Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I’ll look forward to seeing it built. I’ve been tempted to get a Chinese frame and then get it painted over here. £200 is bloody cheap. What’s it made of?
Well this is the model and seller ... Unfortunately It went up by £17 from when I found it and started asking questions to when I placed the order :cry: No mention of what carbon is used in the lay up

Not sure if it's unpainted or just finished in Matte Black, still got a great frame painter up here :smile:

rame-carbon-fibre-racing-disc-bicycle.jpg_Q90.jpg_.jpg

I was looking at a Blue/Purple Chameleon SL-7 Clone frame but £617 was a bit steep :sad: although the SL-7 does retail at £4500.

I've gone for a pair of 28mm wide 45/60mm deep whooshy wheels from elite wheels ... althoujgh I supect that the YAn RD-07 hubs will be swapped out it they are as noisy as they seem on "Luke's" videos :laugh::laugh:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Well this is the model and seller ... Unfortunately It went up by £17 from when I found it and started asking questions to when I placed the order :cry: No mention of what carbon is used in the lay up

Not sure if it's unpainted or just finished in Matte Black, still got a great frame painter up here :smile:

View attachment 591252

I was looking at a Blue/Purple Chameleon SL-7 Clone frame but £617 was a bit steep :sad: although the SL-7 does retail at £4500.

I've gone for a pair of 28mm wide 45/60mm deep whooshy wheels from elite wheels ... althoujgh I supect that the YAn RD-07 hubs will be swapped out it they are as noisy as they seem on "Luke's" videos :laugh::laugh:

Excellent! I’ll follow this with interest for sure.

I don’t know if you’ve seen this thread on weightweenies:

https://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=113717

But it might be worth a look. I think sometimes these frames have quality control issues. Not insurmountable issues. But if there were a small problem somewhere it might be something those guys have experienced and can talk you through.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Legs still a bit sore from the long walk, but I'm up early, had breakfast and coffee, and getting ready for a bimble outside today. Gonna be a hot one guys, take lots of water with you :okay:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
My First Road Race of the year yesterday - a British Masters event at Welland, near Malvern.

My Blog is here if anyone is interested

https://norryscyclingstuff.weebly.com/blog

Good write up mate. Judging from your Strava stats the pack was flying along. It must of been a fantastic buzz!

“This was a lesson I needed to internalise – that even when I feel bushed, I can recover reasonably quickly so just keep going”

I think this is a really useful point too. It’s something I try and keep in my head. Both telling yourself in moments of suffering you can still bounce back given the chance. And internalising that thought, so you can remind yourself of it when it starts getting a bit uncomfortable.

bobinski

Legendary Member
My First Road Race of the year yesterday - a British Masters event at Welland, near Malvern.

My Blog is here if anyone is interested

https://norryscyclingstuff.weebly.com/blog

Martin, good write up and well done. Good to see the training working on recovery from efforts 👍 Can you please invest in a go pro for the next one though 😁

Norry1

Legendary Member
Good write up mate. Judging from your Strava stats the pack was flying along. It must of been a fantastic buzz!

It was. Not quite as quick as when I used to race motor bikes, but pretty much as exciting at times. I've just looked at the detail and the average speed was 23.6 mph once the neutralised sector finished and we were racing properly. Pretty similar to Zwift averages ^_^

Top Bottom