Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I'll soldier on, you know I don't want to talk too much about it :biggrin:

46 minutes is your target time Lee, crest the tower to have a chance to beat Paul's time.(saying that we might have a different start point to Paul)

Ha! If you two wind up merchants have finished?:tongue:
In th zsun forum they have taking talking about knees to a whole different level, with X-rays , leg imbalance power readings and everything. I feel like a kindred spirit :biggrin:
I look forward to watching you guys race from the comfort of my armchair with a cup of tea and toasted brioche with butter and jam. Ride well boys:okay:

bridgy

Legendary Member
That’s a monster effort from Paul. HR suggests he might even go faster:eek:
Does it?! It didn't feel like that to me!

Maybe the average was a tiny bit lower than some races because of the long downhill where I did have a bit of a rest. It's a longer ride than most races too so had to pace myself a little bit

bobinski

Legendary Member
Does it?! It didn't feel like that to me!

Maybe the average was a tiny bit lower than some races because of the long downhill where I did have a bit of a rest. It's a longer ride than most races too so had to pace myself a little bit

Paul, I think HR for second half of the ride in particular -between 150 and 160-suggests your strength and stamina and ability to recover from the exertions of climbing and yet you still maintain a cracking pace and finish on a climb. It’s really impressive.

LBHIFI

Veteran
Zwift is playing tricks on me today. Joined the KISS B AM race. Showed 27 people in the count field, but I was the only one at the peer.
Trying WBR race at 13:00 (my time) instead,

darrensmith0410

I'm hoping to Darren, but having said that I'm about to go for a "business lunch" so there's a distinct possibility I may be passed out on the sofa by 7pm instead....:cheers:

The one you did last Tuesday looked a bit full on!! They were putting out numbers I can only dream of :laugh:

bridgy

Legendary Member
The one you did last Tuesday looked a bit full on!! They were putting out numbers I can only dream of :laugh:
Yeah me too! Everyone went off at such a high pace. I can usually get into the front group in Cat A, even if I can't stay there for the whole race but not this time - this event must attract a lot of the very best riders as the standard was really high. The guy who finished in 25th needed to do average 4.6 w/kg to finish there :eek:

There were a lot of people in it though, so you should still hopefully find a group to settle in with

LBHIFI

Veteran
:cry: Got dumped on a downhill section - AGAIN. Felt really strong today and probably could have latched on for a little longer if i hadn't been for a gap opening between two riders in front of me and the front group. Once that gap is there it's game over.
Think I'll make my own little competition trying to best my time in the front group ... 12 minutes so far.

bobinski

Legendary Member
:cry: Got dumped on a downhill section - AGAIN. Felt really strong today and probably could have latched on for a little longer if i hadn't been for a gap opening between two riders in front of me and the front group. Once that gap is there it's game over.
Think I'll make my own little competition trying to best my time in the front group ... 12 minutes so far.

Lars, perhaps go and eat some doughnuts and get the weight up? Those downhills are always going to favour the heavier riders.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru

It's just like proper racing, if you let the gaps appear, its hell to get back on. You can't take your eyes off your avatar and if the smallest of gap appears, work right then to close it. Its happened to me just the same you are following the wrong rider, boom, dropped.

LBHIFI

Veteran
Lars, perhaps go and eat some doughnuts and get the weight up? Those downhills are always going to favour the heavier riders.
You got me analyzing, I seem to be one of the heavier riders. But comparing Strava data it seems that I'm very inefficient. Nobody used more power during those first 12 minutes, including heavier riders and A riders, and I was never in front :scratch:.

Last edited:
Top Bottom