Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Cracking effort from 68 tonight-well done boys!

mjd1988

Guru
Cracking effort from 68 tonight-well done boys!

You took a lot of enjoyment in our pain Bob! But really good job; made sure we definitely left nothing on the road.

Some monster turns by everyone, Stayed as a 5 until the last 10km and then it got even more painful:laugh:

Caught two teams on the road (just about) so definitely think we'll have done really well. And happy birthday @Girafitti!

Del C

Veteran
Well I thought I should pop in here and congratulate #23 on a great recovery after a poor start and a deserved survival in Div 2. I think you'll do better in ZRL3 if you carry on that way.

A disaster for WTRL Wanderers as we ended with a DQ. One of our riders has upgraded to A. This was his 5th start, but he only completed 4 rides as his second ride ended with a mechanical. I hadn't noticed this and put him in the team tonight. For some reason, his 2nd ride doesn't show at all, not even as a DNF. I've appealed and sent in his Strava file for the ride, but I'm not expecting to get anywhere.

Its a big letdown as the team really put in a big performance tonight and we'd have finished 3rd on the night, but that would only have got us 3rd in the league. As it is, we've finished 5th.

I 'm hoping to ride a bit more in ZRL3. That should drag them down a bit. And we're probably going to lose 2 riders to upgrades, so some more rebuilding required.

Haven't had time to look at #68 and CCC yet. Hope you guys had a good night as well.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Well I thought I should pop in here and congratulate #23 on a great recovery after a poor start and a deserved survival in Div 2. I think you'll do better in ZRL3 if you carry on that way.

A disaster for WTRL Wanderers as we ended with a DQ. One of our riders has upgraded to A. This was his 5th start, but he only completed 4 rides as his second ride ended with a mechanical. I hadn't noticed this and put him in the team tonight. For some reason, his 2nd ride doesn't show at all, not even as a DNF. I've appealed and sent in his Strava file for the ride, but I'm not expecting to get anywhere.

Its a big letdown as the team really put in a big performance tonight and we'd have finished 3rd on the night, but that would only have got us 3rd in the league. As it is, we've finished 5th.

I 'm hoping to ride a bit more in ZRL3. That should drag them down a bit. And we're probably going to lose 2 riders to upgrades, so some more rebuilding required.

Haven't had time to look at #68 and CCC yet. Hope you guys had a good night as well.
Thanks Del - yeah it was one of those rides that felt a bit messy, but it seemed to work out OK!

We also got into a right tangle with another team towards the end - they passed us, then slowed right down so after waiting for a bit we decided to pass them back - and then they passed us again! And it just went on like that until we went over the finish line all mixed up together!

Sorry about your team's DQ - that does sound a bit harsh so good luck with your appeal.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Belting rides from CCC and #23! Well done guys - really ending the series on a high.

Really fun being part of the #68 effort - thank you for the welcome to the fold!

BurningLegs

Veteran
It has been good to see the new team members doing so well this series. Well done to @CMaguire @straas @Legs @Girafitti @Mrfitzroy - hopefully I haven’t forgotten anyone! ☺️

No doubt we will do a bit of a role call for the next season and hopefully you’ve all enjoyed it and will be interested in continuing.

With numbers as they are there will likely be some rotation in the teams next season, for members new and old.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Well done to #23, #68 and CCC for a great Season 2 in ZRL. It's been great watching all of our teams race, do well and support each other along the way.

I'm proud of what we have done in CCC. I thought a C team might get 4 or 5 riders but we have needed up with 9 - we all have different abilities and some have raced more than others but every week we have riders who are on Discord supporting the 6 who are racing. For the last few weeks we have had 9 on and we all wait until the last rider crosses the line before logging off which is a lovely touch.

Hopefully we are in a good place to push on in S3 and maybe threaten that top 3 whilst also trying to give everyone as many rides as possible.

Hopefully some of us don't do anything silly like getting upgraded to B from now until 6th April :laugh: - I'm going to do the IRL series starting this Friday so I doubt I will, the field so far doesn't seem big enough for any crazy ZRL volcano efforts!!

So, well done @Whorty, @Aleman, @steverob, @JLaw, @DCLane, @LeetleGreyCells, @Spartak & @Marino.g - great work men :notworthy:

Last edited:

steverob

Guru
For anyone interested in how CCC got on last night, here's our video from my perspective (already posted on our thread, but thought I'd share it here as well):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiOxh6Zj4dw

We had a little bit of trouble forming the group out of the pens, but once we did, we were flying. No set rotation or anything fancy like that, just tried to keep it together as a group and it wasn't until three quarters of the way round that we lost a rider, and that was more down to sticky draft than anything. It was a little disheartening knowing that the three teams starting directly behind us were the best three at TTTs in our division, but not much we can do about them really - our plan was to let them overtake when they caught us and just concentrate on our own performance.

Interestingly I was only 47 seconds slower than I was when we did this TTT in last year's WTRL league, which considering that was a team that was mainly B's and a few C's, I think is a really impressive performance by the group. Okay, so on that first ride I did get dropped not long after the second pass of the start banner, so obviously I was going to go a lot faster over the last 7km this time still being in the group, but I'll gloss over that!

Norry1

Legendary Member
Well done to #23, #68 and CCC for a great Season 2 in ZRL. It's been great watching all of our teams race, do well and support each other along the way.

I'm proud of what we have done in CCC. I thought a C team might get 4 or 5 riders but we have needed up with 9 - we all have different abilities and some have raced more than others but every week we have riders who are on Discord supporting the 6 who are racing. For the last few weeks we have had 9 on and we all wait until the last rider crosses the line before logging off which is a lovely touch.

Hopefully we are in a good place to push on in S3 and maybe threaten that top 3 whilst also trying to give everyone as many rides as possible.

Hopefully some of us don't do anything silly like getting upgraded to B from now until 6th April :laugh: - I'm going to do the IRL series starting this Friday so I doubt I will, the field so far doesn't seem big enough for any crazy ZRL volcano efforts!!

So, well done @Whorty, @Aleman, @steverob, @JLaw, @DCLane, @LeetleGreyCells, @Spartak & @Marino.g - great work men :notworthy:

View attachment 576802

Brilliant - that is what it is all about :okay:

Norry1

Legendary Member
For anyone interested in how CCC got on last night, here's our video from my perspective (already posted on our thread, but thought I'd share it here as well):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiOxh6Zj4dw

We had a little bit of trouble forming the group out of the pens, but once we did, we were flying. No set rotation or anything fancy like that, just tried to keep it together as a group and it wasn't until three quarters of the way round that we lost a rider, and that was more down to sticky draft than anything. It was a little disheartening knowing that the three teams starting directly behind us were the best three at TTTs in our division, but not much we can do about them really - our plan was to let them overtake when they caught us and just concentrate on our own performance.

Interestingly I was only 47 seconds slower than I was when we did this TTT in last year's WTRL league, which considering that was a team that was mainly B's and a few C's, I think is a really impressive performance by the group. Okay, so on that first ride I did get dropped not long after the second pass of the start banner, so obviously I was going to go a lot faster over the last 7km this time still being in the group, but I'll gloss over that!

Likewise - here is the #23 Vid
View: https://youtu.be/BXGQ2MDuRFE

Top Bottom