! We only managed 15th in our league- obviously not helped by only having 4 finishers.

However, the league results aside I'm personally really pleased with that race - I actually got some intermediate sprint points which I definitely wasn't expecting! And I was really pleased to stay in the front group for most of the final climb and finish 16th.

Great ride from Nick who finished 3 places ahead of me - we were together for most of the climb which was nice!

Martin and Andy obviously gave it their all as always and snapped up some minor points. Unfortunately Al couldn't finish, but sounds like he had a good go at the first sprint - so hopefully signs of your form gradually starting to improve again Al :okay:

Well done everyone- I think we can all agree that was a tough one!

Ketty

Über Member
Team #23 results have finally appeared- phew! We only managed 15th in our league- obviously not helped by only having 4 finishers.

However, the league results aside I'm personally really pleased with that race - I actually got some intermediate sprint points which I definitely wasn't expecting! And I was really pleased to stay in the front group for most of the final climb and finish 16th.

Great ride from Nick who finished 3 places ahead of me - we were together for most of the climb which was nice!

Martin and Andy obviously gave it their all as always and snapped up some minor points. Unfortunately Al couldn't finish, but sounds like he had a good go at the first sprint - so hopefully signs of your form gradually starting to improve again Al :okay:

Great results :wahhey:

Del C

Veteran

I was DS again tonight.

The start was absolutely brutal.

Saw you and NIck several times in the race and sent a message to NIck advising him to slow down, but it never appeared on the screen.

We had 2 riders together on the KoM as well. Our front guy came in 10th and he was in the group with you and NIck for a long way before he broke away and reeled Nick in just before the line. Our 2nd guy home was 24th.

It was a good one to watch!

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
I'm just jumping in the shower, I'll let one of the other lads describe the torment of that climb!! :laugh:

Just finished.... 🤣

bobinski

Legendary Member
Bad day at the office for me largely the result of NEO a moving way outside its 5 degrees of lateral movement. 31 minutes up the climb 😂 Just a bit slower than my ( humble brag time😁) pb of 22-13. Strangely, despite the wholly unfair suggestion offered here previously that I drop out of races, I finished! Albeit 76th 😳
Well done all! Some strong performances from all 3 teams 👍

Joffey

Big Dosser

Ouch. Interesting(ish) story:

When I first started out on Zwift and joined you guys back on 17 Jan 2020 we did this course on Tour de Zwift. I can remember battling round and being in utter agony with the course taking me 1:51:20 and the climb 49:04. That got me the bottom place on the league but I was still proud as punch. I'd done it and it was nails.

Fast forward to 26 Jan 2021. 4,500 Strava miles in my legs thanks to Covid lockdown and, thanks to this forum and you chaps in it, still Zwift racing. Went round the course in 1:13:26 and did the climb in 28:19.

Now I'm not bragging, just showing that even the most lost of causes can improve. This wasn't just my work, some of you have really helped:

@Ketty who drives me to keep doing more and improve, @steverob my racing buddy in Cat D right from the start, JB (Jason Bartram DBR) who would hammer me on every race giving me the motivation to keep going, @<Tommy> for the encouragement, @bridgy for organising the leagues (and others who helped @IrishAl too), @mjd1988 for organising CC#68 which has brought me on, @BurningLegs for the nutritional advice and finally everyone in CCC Team - I'm loving this season. I will have missed some people, but if you have interacted with me a fair bit on here you are someone as to which I owe thanks. :okay:

Sorry for the weepy and woke Oscar acceptance speech there. Just my way of saying thanks. You lot might not realise it but without trying and by just being involved you have really helped a fat lad from Yorkshire get a lot fitter than he was in a year. I've struggled with the old mental health and cycling has honestly saved my marriage, if not my life. You are all part of that. Cheers lads :okay:

Now that's far too much oversharing, back to p155 taking. ^_^

bridgy

Legendary Member
View attachment 570768

Ouch. Interesting(ish) story:

When I first started out on Zwift and joined you guys back on 17 Jan 2020 we did this course on Tour de Zwift. I can remember battling round and being in utter agony with the course taking me 1:51:20 and the climb 49:04. That got me the bottom place on the league but I was still proud as punch. I'd done it and it was nails.

Fast forward to 26 Jan 2021. 4,500 Strava miles in my legs thanks to Covid lockdown and, thanks to this forum and you chaps in it, still Zwift racing. Went round the course in 1:13:26 and did the climb in 28:19.

Now I'm not bragging, just showing that even the most lost of causes can improve. This wasn't just my work, some of you have really helped:

@Ketty who drives me to keep doing more and improve, @steverob my racing buddy in Cat D right from the start, JB (Jason Bartram DBR) who would hammer me on every race giving me the motivation to keep going, @<Tommy> for the encouragement, @bridgy for organising the leagues (and others who helped @IrishAl too), @mjd1988 for organising CC#68 which has brought me on, @BurningLegs for the nutritional advice and finally everyone in CCC Team - I'm loving this season. I will have missed some people, but if you have interacted with me a fair bit on here you are someone as to which I owe thanks. :okay:

Sorry for the weepy and woke Oscar acceptance speech there. Just my way of saying thanks. You lot might not realise it but without trying and by just being involved you have really helped a fat lad from Yorkshire get a lot fitter than he was in a year. I've struggled with the old mental health and cycling has honestly saved my marriage, if not my life. You are all part of that. Cheers lads :okay:

Now that's far too much oversharing, back to p155 taking. ^_^
@Joffey that's an incredible improvement mate and definitely something to share (and even brag about!). It's really inspiring to know what huge fitness gains you can make in a relatively short time by pushing yourself and sticking at it. I've always been a big believer in having some mates to race against (in a friendly way of course!) as it can really push you on in a way nothing else can!

Unfortunately for me I made all my big gains a few years ago now and the best I can hope for is to try not to go backwards :rolleyes: , but that's fine and still a challenge I enjoy - and it's really great to see the improvements you've made :thumbsup:

steverob

Guru
Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me? On Strava all of the segments on my Zwift rides apart from the "official" ZwiftInsider ones have disappeared. I know Strava made a whole bunch of virtual segments private about a year ago to cut down on the amount being created, but they didn't do a full cull like this, especially without any prior warning.

Top Bottom