Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
My segment time is quicker than Zwift power. I’ve been diddled again

bridgy

Legendary Member
Makes sense.

Hopefully all future ones will show ^_^

@IrishAl will just have to trust my time posted previously
Ah OK - I hadn't forseen that issue!

Well, Lee's ZP time is 40 odd seconds slower than his Strava time so for fairness we probably ought to take everyone's times from the same source. So maybe we should use Strava for this first stage (assuming everyone does have Strava :rolleyes:) and use ZP moving forward for subsequent stages?

Either that or a valid ZP time is a condition of entry to the league and you'll just have to do the stage again @kipster ;) (but we don't tend to do things as strictly as that here do we? :hugs:)

bridgy

Legendary Member
https://zwiftinsider.com/create-club/

I am having very busy week so literally no time to read this in detail but seems like grea news?
That looks great, and sounds perfect for the kind of events/races we occasionally like to do. Should mean we can set up proper races and not rely on the dodgy Meetup race function with its personalised finish lines!

I would be happy to set the club up for us but currently I don't have that option in my Companion App.

We're a bit embroiled in ZRL currently and also have our TDZ league so no immediate rush I guess, so hopefully I or someone else at the appropriate level on Zwift who's willing to set it up will be given access to the clubs function by the time we next want to set up some races

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
That looks great, and sounds perfect for the kind of events/races we occasionally like to do. Should mean we can set up proper races and not rely on the dodgy Meetup race function with its personalised finish lines!

I would be happy to set the club up for us but currently I don't have that option in my Companion App.

We're a bit embroiled in ZRL currently and also have our TDZ league so no immediate rush I guess, so hopefully I or someone else at the appropriate level on Zwift who's willing to set it up will be given access to the clubs function by the time we next want to set up some races

I just had a little look too. I guess we just keep looking until it’s available. I hate giving zwift credit before they’ve actually delivered but 🤞!

steverob

Guru
I signed up for the Beta test plan for Clubs (many months ago) with the intention of making a CycleChat Club for us all, and my application was accepted but then I heard nothing back after that. They did say it was going to be done slowly in waves, but I have a feeling that it'll be opened up randomly at some point.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
With regards times for the TDZ I would suggest we take them from Zwiftpower rather than Strava @IrishAl

Not everyone is on Strava and the strava segments tend to be a bit more problematic than Zwiftpower times (and not all courses will have suitable strava segments potentially).
Yeah we should go off the Zwiftpower times lads and everyone report on that result. It will include the lead in / pens whereas the Strava segments most likely don’t.
@kipster I‘ll believe you though many wouldn’t 😂. So far I’ve times for @Norry1 and @kipster. @BurningLegs did you find your time? @berty bassett did you find out how much you were diddled by?
As well as a GC times i’ll also award points from 20 down to 1 for relative places on each stage so that a bad time one day still keeps you in a points competition as well.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Yeah we should go off the Zwiftpower times lads and everyone report on that result. It will include the lead in / pens whereas the Strava segments most likely don’t.
@kipster I‘ll believe you though many wouldn’t 😂. So far I’ve times for @Norry1 and @kipster. @BurningLegs did you find your time? @berty bassett did you find out how much you were diddled by?
As well as a GC times i’ll also award points from 20 down to 1 for relative places on each stage so that a bad time one day still keeps you in a points competition as well.
Awesome work :thumbsup:

bridgy

Legendary Member
I don't think its so much Lee getting diddled, but Kipster getting a bit of a boost (potentially) by using the Strava time rather than the ZP one. Maybe when we have a few times in we could just comare difference in ZP and Strava segment times for most people and apply an appropriate extra few seconds to Kipster's time to bring him in line with what his ZP time would most likely have been?

kipster

Guru
I don't think its so much Lee getting diddled, but Kipster getting a bit of a boost (potentially) by using the Strava time rather than the ZP one. Maybe when we have a few times in we could just comare difference in ZP and Strava segment times for most people and apply an appropriate extra few seconds to Kipster's time to bring him in line with what his ZP time would most likely have been?
:eek:

The reported time for the ride (as flashed up on the screen at the end) was 1:07:09 which is the same as the segment. Looking at the map of the segment it looks to include the lead in.

Edit... I've just checked some club mates rides and the ZP time is longer than their Strava/zwift ride. One has a zp time of 1:08:37 but the zwift and Strava time for the ride is 1:08:25.

I'm happy to go with the some time being added as I won't be bothering the podium :laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom