Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
“As WTRL posted earlier, there was a bug with some racers not receiving the "join" button before the start of their races. Zwift experienced a brief server issue just as some of the WTRL events were about to start.

We are incredibly excited for the start of ZRL and this is not what we envisioned for the very first race of the season. We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and we are working with our staff to identify the underlying issue so that we can prevent this from happening in the future.

After discussing with WTRL, we will void the results for the divisions that have been affected. The affected divisions will now have a 7 week season instead of an 8 week season.”

CHARLIE ISSENDORF
Event Director at Zwift
charlie@zwift.com

Joffey

Big Dosser
“As WTRL posted earlier, there was a bug with some racers not receiving the "join" button before the start of their races. Zwift experienced a brief server issue just as some of the WTRL events were about to start.

We are incredibly excited for the start of ZRL and this is not what we envisioned for the very first race of the season. We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and we are working with our staff to identify the underlying issue so that we can prevent this from happening in the future.

After discussing with WTRL, we will void the results for the divisions that have been affected. The affected divisions will now have a 7 week season instead of an 8 week season.”

CHARLIE ISSENDORF
Event Director at Zwift
charlie@zwift.com

Disappointing but understandable.

steverob

Guru
:eek:

The reported time for the ride (as flashed up on the screen at the end) was 1:07:09 which is the same as the segment. Looking at the map of the segment it looks to include the lead in.

Edit... I've just checked some club mates rides and the ZP time is longer than their Strava/zwift ride. One has a zp time of 1:08:37 but the zwift and Strava time for the ride is 1:08:25.

I'm happy to go with the some time being added as I won't be bothering the podium :laugh:

The difference between the ZP time and the Strava segment / official ride time on Zwift is the amount of time it takes you to get out of the pens. The elapsed time clock in the top left of Zwift only starts rolling as you pass over the solid line that is towards the end of the pen as per the below diagram and that's also where the Strava segment kicks in, whereas the ZP time starts as soon as you are released from the pens themselves (e.g. at the exact moment the "GO!" appears on the overhead banners).

1641999611240.png

The problem is, you could be located right at the front of one of the first pens (e.g. position A), which should only take you about 10-15 seconds to get to the line from a standing start (depending on how much power you put down); or if you signed in later, you could find yourself right at the back of one of the rear spokes of the pen (e.g. position B), which can take anywhere between 30-45 seconds to get to the line from.

steverob

Guru
They had no choice really. They couldn't have re-arranged for a different date as some people schedule their week around racing on a Tuesday, with the other option of having the rest of the season play out with different divisions doing an earlier round to everyone else would have been a logistical nightmare to organise.

Also there were also a few affected divisions that did somehow manage to go ahead but with much reduced numbers (one had just four people in B and about 25 in C), so those results had to be annulled as it's unfair on those who couldn't get into the pens. I've double checked our division and certainly no-one managed to get in, so that doesn't affect us thankfully, but it must have been bizarre for those who did race in tiny fields wondering where their competition/team-mates were!

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Zwift power has me 1.04.08
segment says 1.03.33
not bothered what we decide to do :okay: - unless the lanky whippersnapper beats me^_^
hopefully not gonna lose too much time but never gonna worry anyone on flat
anyone who hasn't done it yet I can only say , total waste of time to work hard if your dropped , just wait for next group - they swarm by !

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
zwift question
Today i ran with virtual power just to see the difference and i noticed i didnt get any "scores " for sectors ? eg nothing at all , no countdown , sector time or ranking .
Is this right ?

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
not bothered what we decide to do :okay: - unless the lanky whippersnapper beats me^_^

You’re safe bud

I’ll not be able to race before Saturday I don’t think. I don’t know what stage that will be (?). But does anyone else fancy that? For me any time after lunch will be ok I think.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
If I get amoebic dysentery I might be able to lose enough weight by the weekend to set a respectable time - there’s going to be plenty of low-speed slipstream going up there!

Top Bottom