Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I tried to do a traineroad session as threatened but I got an anti virus pop up half way through a ftp test and the bloody software crashed... super pissed off... I was on borrowed time as my daughter’s bedtime was coming round fast, I thought I’d just try zwift instead. Joined Lee and Paul for a bit before I ran out of time.

Fair play boys, three laps of that must of been pretty brutal! I hope I didn’t distract you.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Tommy, your luck seems to be short supply at present.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Just looked and I had max heart and ftp was set to zero so somewhere down the line they have been reset.
I've just manually set the ftp to 250 and will see what difference it makes.
I would have thought a zero should have made it ver easy.
Weird - hope you get it sorted. I've done a couple of zwift training sessions and quite like them. Worth the effort to get it working :okay:

bridgy

Legendary Member
I'm so rubbish at keeping track of who's around me on Zwift! I genuinely didn't notice @berty bassett during the race at all, and then a friend has just sent me this random screenshot from the race on Facebook and there you are just ahead of the rider in front of me :wacko:

Screenshot_20171205-213134.jpg

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Thanks Andy - that was really tough! Well done Lee you finished 9 places and a minute and a half quicker than me
I saw we were neck and neck up the hill first time and was fully expecting you to go sailing by going down the other side - I knew there was a little kick up the last bit of the hill and I managed to keep with the pack and stream down the other side - I can only guess you just missed the pack and had to work harder - your wt/kg were higher than mine and I know you would normally be streets ahead - it’s brought it home to me how much a pack helps !

bridgy

Legendary Member
I saw we were neck and neck up the hill first time and was fully expecting you to go sailing by going down the other side - I knew there was a little kick up the last bit of the hill and I managed to keep with the pack and stream down the other side - I can only guess you just missed the pack and had to work harder - your wt/kg were higher than mine and I know you would normally be streets ahead - it’s brought it home to me how much a pack helps !
Yeah - I am actually starting to think Zwift have over - done it a bit with regards how much benefit you get from being in a group vs not. What I don't get is that even the guy on the front of the group doesn't have to be doing anywhere near the watts of a solo rider trying to break away or catch the group - that's how it seems anyway.

That's not to take anything away from your ride - you did it where it counted!

Whorty

Yeah it seems like it’s a bit like that at the moment! But It’s all relative really mate. A couple of minutes watching my daughter re invent the rules to snakes and ladders soon put the smile back on my face :smile:.
:okay: family, the important things in life :okay:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Yeah - I am actually starting to think Zwift have over - done it a bit with regards how much benefit you get from being in a group vs not. What I don't get is that even the guy on the front of the group doesn't have to be doing anywhere near the watts of a solo rider trying to break away or catch the group - that's how it seems anyway.

I did a couple of tiny stints at the front and soon slowed the pack down ! I was soon behind again :angry:^_^

Whorty

This is what I saw last week in the World Trials race. I was cruising in a pack of at least 40+ riders at over 50kph for ages. I can't even hit that speed when on my own or in a small group. Lots of PBs in that ride so definitely a massive advantage in Zwift when in large groups on flat courses.

The 'power up' game things also give a big boost, albeit short lived. On the hills tonight I had a 'feather' power. I was on a 11% section, doing 9kph at about 240 watts. Hit the power up, and with no extra effort my speed shot up to 12kph and the Pro recorded watts of 330 (as it just matches watts to speed of the terrain). I flew past loads of guys who had only just easily rode past me. I bet I gained 20 seconds on that section.

In races the power ups are sometimes banned, but not all races. This causes some riders to get annoyed as some play the game of trying to get the aero power up and take it into races. This power gives a huge advantage apparently during the final sprint and can be the difference between winning and losing a race.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Yeah it seems like it’s a bit like that at the moment! But It’s all relative really mate. A couple of minutes watching my daughter re invent the rules to snakes and ladders soon put the smile back on my face :smile:.
Some of the new rules that get invented when it’s all going wrong are priceless - just don’t read the little match girl to her - it’s bleeding horrible and was my daughters favourite book - got to the point I would hide it then have to “help” look for it ^_^ happy days

bridgy

Legendary Member
This is what I saw last week in the World Trials race. I was cruising in a pack of at least 40+ riders at over 50kph for ages. I can't even hit that speed when on my own or in a small group. Lots of PBs in that ride so definitely a massive advantage in Zwift when in large groups on flat courses.

The 'power up' game things also give a big boost, albeit short lived. On the hills tonight I had a 'feather' power. I was on a 11% section, doing 9kph at about 240 watts. Hit the power up, and with no extra effort my speed shot up to 12kph and the Pro recorded watts of 330 (as it just matches watts to speed of the terrain). I flew past loads of guys who had only just easily rode past me. I bet I gained 20 seconds on that section.

In races the power ups are sometimes banned, but not all races. This causes some riders to get annoyed as some play the game of trying to get the aero power up and take it into races. This power gives a huge advantage apparently during the final sprint and can be the difference between winning and losing a race.
I must admit I haven't really found that with power ups - at times I wonder if they're doing anything at all! (I know they are, just doesn't seem like it)

Top Bottom