Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Worth adding, if there are any segments that are used in the league where I seem to have too fast times, someone tell me and i'll try and track those rides down - if that ride looks like an outlier, and wasn't a race where I was in a large group and hence drafting played a part, I'll delete the ride. I don't take much notice of Strava and segment times and when the Pro is playing up I still ride on (but not in races!!) so I probably do still have some dodgy times in Strava.

:okay:

I will look at my hill and mountain climbs. I will be doing them all over next 10days as I chase the Tron bike so hopefully will beat any old bkool times.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Good idea Bob - let's do a deal - I'll stop going on about it if you will ;)

One last thing though regarding watts - the faster time I did up Box Hill on the Neo shows as lower watts than my next two fastest times (which were both done on the Bkool) :wacko:

I think it’s been done to death too to be honest. But if Bob’s taught me anything it’s to always have an excuse for losing! ^_^. And you’ve consistently kicked my arse! :B)

I’ve just seen your result tonight mate. Class. You must of been buzzing to win the sprint for 2nd. It seems on zwift it ends in a close sprint 9 times out of 10.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Good race tonight - felt really strong and the flatter course suits me (yes, and the bkool probably!). Stayed in the front group right to the end then had a big sprint finish. Although it didn't look like it at the time, I've been given 2nd place in the final results ^_^. Not the biggest of races and all the super fast guys were probably doing the crit race at 8pm but I'm still chuffed with that!

Looking at the finishing times it looks like the others i went over the line with were Cat Bs (a couple of whom look to have been bumped up to A but placed behind me) https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=31050

bridgy

Legendary Member
I think it’s been done to death too to be honest. But if Bob’s taught me anything it’s to always have an excuse for losing! ^_^. And you’ve consistently kicked my arse! :B)

I’ve just seen your result tonight mate. Class. You must of been buzzing to win the sprint for 2nd. It seems on zwift it ends in a close sprint 9 times out of 10.
Saved the aero boost for the sprint finish :okay:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Paul, cracking result and by looks of it perfect use of the Aero. Looking at Strava your figures suggest a drafting race to the finish before you put the power down?

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Paul, cracking result and by looks of it perfect use of the Aero. Looking at Strava your figures suggest a drafting race to the finish before you put the power down?
I'm impressed you can tell that from Strava but yes, spot on!

<Tommy>

Andy which go pro do you have bud? I forget whether it’s hero 4 session or hero 5 session. Are you happy with the one you have? It’s that time of year where you have to compile a list of things you probably don’t need, to keep family and friends from strangling you!

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Andy which go pro do you have bud? I forget whether it’s hero 4 session or hero 5 session. Are you happy with the one you have? It’s that time of year where you have to compile a list of things you probably don’t need, to keep family and friends from strangling you!

Its the Hero 5 Session. I'm happy with the quality of video, compact size. What is a bit of complaint, the upload with gopro software is problematic. I now just put the memory card in the laptop and sort it out that way. The battery life will give 1.5hours video recording, if you do what I do and plug in a 5000mA battery extender, you can get 10 hours(lose waterproof whilst battery door open). You will need two 128GB memory cards for all the video. The last bit, which you know I've had problems is setting the Gopro to record in video and not take stills. I use the phone app to start the recording so I know its video. This is because the little screen on the Session is so small I cant be sure its in video record mode.

The bigger Go Pro have a viewfinder/display so its easier to setup-downside its a bigger device on your bike.

Last edited:

<Tommy>

Its the Hero 5 Session. I'm happy with the quality of video, compact size. What is a bit of complaint, the upload with gopro software is problematic. I now just put the memory card in the laptop and sort it out that way. The battery life will give 1.5hours video recording, if you do what I do and plug in a 5000mA battery extender, you can get 10 hours(lose waterproof whilst battery door open). You will need two 128GB memory cards for all the video. The last bit, which you know I've had problems is setting the Gopro to record in video and not take stills. I use the phone app to start the recording so I know its video. This is because the little screen on the Session is so small I cant be sure its in video record mode.

The bigger Go Pro have a viewfinder/display so its easier to setup-downside its a bigger device on your bike.

Thanks mate. Looking at youtube it looks like the 5 has better resolution and more stable. But if you had the 4 and happy with it then I may of gone that way. The appeal is the size like you say. I’m not sure I’d use it that much to be honest but it’s chridtmas so.... Yours was brill on the IOW to be fair, although not sure Bob appreciated its presence ^_^.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Thanks mate. Looking at youtube it looks like the 5 has better resolution and more stable. But if you had the 4 and happy with it then I may of gone that way. The appeal is the size like you say. I’m not sure I’d use it that much to be honest but it’s chridtmas so.... Yours was brill on the IOW to be fair, although not sure Bob appreciated its presence ^_^.

I would get the better quality one Tommy, all the better to resolve the glory of me pulling away from you in the Pyrenees:okay:

Top Bottom